Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default DNC Related Investigations aka "probably nothing"

I went back a few pages looking for somewhere to post this, but couldn't find the right fit. Couldn't believe a thread like this didn't exist here (sarc).

So I know the Clinton emails thing is nothing, because Comey told me it was nothing right after he said it was something. So I'm sure Lynch had a perfectly good reason to use a fake name when conversing about said subject.

http://thefederalist.com/2017/08/07/...ation-e-mails/

But seriously this must be fake, cause I can't find a link referring to this information in the NYT, CNN or the Washington Post.

Default Re: DNC Related Investigations aka "probably nothing"

Well, proves my point nobody wants to talk about Democrat riff raff.

I'll throw another bone.

In case nobody aware, a sitting US Senator is currently on trial for bribery (first in 36 years this has happened). New Jersey Senator Bob Menendez is being charged with selling his office for a life of luxury and campaign cash. The ramifications are significant in that the current governor of Jersey is Chris Christi, who would be in charge of replacing Menendez should he be convicted. The New York Times apparently thinks this is a "local news" item and has basically decided to ignore it. Supposedly the evidence is quite significant/overwhelming. I'll wait and see. But it is at least noteworthy enough to mention that he was charged and a trial has commenced.

And another. DWS has been embroiled in some controversy since being booted as DNC chair last year (which has been noted in the media). Apparently now though police think the IT staffer Awan may have planted a laptop for them to find. And I know this is from the daily caller, but the most important thing is a transcript near the bottom of the article. Interesting stuff.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/09/06/ex...hultzs-laptop/

Just a note, I don't go seek the daily caller, but they are regularly featured on RealClearPolitics, which does feature content from all over the political spectrum.

Man you are brave to bring these topics up here LOL. I'm sure someone will be by to link a Snopes article because we all know how unbiased they are.

I pray for the day that the double standard between left and right goes away. But I also pray for the day that we stop looking at politics like "my team vs your team".

It does take a lot of bravery to be a conservative in Oklahoma. The liberals here are so overwhelming they just ram all their liberal agenda down our throats all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Edmond_Outsider View Post
    It does take a lot of bravery to be a conservative in Oklahoma. The liberals here are so overwhelming they just ram all their liberal agenda down our throats all the time.
    I know you're being:

1. Snarky
    2. Facetious in attempt
    3. Trying to maintain your oppressed victim status

But find me a web forum focused on Oklahoma (that isn't college sports) that isn't dominated by progressives.

Quote Originally Posted by skwillz View Post
    I know you're being:

1. Snarky
    2. Facetious in attempt
    3. Trying to maintain your oppressed victim status

But find me a web forum focused on Oklahoma (that isn't college sports) that isn't dominated by progressives.
    Keep hope alive brotha

He's not wrong. If you looked at this forum or the Oklahoma subreddit, you'd assume Oklahoma is the most liberal state in the country.

9. Default Re: DNC Related Investigations aka "probably nothing"

Quote Originally Posted by jerrywall View Post
    He's not wrong. If you looked at this forum or the Oklahoma subreddit, you'd assume Oklahoma is the most liberal state in the country.
    Interesting, wonder why that is? Liberals needing to try to push back against conservatism, therefore posting more and conservatives feeling OK in that they are in control in the state and don't feel that need to push back against liberalism? Something else?

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    Interesting, wonder why that is? Liberals needing to try to push back against conservatism, therefore posting more and conservatives feeling OK in that they are in control in the state and don't feel that need to push back against liberalism? Something else?
    OKC is arguably the most liberal part of Oklahoma. You have a lot of fed government jobs and a more diverse population than the more rural areas.

11. Default Re: DNC Related Investigations aka "probably nothing"

Quote Originally Posted by chuck5815 View Post
    OKC is arguably the most liberal part of Oklahoma. You have a lot of fed government jobs and a more diverse population than the more rural areas.
    True, so I can understand OKCTalk being that way, but isn't the subreddit for all of OK (I don't do reddit, so I don't know)? If so, not sure how to explain that...

Literacy has a well known liberal bias.

Classy. Wonder why folks resent liberal elitists. Comments like the post above are why Trump was elected and carried so many blue collar votes.

Quote Originally Posted by Edmond_Outsider View Post
    Literacy has a well known liberal bias.
    So does living in parent's basements...

Classy. Wonder why folks resent liberal elitists. Comments like the post above are why Trump was elected and carried so many blue collar votes.
    Maybe so. He certainly did not get elected because he got the most votes. Nothing sticks it to "liberal elites" more than electing an alleged billionaire from Manhattan that lives in a gold tower. That'll show 'em!

Yeah, they sure showed those liberals. They elected an incompetent racist narcissistic conman who moonlights as a sexual predator. Makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Swake View Post
    Yeah, they sure showed those liberals. They elected an incompetent racist narcissistic conman who moonlights as a sexual predator. Makes sense.
    Yet to you, this sheds absolutely no light on the candidate the the democrats ran. Look it is what it is, Democrats lost this election, Trump just happened to be the beneficiary.

And this thread will continue to completely avoid the topic at hand. Par for the course I suppose. More fun to talk about the other teams losers.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Yet to you, this sheds absolutely no light on the candidate the the democrats ran. Look it is what it is, Democrats lost this election, Trump just happened to be the beneficiary.

The Democratic candidate got more votes than any white male in history.

Quote Originally Posted by checkthat View Post
    The Democratic candidate got more votes than any white male in history.
    I guess I fail to see the significance of this statement. More people are living in the United States today than ever before. Which is the case every election. So I would fully expect vote tallies to increase every time...

I guess I fail to see the significance of this statement. More people are living in the United States today than ever before. Which is the case every election. So I would fully expect vote tallies to increase every time...
    It is a fact. You may not run across many of those on The Federalist or The Daily Caller. It is what it is.

I guess thin skin and a lack of humor has a conservative bias.

If having reading comprehension and an ability to understand language makes one a elitist liberal, then I'll cop to that name.

If being illiterate causes a person to get suckered into believing in and voting for Trump, I'm happy to not be counted among them.

Telling poor, blue collared workers they're illiterate is a great way to convert them. Keep it up!

This. So did Trump. Funny. Population grows. And it's also funny how she has to qualify her statement.

Quote Originally Posted by checkthat View Post
    It is a fact. You may not run across many of those on The Federalist or The Daily Caller. It is what it is.
    I didn't refute it, just failed to see the significance of it or why it mattered at all in this discussion. As a percentage of the voting population she got significantly less than Reagan did in his day. In fact, she got less than Bush as well (who got less than Gore, hahaha). It's a number with no meaning (and no context, just like I assume you like it).

And yes, it's probably not ballied around in those publications because as I have pointed out, it is meaningless in context...

Thread Information