Widgets Magazine
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Kroger

Default Re: Kroger

Quote Originally Posted by therhett17 View Post
    So is the delivery fee 6.95 or 9.95? I keep seeing conflicting things
    It depends on your location.

You can start an order and see the delivery fee without committing to buy.

Just got my first Kroger delivery. They're new so they have some kinks to work out. Got more groceries than I ordered but I have covid so I can't return anything. I'm sure I got mine plus someone else's order.

Quote Originally Posted by Bowser214 View Post
    Just got my first Kroger delivery. They're new so they have some kinks to work out. Got more groceries than I ordered but I have covid so I can't return anything. I'm sure I got mine plus someone else's order.
    Hope you get to feeling better soon.

i hope you get better soon but ? why can't you return anything? and what is that process with Kroger since they have no physical location ? ?

Because I had to physically touch the grocery bags contaminating them. If I wasn't sick, I could've just given the bags that weren't mine back to the delivery person. I had them put the bags in my garage. I stood on the other side and told them there were too many bags. I didn't feel like talking. They came back to my front door and verified that they had dropped off another order with mine but since I had covid....only got charged for my order.

Typically, they hand you the groceries and let you verify everything is correct. And if it isn't, they'll take responsibility for fixing it straight away.

This is a big part of their business model and why they are hiring employees rather than using gig drivers that just dump the stuff on your porch.

Having Covid, is different of course. But a big part of their marketing differentiation is to provide good customer service on the spot, so people will trust them and keep coming back.

I wish they could pay me what I make now, I would jump on this.

They started delivery-only in Florida about a year ago and have done a ton of business.

It makes a lot of sense. You can barely drive to and from a grocery store for $6.95.

And there are plenty of busy moms, senior citizens, and people like me that just hate the hassle of a grocery store, but almost everyone has to shop at one.

And the Walmart delivery is pretty much like everything else they do: cheap and shoddy.

Kroger has won a lot of people over in new delivery-only markets. I can see them being very successful here. And they basically solve forever the 'food desert' problem.

Anyone know what if there is a mark-up (similar to Doordash and Postmates) on items? Or since it is run by Kruger, there is no need for said mark-up?

I don't think there is any markup; just the delivery fee.

Nice, walmart is always out of a few things when we get delivery and I can go the same walmart in belle isle and they have what they said they didn't have.

Might have to use Kroger delivery, is it close to the prices at walmart?

It's easy to compare prices on the respective websites.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    It's easy to compare prices on the respective websites.
    yeah, I just did that, thought I would ask though

Just to give an idea of the delivery area, saw a Kroger delivery truck today fairly far north at 192nd and May.

Visited the website, seems very straightforward and prices are very similar to what you would pay in an average grocery store like Homeland or Uptown Grocery. The low cost delivery fee makes it very competitive as Pete mentioned with current gas prices.

Because I had to physically touch the grocery bags contaminating them. If I wasn't sick, I could've just given the bags that weren't mine back to the delivery person. I
    covid doesn't transfer that way

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    There are documented cases of fomite transmission, but this mode is broadly considered low risk.

We had a Kroger delivery on Monday and it went really well! We ordered 50ish items and only 3 were out of stock. Produce looked really good, was definitely impressed with that. Prices seemed on-par with Crest.

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    Why would he risk exposing the delivery person? Wouldn't be very neighborly.

If this service is efficient and they offer good quality produce, this is a game-changer for Central Oklahoma.

As I posted before, they will eventually cover more than half the state out of their OKC warehouse. No more food deserts, great service for the elderly or others who can't easily get around. Very helpful for working moms and even people like me that simply hate grocery shopping. Fantastic for areas without easy access to fresh food, both rural and urban. If they expand to Tulsa, they'll be able to reach about 95% of the state's population.

For $6.95 per delivery or $59 annually (for orders over $35), that seems like an excellent deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    If this service is efficient and they offer good quality produce, this is a game-changer for Central Oklahoma.

As I posted before, they will eventually cover more than half the state out of their OKC warehouse. No more food deserts, great service for the elderly or others who can't easily get around. Very helpful for working moms and even people like me that simply hate grocery shopping. Fantastic for areas without easy access to fresh food, both rural and urban. If they expand to Tulsa, they'll be able to reach about 95% of the state's population.

For $6.95 per delivery or $59 annually (for orders over $35), that seems like an excellent deal.
    i am going to try it for produce at the end of the week ..

hopefully they upgrade their meat options ..

21. Default Re: Kroger

Had my first delivery last week and it worked great. Prices were competitive and service was excellent.

22. Default Re: Kroger

Got this earlier.

Good morning,

Please join us for our upcoming Ribbon Cutting Ceremony at our Dallas, Texas Customer Fulfillment Center (4221 Telephone Rd, Dallas, TX 75241) on Thursday, July 28, 2022, at 8:30 a.m. CDT.

Enjoy light refreshments and hear from Kroger leadership about our engineering model for the region, leveraging advanced robotics technology and creative solutions to redefine the customer experience in the Dallas metropolitan area.

Tours will be available following the ribbon cutting ceremony. To ensure everyone's safety while visiting our facility, please note, it is required to wear closed-toe shoes. We also recommend attendees to bring a long sleeve shirt or a jacket as parts of the facility can be 35 degrees.

Please click here to RSVP no later than Friday, July 22. We will also follow up with a calendar appointment invite.

Have a question? Reach out to the E-Commerce Corporate Affairs Team.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kroger.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	144.2 KB 
ID:	17544

They have appeared to aggressively expanded their delivery circle in the last week. I can tell you the local independents, the Marc Jones and Harroz's of the local grocery industry are way more nervous about this new inclusion into the market than they were over Winco or even what Walmart is typically up to. The saving grace is currently that people hopefully still want to choose their own meats and produce items and not trust a low paid worker to choose those items for them. I've been quietly trying to convince some local grocers they really need to be pursuing online options ASAP as the convenience can sometimes make up for the maybe slightly degraded perishable product. It doesn't help though that AWG locally hasn't officially partnered with any one company, instead leaving it to their owners to kind of go at it alone.

Speaking of delivery services...Amazon has paired up with Grubhub. If you have an Amazon Prime account you can get free delivery on Grubhub.

I was excited for this until I realized they do not deliver to the Paseo

Thread Information