Widgets Magazine
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Kroger

Default Re: Kroger

Any idea if Kroger will start doing wine & beer with the delivery service? I have to say, it’s currently a big downfall with the service, especially if it’s your main grocery haul.

Do they just leave groceries at doorstep or wait until they are checked?

Quote Originally Posted by roci28 View Post
    Do they just leave groceries at doorstep or wait until they are checked?
    Both, whichever the customer prefers.

Did Kroger cut back on delivery? I live in the Village and it says they don't deliver in this area. I then tried entering a rental property of ours in NWOKC, no luck there. I finally tried my office (63rd and Broadway), but to no avail. Anyone else having this issue?

Quote Originally Posted by ditm4567 View Post
    Did Kroger cut back on delivery? I live in the Village and it says they don't deliver in this area. I then tried entering a rental property of ours in NWOKC, no luck there. I finally tried my office (63rd and Broadway), but to no avail. Anyone else having this issue?
    Try on their website rather than their app.

Quote Originally Posted by ditm4567 View Post
    They wont deliver to my home either. I tried the website and the app. They keep correcting my address from 62nd street to OK 66 which is several miles away. I believe its a storage center on route 66/39th northwest highway. I tried i wont ne using their products

I know they deliver out to the Cashion area....quite a bit. I believe it's a $6.00 delivery charges. What a deal!!!

Looks like there are a couple Shell stations on the west side of the metro where you can use Kroger fuel points. Found them by searching with the fuel locator in the app.

Started utilizing this service last week and got my second delivery yesterday. Have no complaints at all and really helps with not impulse buying.

Any idea if Kroger will start doing wine & beer with the delivery service? I have to say, it’s currently a big downfall with the service, especially if it’s your main grocery haul.

I tried this out and everything went relatively smooth. Only one item was forgotten, but did not realize it until days later and the order was marked complete. Not a big deal.

I am curious about tipping though, the delivery personnel knocked on my door and there were two people. They had already sat the bags down by the door, but were still standing there with a tablet. I asked if I needed to sign or anything and they said no. One of them turned the tablet around and showed the transaction and how much money was saved - clicked a button to mark delivered and they left. It felt awkward and I didn't know if they were waiting around for a cash tip or what? I did not have any cash regardless. It seems strange to show the customer how much they saved when that customer is the one who placed the order the previous day?

^

I don't think they are allowed to take tips.

I have now tried kroger.com three times. One of the times was decent, one time was marginally bad, and the most recent order, which I placed last night, was a total trainwreck.

Unless you are ordering the most basic prepackaged items, this service is subpar. They were out of my items but offered no substitutions, which I know is bunk because when I placed the order there were several options. I called customer service and they said, "We can't help you with your order until it is delivered." So, two-thirds of the main entrees I ordered are out of the order without any attempt to replace them with something else, and no opportunity for me to go in and find a replacement. No human texting you about replacements. And no number to call for help.

I gave it a few months to get going in hopes that it would improve but it has not. I just canceled my entire order. I will go back to ordering from Crest and Homeland through Shipt or Whole Foods through Amazon (which has its own set of issues).

Blog Entries

Used it for the first time this past weekend. Received an email about substitutions and an email confirming my delivery at the same time. So they substituted for me, but didn't ask me (which is fine). I didn't really have any issues with the contents of my order. Felt like everything was pretty smooth.

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    Used it for the first time this past weekend. Received an email about substitutions and an email confirming my delivery at the same time. So they substituted for me, but didn't ask me (which is fine). I didn't really have any issues with the contents of my order. Felt like everything was pretty smooth.
    Walmart is pretty solid although they do have their f'ck ups here and there. I always uncheck substitutions because I've had mashed potatoes substituted with sweet mash potatoes etc. And now and again I get my groceries with someone else's groceries which is a freebie for me.

Even when my groceries are delivered to another person or I didn't get them which is very rare the money is returned right away.

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    I have now tried kroger.com three times. One of the times was decent, one time was marginally bad, and the most recent order, which I placed last night, was a total trainwreck.

Unless you are ordering the most basic prepackaged items, this service is subpar. They were out of my items but offered no substitutions, which I know is bunk because when I placed the order there were several options. I called customer service and they said, "We can't help you with your order until it is delivered." So, two-thirds of the main entrees I ordered are out of the order without any attempt to replace them with something else, and no opportunity for me to go in and find a replacement. No human texting you about replacements. And no number to call for help.

I gave it a few months to get going in hopes that it would improve but it has not. I just canceled my entire order. I will go back to ordering from Crest and Homeland through Shipt or Whole Foods through Amazon (which has its own set of issues).
    While I know everyone their reasons, this is a why I'll continue to just go to the grocery store myself for everything I need. I don't have to deal with any issues like that. I go home with everything I need or know why.

Quote Originally Posted by unfundedrick View Post
    While I know everyone their reasons, this is a why I'll continue to just go to the grocery store myself for everything I need. I don't have to deal with any issues like that. I go home with everything I need or know why.
    That's kind of where I'm at. Plus, I like being able to get in a few extra steps since I'm not really into throwing iron around with big dudes.

Blog Entries

In my case I only used Kroger because I was in isolation at the time. Normally I do and would only go to the grocery store.

I don't know if I can share the presentation but we've found that there is a huge divide on home delivered groceries at this moment. Essentially mid 30's and younger are pretty gung ho for it and the younger they get the more excited they are for it and / or use it. But there's a weird intersection in wealth with that chart. A young fairly successful millennial still vastly prefers shopping for themselves, the thought is much like with customers in their upper 30's and older they are very determined to pick their own meats, fruits and veggies while shopping, with nearly 2/3 of people who have used an online delivery service saying they've had a bad experience with a fresh item on delivery. And depending on age and family size basically deciding if they will keep trying online ordering or return to traditional shopping.

Believe me, there is so much brain power and money being poured into solving that issue it's stupid. One example I was shown actually had an automated conveyor that took close up pictures of your fresh products and sent you the images and you could hand approve them from home. Seems a little too out there for me honestly. It will be the future, but most retailers are still only seeing online orders as being 5-7% of their total orders.

I can see this as a godsend for older people. Yes its nice to get out but for some who have difficulty and find it tiring, it can be a world of difference in their life. I wish this was up and running when I had the misfortune of having my truck in the shop for 13 weeks. I live out east of Edmond and had issues with getting friends to pick up orders for me. I was just outside instacart delivery area. Kroger would have been great to be able to just order and wait at my front gate for delivery for a small fee. For older folks too this would be great or those off their feet for a while due to illness or injury. Great idea.

Interesting story here about Kroger:

https://www.dailydot.com/irl/kroger-...grocery-items/

Kroger and Albertsons are merging. Not happy about all of these mergers.

https://www.reuters.com/markets/deal...rrftPySNroEbik

The FTC hasn't reviewed this yet, but hopefully it will not go through.
    At least U.S. Senators Amy Klobuchar (D-MN) and Mike Lee (R-UT), and one other Senator, have called for antitrust hearings to investigate the merger.

Not so fast there vulture capitalist.

A seismic grocery merger faces major opposition from employees and antitrust experts
    https://www.nbcnews.com/business/bus...pers-rcna55597

Blog Entries

Saw this segment on Channel 5 a few days ago and thought some might find it interesting.

https://www.koco.com/article/oklahom...cient/42749195

Thread Information