Widgets Magazine
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Kroger

Default Re: Kroger

^

Plenty of people said they had a good experience, which is nothing short of amazing considering the complexity of what they are doing and the complete newness of it all.

so Kroger. does anyone know where you check to see if they can deliver to your area yet? i'm curious if they are coming to Norman already or when that might be

Quote Originally Posted by jedicurt View Post
    so Kroger. does anyone know where you check to see if they can deliver to your area yet? i'm curious if they are coming to Norman already or when that might be
    Enter your zip code here; Norman zip codes seem to be live:

https://www.kroger.com/rp/grocery-delivery/

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Enter your zip code here; Norman zip codes seem to be live:

https://www.kroger.com/rp/grocery-delivery/
    thanks pete!

They have a subset of their assortment of beers I've never seen available in Oklahoma, but says unavailable

Kroger has yet to expand delivery to a full 90-mile radius (which would stretch all the way to Lawton, Clinton, Ponca City, Henryetta, Ada and Davis) but they are now taking orders as far away as Guthrie, Purcell, El Reno, Shawnee and Perry.

What a huge boon to those communities and tons of other rural areas.

I wonder how much teh delivery fee for some of the outlaying areas will be. Still with gas prices, it might be a good deal for some folks. They could do a group order with say friends or neighbors once a month.

Kroger has yet to expand delivery to a full 90-mile radius (which would stretch all the way to Lawton, Clinton, Ponca City, Henryetta, Ada and Davis) but they are now taking orders as far away as Guthrie, Purcell, El Reno, Shawnee and Perry.

What a huge boon to those communities and tons of other rural areas.
    Theyre still not delivering to 73112. I had my wife sign up online and then download the app. Still not delivering to that zip code. Im beginning to wonder if its on the horizon at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Theyre still not delivering to 73112. I had my wife sign up online and then download the app. Still not delivering to that zip code. Im beginning to wonder if its on the horizon at this point.
    That's strange. Out of curiosity, I grabbed several random addresses in that zip code from Google Maps and plugged them into Kroger's site to check delivery availability, and it accepted all of the ones I've tried. You might want to contact them directly to ask about your address; contact info here: https://www.kroger.com/hc/help/contact-us

So I put together an order to try out their delivery service, and for the most part I was pretty pleased. I tried to get something from every department, including fresh deli, to get an idea of the full experience. I did have a few issues with my delivery but nothing crazy; a few items (bread and eggs) were handled more roughly than I'd expect and didn't arrive in the best condition, one frozen item (ice cream) was warmer than I would have expected, and the produce selection wasn't exactly what I would have picked - with onions and zucchini, I prefer to select ones than are larger than what they selected for me - though except for the bananas, the quality of what they did select for me was quite good. I've reached out to their customer service team on these issues and will report back on the experience once they reply. But for everything else, I was really pleased with the experience. The digital coupons are really awesome; you can browse all available coupons, and when you clip one it will show you all items that the coupon is valid for and let you add those items directly to your cart from there, and some of them are valid for multiple uses too. The delivery was done by a team of two who were very nice and friendly and made sure I wasn't missing any items. I also really appreciate that they use larger, heavier plastic bags for their deliveries versus other stores - it made getting everything inside much easier, and are perfect for reuse around the house as well.

Having Kroger in town, even though they're delivery-only, is absolutely an asset and I'm really glad they're giving our market a go. I expect their service will only improve as they continue to work out the kinks.

Had a delivery Monday. Pretty decent experience.

Was shorted a loaf of sourdough.

It looks like 73170 in far south OKC is live. I'll give them a try this week.

I'm in that area and received a delivery this morning. It was a little bumpy. Delivery was scheduled between 6 and 7AM. At 7:30, my delivery had not arrived and I had not been contacted by Kroger. Tried calling (automated) not helpful in these circumstances given Sunday hours. Chatted online with three people as I was disconnected twice and then given another # to call. The only explanation I received was issues at the fulfillment center. My order did arrive at 8:30AM. One item was not substituted which was disappointing. The one medium onion I ordered was the weirdly the size of a melon. Everyone I spoke with was pleasant and they did offer a $10 credit for the trouble. Will probably wait a while to re-order and give them a chance to work the kinks out.

I tried ordering at noon and delivery wasn't available until the next day. They must be crazy busy or short staffed. Or both.

^

I believe everything is next day delivery at this point.

I'm sure that will change when they get fully up to speed.

I just ordered the service for the first time and this was my experience:

Prices: vs instacart it's not close. I have a credit card that takes away delivery fees for instacart, but their markup on each product adds up. Kroger's delivery prices are much more in line with real grocery stores. The delivery fee is lower than what I'd tip a normal driver as well.

