Widgets Magazine

Thread: Piedmont Internet/TV service

Far North Piedmont Internet/TV service

We just built a house in Piedmont and are looking for internet and TV service. I have learned that Cox, Comcast, ATT does not have service in Piedmont. For TV there is either DiectTV or dish (satellite)....for internet there is either satellite, such as HugesNet, or line of site companies? Does anybody have recommendations for internet service in Piedmont? I am really confused on what is the best option is out here. TV service is easy, may not be what I would like, but I can make a decision on that, internet is what I am having trouble with. Piedmont is another growing area and it is hard to believe that service of any kind is so had to get. THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Piedmont Internet/TV service

Try @link (Atlink). They do great aerial internet service in that area. Everyone wants to Bi&&h about aerial internet service, but they have a quality product, and they are great in that area.

First-hand experience with Atlink and others has been posted recently, it probably still applies. Might go ahead and check Cox and AT&T, as they do indeed have service to some (but not all) of Piedmont.

Blog Entries

It will probably take a group of neighbors banding together and offering to pay a portion of the initial infrastructure cost in order for Cox to get into that area, if even then. Is there a very wealthy person in Piedmont that wants to be a champion?

When we built in Edmond we used AtLink and were happy with them because that's all we could get. My wife hated the super tall antenna tower that had to go on the roof of our house. We paid something like $60/month for the 3-5MBPS range. THAT is what I couldn't stand. Now, it was always reliable, I don't ever remember it going out, and the customer service was always great. I had friends in the city who had Cox and were paying $40 for three or four times that. Anyway, when Cox finally came out to our neighborhood everyone in the neighborhood dropped it and signed on with Cox. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    It will probably take a group of neighbors banding together and offering to pay a portion of the initial infrastructure cost in order for Cox to get into that area, if even then. Is there a very wealthy person in Piedmont that wants to be a champion?
    When we lived out by Arcadia, a similar scenaerio took place in our addition. Cox spoke to our neighbor by the entrance and said the if he by himself, or all of us combined would pay to have Cox brought down the road and into our addition, then it would be no problem. The general consensus was that "if you think we're going to pay for bringing cox service into the addition, plus have the privilege of paying a monthly fee for it, then they knew where they could stick it.

Thread Information