Widgets Magazine
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Kroger

Default Re: Kroger

Quote Originally Posted by Bowser214 View Post
    Speaking of delivery services...Amazon has paired up with Grubhub. If you have an Amazon Prime account you can get free delivery on Grubhub.
    Woot. Thanks for this heads up.

Quote Originally Posted by John1744 View Post
    They have appeared to aggressively expanded their delivery circle in the last week. I can tell you the local independents, the Marc Jones and Harroz's of the local grocery industry are way more nervous about this new inclusion into the market than they were over Winco or even what Walmart is typically up to. The saving grace is currently that people hopefully still want to choose their own meats and produce items and not trust a low paid worker to choose those items for them. I've been quietly trying to convince some local grocers they really need to be pursuing online options ASAP as the convenience can sometimes make up for the maybe slightly degraded perishable product. It doesn't help though that AWG locally hasn't officially partnered with any one company, instead leaving it to their owners to kind of go at it alone.
    Their app is ridiculous. I can't even get my account set up. Crest will be fine.

They haven't expanded to a full 90-mile radius (which would cover all the way to Lawton, Clinton, Ponca City, Henryetta, Ada and Davis) but will now deliver to Guthrie, Purcell, El Reno, Shawnee and Perry.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    They haven't expanded to a full 90-mile radius (which would cover all the way to Lawton, Clinton, Ponca City, Henryetta, Ada and Davis) but will now deliver to Guthrie, Purcell, El Reno, Shawnee and Perry.
    An expanded map is indeed necessary. I live at 63rd and portland and im off their map. I had really looked forward to a few items but ill be left out for now. Ive checked the app multiple times over the last week. And NADA

Update: I called customer service and resolved my account setup issues.

I placed my first order. Will be interesting to try out some of their white labeled merchandise.

So far, the experience isn't much different than that of other grocery delivery experiences. One major usability issue is that even though you have started putting items into your cart for a delivery order, the site continues to show you merchandise that is not available, or, would have to be shipped to you. This is extremely annoying.

At least with the Kroger experience you can put individual product notes on the items, something you amazingly still cannot do when ordering Whole Foods through Amazon.

On that note, they were out of a lot of merchandise. It would be a much better user experience to show only what is in stock for delivery. Some corporate knob probably overruled the UX designers and suggested that having pages and pages of merchandise to scroll through was "good advertising" for products people can't purchase when ordering.

Noted that they do not allow tips for their delivery workers. Not sure how I feel about that other than I hope the delivery staff is well paid.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    An expanded map is indeed necessary. I live at 63rd and portland and im off their map. I had really looked forward to a few items but ill be left out for now. Ive checked the app multiple times over the last week. And NADA
    ???

You are either 73112 or 73116 and I was able to get delivery to either.

Enter you zip code here:

https://www.kroger.com/rp/grocery-delivery/

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    Noted that they do not allow tips for their delivery workers. Not sure how I feel about that other than I hope the delivery staff is well paid.
    They are full-time employees with benefits.

Correct me if I am wrong but they are also a nationally unionized workforce.

9. Default Re: Kroger

Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    Correct me if I am wrong but they are also a nationally unionized workforce.
    Their store employees in colorado definitely are.

I figured that they were. I am just hoping they are paid a good wage.

???

You are either 73112 or 73116 and I was able to get delivery to either.

Enter you zip code here:

https://www.kroger.com/rp/grocery-delivery/
    I wonder when theyll open up those zipcodes? Seems counterproductive those are both heavily populated

I wonder when theyll open up those zipcodes? Seems counterproductive those are both heavily populated
    They are open.

Try going through their website rather than their app.

They are open.

Try going through their website rather than their app.
    So it works thru the website but not the app? Hope they fix that soon

Seems that way, the app said my address was a no go in the 73118 but the website says it's good

Quote Originally Posted by shartel_ave View Post
    Seems that way, the app said my address was a no go in the 73118 but the website says it's good
    I ordered peanut butter pretzels but it was 4.99 shipping. Not 6.99. I dont think thats an item they stock here. Says fed ex delivery. I suppose they still have some bugs to work on.