Availability: only one item I ordered (bok choy) was unavailable, but they let me know at checkout. Everything else, I believe, made it here and in good shape. Compared to instacart where you have to really sit on the phone and babysit the shopper, this was easy

Delivery: I set the delivery window between 9-10. Driver was here right at 9 today. I think they might have even been here earlier but waited until the time window to attempt delivery

The only problem, **which I was very concerned about**, is that I live in a condo in deep deuce and **every** delivery service driver has trouble with my address. Most times they don't even ask questions and eventually drop items off at the deep deuce apartments next door and then I've got to run them down. This driver also had a tough time finding how to get into my building, but a Kroger associate called me up and we were able to get it resolved without my driver walking around the whole neighborhood or just giving up.

As someone who doesn't have a car, imo this is the best grocery service thus far in the city

Quote Originally Posted by 3nglnd View Post
    I just ordered the service for the first time and this was my experience:

Prices: vs instacart it's not close. I have a credit card that takes away delivery fees for instacart, but their markup on each product adds up. Kroger's delivery prices are much more in line with real grocery stores. The delivery fee is lower than what I'd tip a normal driver as well.

Availability: only one item I ordered (bok choy) was unavailable, but they let me know at checkout. Everything else, I believe, made it here and in good shape. Compared to instacart where you have to really sit on the phone and babysit the shopper, this was easy

Delivery: I set the delivery window between 9-10. Driver was here right at 9 today. I think they might have even been here earlier but waited until the time window to attempt delivery

The only problem, **which I was very concerned about**, is that I live in a condo in deep deuce and **every** delivery service driver has trouble with my address. Most times they don't even ask questions and eventually drop items off at the deep deuce apartments next door and then I've got to run them down. This driver also had a tough time finding how to get into my building, but a Kroger associate called me up and we were able to get it resolved without my driver walking around the whole neighborhood or just giving up.

As someone who doesn't have a car, imo this is the best grocery service thus far in the city
    thank you for the great review

Pretty sure you can use coupons with Kroger delivery, which is another big price advantage.

Given their investment, track record and commitment to customer service, this is starting to look like a game-changer, especially for those who can't easily get to a grocery store due to location or family/physical issues.

Not to mention it's a great choice when concerned about Covid or other viruses.

Pretty sure you can use coupons with Kroger delivery, which is another big price advantage.
    Yes you sure can - Kroger has quite a few digital coupons available on their site that are valid for delivery. On the top menu bar, click Savings, then click Digital Coupons. You can then see the available coupons and clip the ones you want. Each coupon also shows exactly which products the coupons apply to, and you can add those products to your cart directly from that list. Pretty nice system.

I had a pleasant experience with Kroger today. I booked my first order yesterday afternoon for a delivery time between 6-7 this morning. At 6:10, I had my groceries sitting on my porch and dogs barking earlier than usual.

I was told that thus far, Kroger has been doing "much better than expected" in the OKC market. This seems to be a common theme repeated by any chain that opens here.

Interestingly, they don't have any current plan to expand to Tulsa.

I was told that thus far, Kroger has been doing "much better than expected" in the OKC market. This seems to be a common theme repeated by any chain that opens here.

Interestingly, they don't have any current plan to expand to Tulsa.
    Always strange how much companies underestimate us. I know we're a small market, but we're still a metro with almost 1.5 million people.

23. Default Re: Kroger

Quote Originally Posted by baralheia View Post
    Yes you sure can - Kroger has quite a few digital coupons available on their site that are valid for delivery. On the top menu bar, click Savings, then click Digital Coupons. You can then see the available coupons and clip the ones you want. Each coupon also shows exactly which products the coupons apply to, and you can add those products to your cart directly from that list. Pretty nice system.
    With delivery only service I am not sure if they will do this or not but in Denver where I use their King Soopers store, they also send out personalized coupons based on what you buy. Some are very nice like a free carton of eggs or $ off your entire purchase. These save a lot since they are personalized.

Quote Originally Posted by mugofbeer View Post
    With delivery only service I am not sure if they will do this or not but in Denver where I use their King Soopers store, they also send out personalized coupons based on what you buy. Some are very nice like a free carton of eggs or $ off your entire purchase. These save a lot since they are personalized.
    Yes, if you register on the Kroger site they will send you personalized emails based on what you add to your on-line cart and what you actually buy.

I know I keep saying this, but I don't think people realize what a game-changer this is for more than half the state. I'm not surprised because I followed what they were doing in Florida -- another market where they lack physical stores -- and they have already become very popular.

It's not for everyone, but there are a hundred ways this improves the grocery situation throughout a big chunk of the state.

I saw excavating on the east sided of I-35 across from the warehouses that are being built on the west side. Just north of the Wilshire exit.

Thread Information