Widgets Magazine

Thread: Kroger

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Kroger

^

That is interesting, thanks for sharing.

I saw an analysis a few years ago that compared the traditional grocery stores in California (Ralph's/Kroger, Vons) versus Walmart and Costco.

If you used coupons, the traditional stores actually had the lowest prices on a consistent basis.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    ^

That is interesting, thanks for sharing.

I saw an analysis a few years ago that compared the traditional grocery stores in California (Ralph's/Kroger, Vons) versus Walmart and Costco.

If you used coupons, the traditional stores actually had the lowest prices on a consistent basis.
    I was a coupon person back in the day. My best was like $120 of grocery for $14. It was way easier back in the day though. You could take a competitor ad to another store that would double coupon and they would take the ad price and than you could double your coupon. No you can't do that so much. No one really has ads anymore. Also there was no limit you could use now some stores only let you use two coupons. I don't know it like I used too. The coupons also are not very good in the Sunday paper. Long story short though yes If you can find coupons it's cheaper to buy things at the supermarket especially if your store does double coupons.

Quote Originally Posted by kukblue1 View Post
    No one really has ads anymore.
    That's not really true unless you are only thinking about printed ads going out with a newspaper. I shop at Homeland and look at the ads on their website every week before going shopping. They also have printed copies of the ad available to pick up at the store.

Thread Information