Widgets Magazine
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 91011121314

Thread: Kroger

Default Re: Kroger

US goverment is putting a stop to the Kroger and Albertsons merger.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/02/26/inves...ftc/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post

what a joke

3. Default Re: Kroger

Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post

They're trying anyway.

Good, we need more competition, not less. Hoping they stop the Capital One/Discover merge as well.

Quote Originally Posted by therhett17 View Post
    Good, we need more competition, not less. Hoping they stop the Capital One/Discover merge as well.
    This merger actually would help with competing against Chase and Citi. This would help Discover possibly break up this duopoly and be able to offer more competitive credit card fees than the big two. Not every merger is bad.

Quote Originally Posted by onthestrip View Post
    This merger actually would help with competing against Chase and Citi. This would help Discover possibly break up this duopoly and be able to offer more competitive credit card fees than the big two. Not every merger is bad.
    yep very much this you can look at it as the DOJ protecting chase/citi ..

the same with the jet blue spirit merege .. the DOJ really protected the big 4 (AA UA Delta and SW )

Just received an email from Kroger saying they are closing Austin, San Antonio, and a South Florida delivery facilities. And that "your delivery facility will close on 5/25." We can order groceries until then. WTF?!?

Quote Originally Posted by amaesquire View Post
    Just received an email from Kroger saying they are closing Austin, San Antonio, and a South Florida delivery facilities. And that "your delivery facility will close on 5/25." We can order groceries until then. WTF?!?
    Are you saying that the closures in Texas impact home delivery here in the OKC Metro and surrounding communities?

Quote Originally Posted by amaesquire View Post
    Isn’t the delivery center for us in DFW?

That email is confusing but I don't think it means they are closing OKC.

I didn't get that notification, and I use Kroger all the time.

I only used them a couple of times. I did get the same email, it didn’t make sense to me either.

Yeah I'm seeing the news reports about South Florida, Austin and San Antonio but nothing yet about OKC. It would suck if they did, we use it weekly.

13. Default Re: Kroger

Could be a company wide blanket email whether you're in the affected areas or not.

I suspect the email is targeted based on locations you may have shopped at previously while utilizing your Kroger loyalty card/account. I received the email despite never using Kroger delivery services anywhere, but I'm certain that I shopped at either an Austin or San Antonio location during a vacation.

I also received the email and have only ordered delivery here in OKC.

16. Default Re: Kroger

Ceding S Texas to HEB and S Florida to Publix?

I forgot about my Dallas 214 area code on my phone. Could be why I got that email. ?

I signed up for one of their accounts but never placed an order. I have not recieved one of their emails.

Quote Originally Posted by mugofbeer View Post
    Ceding S Texas to HEB and S Florida to Publix?
    This was my thought. And HEB is building pretty steady all over north TX now.

Update: OKC appears to be safe:

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Update: OKC appears to be safe:

I was also about to post that Kroger on Facebook is advertising about a virtual hiring event for drivers in OKC on April 9th, so it definitely appears to be safe.

Putting this in the Grocery forum;
    H-E-B is opening up a new $30 million store in Georgetown, a suburb north of Austin, according to a recent Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation (TDLR) filing. The Texas-sized plans for construction include a nearly 110,000-square-foot store and a $2 million fuel station, and car wash.
    This Georgetown H-E-B will be in a new 31-acre shopping center called Parmer Ranch Marketplace, according to the preliminary plans. Construction is expected to begin September 9 with an approximate completion date scheduled for May 2025. All TDLR filings are subject to change at any time.

Located in one of the fastest-growing counties in the U.S., Georgetown is home to two other H-E-B stores at Wolf Lakes Village and Williams Drive.

Small towns like Georgetown in Williamson County have experienced huge economy boosts from tech companies like Tesla and Samsung both investing in Hutto and Taylor, while still being in close proximity to Austin.

Thread Information