Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Black Bear Diner

Mid-Del Black Bear Diner

I saw a sign outside of the old Primos saying Black Bear Diner coming soon. Their website says Winter of 2017. It looks like a chain sort of like Crakerbarrel. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner,

Default Re: Black Bear Diner

The menu looks good. I'll never forgive that tornado for taking away our Cracker Barrel.

I actually ate at one in Las Vegas last month. Just a diner like Pickles is, which personally is a good thing.

I don't see anywhere at local?

6. Mid-Del Black Bear Diner

Black Bear Diner

They have a location coming to Midwest City (Winter 2017).

I've seen a lot of people giving good reviews of their other locations and they serve breakfast all day.

http://www.okctalk.com/showthread.php?t=43555

Huh. I kinda thought it might have already opened, I happened to be in the area last week and they have the sign up. I'm really looking forward to it, their menu looks good, and Primo's suuuuuuuucked.

I've been to one of their locations in Phoenix, and it was DELICIOUS. I'm pretty excited.

We have been wanting to try this place, it was by our house in Portland and there's one in Colorado Springs, but we have yet to try it. Maybe our luck will be better in OKC.

I'm surprised that this west coast operation is taking a chance and setting up shop in MWC even before the new Katy, TX location.

11. Default Re: Black Bear Diner

I saw the sign the other day. I didn't realize it was a chain. To be honest, when i saw the name, the first thing i thought was "diner? well with that in the name, you might as well call it i'll be black bear i'll be closed in a year", assuming it was a local group. Although i was surprised that they are doing as much work on the building as they are if it was local....and of course now i know its not. They'll have to get the word out on the place though. I think a lot of people will think like i did and not bother.

Per Facebook posting Black Bear Diner opens today.

Quote Originally Posted by bombermwc View Post
    I saw the sign the other day. I didn't realize it was a chain. To be honest, when i saw the name, the first thing i thought was "diner? well with that in the name, you might as well call it i'll be black bear i'll be closed in a year", assuming it was a local group. Although i was surprised that they are doing as much work on the building as they are if it was local....and of course now i know its not. They'll have to get the word out on the place though. I think a lot of people will think like i did and not bother.
    Does the word "Diner" disqualify an eatery in MWC?

14. Default Re: Black Bear Diner

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    Does the word "Diner" disqualify an eatery in MWC?
    Dixie Diner has been doing pretty good there for a lot of years.... so maybe putting Black Bear in front of it has confused people.

Thanks.

Interesting fact (or not) they dropped the word 'Dixie' from the Midwest City location's name. It's just The All American Diner. The Nicoma Park location still has 'Dixie' in the title. I always found that quite odd and confusing. Anyway, I hope this Black Bear Diner does as well as the Cracker Barrel did in that area before it got blown away. Hope springs eternal.

The wife, mother-in-law, and I ate breakfast at the Black Bear this morning. The service was exceptional and the food was outstanding. The amount of food for the price is almost obscene. I ordered a fairly standard scrambler breakfast, there was enough food for about 3 people on my plate.

Just looked at their menu and they had something I really enjoy, Portugese Linguica with 2 eggs, potatoes, and biscuits. I first ate linguica at Shakey's Pizza back in the 60's and have always enjoyed it. Based on the menu, it looks like a good place to eat.
    C. T.

The wife, kid and I went there on Friday at 930 am. We got seated quickly but then no one came to take our order or get us drinks. All the while, 4 to 5 workers were just standing around at the hostess stand BSing and numerous servers walking by. We finally got the attention of a passing by server who told us she wasn't our server but would find ours (she could have asked for our drinks to help). A few minutes later she comes back saying our server was busy (the place was maybe half full). We got up to leave at that point and went to a different establishment and got our drinks within a minute of sitting down.

We likely won't be back to Black Bear.

What did the manager say when you brought this to his/her attention?

Quote Originally Posted by WitWhy View Post
    The wife, kid and I went there on Friday at 930 am. We got seated quickly but then no one came to take our order or get us drinks. All the while, 4 to 5 workers were just standing around at the hostess stand BSing and numerous servers walking by. We finally got the attention of a passing by server who told us she wasn't our server but would find ours (she could have asked for our drinks to help). A few minutes later she comes back saying our server was busy (the place was maybe half full). We got up to leave at that point and went to a different establishment and got our drinks within a minute of sitting down.

We likely won't be back to Black Bear.
    That is unfortunate...but you seem to be an extreme outlier. I have seen and heard a lot of reviews stating they enjoyed it thoroughly, and the service was more than adequate. When my family and I went, we had high expectations, and they were met. You should give them another chance, as it might have just been opening couple weeks issues.

22. Default Re: Black Bear Diner

Had to run to MWC this morning so stopped and gave it a try.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1869[1].JPG 
Views:	228 
Size:	2.84 MB 
ID:	14368

Couldn't really find anything to complain about and loved the huge portion of hashbrowns. I love some greasy, crispy, hashbrowns and my one complaint with most diners is they skimp on the hashbrowns for some reason. When potatoes are probably the least expensive item on the plate.

They serve the full menu all day so if you want breakfast for dinner or vice verse they will accommodate you.

Quote Originally Posted by OK BBQ Eater Anonymous View Post
    Had to run to MWC this morning so stopped and gave it a try.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1869[1].JPG 
Views:	228 
Size:	2.84 MB 
ID:	14368

Couldn't really find anything to complain about and loved the huge portion of hashbrowns. I love some greasy, crispy, hashbrowns and my one complaint with most diners is they skimp on the hashbrowns for some reason. When potatoes are probably the least expensive item on the plate.

They serve the full menu all day so if you want breakfast for dinner or vice verse they will accommodate you.
    If you ever go back again you gotta try the spicy house made patty sausage.

24. Default Re: Black Bear Diner

Quote Originally Posted by Stew View Post
    If you ever go back again you gotta try the spicy house made patty sausage.
    I don't get over that way for breakfast often but I'll take that into consideration..... I'd also like to try the linguica and the corned beef hash. So it will be a toss up between those 3.

They are taking the former Mimi's space at 3015 W. Memorial.

Breakfast continues to be on fire in N. OKC.

Thread Information