They apprently do wine on their app. Not sure they deliver that. Has anyone tried that?

17. Default Re: Kroger

The app works fine after you set up your account login via the website. Just don't use the app to set up your account and you will be fine after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    The app works fine after you set up your account login via the website. Just don't use the app to set up your account and you will be fine after that.
    that is what I did

I got my first delivery this morning after placing it yesterday afternoon.

Out of three meat items, two were unavailable, so I will unfortunately have to go to the grocery store to fill in this week.

It was probably my fault for ordering such an early delivery. When I awoke, I noticed a text notification saying items were out and asking me for substitutions, but I was asleep.

Hopefully these are just early bugs, but not having a butcher set-up really impairs the ability to order meat in sensible portions. I needed skin-on chicken thighs for a recipe and the only size available included 12 chicken thighs, which is crazy for our family of three. We plan to make two meals out of it.

Like I said in the earlier post, they were out of a ton of merchandise, but you still have to scroll through everything to get to things that are available. This is a major usability problem.

We got some of their white label lettuces and they look leagues better than the crummy Dole and other varieties common in OKC groceries. Very crisp and ready to serve without the need to wash them.

Aside from a poblano and the lettuces, none of my other produce items were filled. They were out of everything (even the recommended substitution).

So, hopefully, this is just a matter of them scaling up before they get it together.

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    I got my first delivery this morning after placing it yesterday afternoon.

Out of three meat items, two were unavailable, so I will unfortunately have to go to the grocery store to fill in this week.

It was probably my fault for ordering such an early delivery. When I awoke, I noticed a text notification saying items were out and asking me for substitutions, but I was asleep.

Hopefully these are just early bugs, but not having a butcher set-up really impairs the ability to order meat in sensible portions. I needed skin-on chicken thighs for a recipe and the only size available included 12 chicken thighs, which is crazy for our family of three. We plan to make two meals out of it.

Like I said in the earlier post, they were out of a ton of merchandise, but you still have to scroll through everything to get to things that are available. This is a major usability problem.

We got some of their white label lettuces and they look leagues better than the crummy Dole and other varieties common in OKC groceries. Very crisp and ready to serve without the need to wash them.

Aside from a poblano and the lettuces, none of my other produce items were filled. They were out of everything (even the recommended substitution).

So, hopefully, this is just a matter of them scaling up before they get it together.
    sounds just like walmart delivery

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    just don’t use your phone app. You won’t be able to delete your account afterwards to re sign up through the The website so then you’ll be stuck living a zip code that they don’t deliver too.

I'll continue to use walmart delivery as this doesn't appear to be a better options as far as having what you order in stock and I never allow substitutions.

I thought with them having having dedicated kroger drivers and being delivery only it would be better with less screw ups but doesn't sound like it is yet.

I bank with USAA and one time I had an issue with my debit card about 11 years ago and USAA put that money right back in my account the same day. I don't use credit cards.

I've been with USAA for 25 years

You might want to wait more than 2 weeks after opening before judging them so harshly, especially since you haven't even tried them yet.

Just had Kroger delivered and it was a good experience. The produce was in good shape. No complaints on my end so I'll definitely do it again in the future.

You might want to wait more than 2 weeks after opening before judging them so harshly, especially since you haven't even tried them yet.
    I will, I'm just saying for now I will stay with walmart until issues like being out of stock of items is resolved as that is the only issue I have with walmart delivery and I can go to the same walmart that day and find what they said they were out of.

Not sure if it is an issue keeping the website updated with inventory or what. I can understand walmart having that issue and I expect Kroger to not have that issue being delivery only and keeping the website up to date with what is in stock for delivery.

I don't believe I was being harsh I was just going off what another person experienced with items being out of stock that the site had listed as being in stock and the the issue with the app saying my address is not available for delivery because I use the app for walmart exclusively.

I'm in IT but I do not have a computer at home I use my phone and my wife has an ipad so apps are way more convenient.

Thread Information