Widgets Magazine

Thread: Garage Condos of Oklahoma

Default Garage Condos of Oklahoma

Has anyone here looked into these? There is a website, but no pricing information. When I looked at Google Maps, the satellite image looked like an undeveloped lot. Looks like a really neat concept.

Default Re: Garage Condos of Oklahoma

Quote Originally Posted by DKG View Post
    Has anyone here looked into these? There is a website, but no pricing information. When I looked at Google Maps, the satellite image looked like an undeveloped lot. Looks like a really neat concept.
    The one in Edmond? If so, it is under construction I believe. I saw dirt moving last time I drove down 33rd.

I feel like I've seen this in the 405 magazine. Seemed cool for people who maybe live on condo's or apartments but still wanted a nice garage and work area.

Also, if you live in a neighborhood like mine that has bylaws banning boats and RVs, this might be a good storage option, depending on the price.

Yes, in Edmond just west of Broadway on the north side of 33rd. I drove by there at lunch, and there are several large structures well underway. Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to snap any pictures. I have a house with a garage, but not enough space to really work on anything. These could be great if they turn out as envisioned on the website and the price is reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by DKG View Post
    Yes, in Edmond just west of Broadway on the north side of 33rd. I drove by there at lunch, and there are several large structures well underway. Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to snap any pictures. I have a house with a garage, but not enough space to really work on anything. These could be great if they turn out as envisioned on the website and the price is reasonable.
    I've got a feeling they aren't going to be cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuplar View Post
    I've got a feeling they aren't going to be cheap.
    Yeah, based on this article, they do look expensive. http://newsok.com/article/5523644

And this doesn't even cover ongoing costs (utilities, fees, maintenance, etc). I think a climate controlled storage rental would be a better deal than owning a "condo".

I think they proposed something similar to this in the Wilshire Point development as well (I think).

They do look pricey. It looks like there are concepts like this going up all over the place. I guess if you're looking for a place to hangout and have a work space, these might fit the bill. Like a country club where you gather with your gearhead buddies. Hopefully they'll have some type of open house or other public gathering event for those of us that can't afford to be part of it.

Thread Information