Widgets Magazine
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: McClintock Saloon and Chop House

1. Default Re: McClintock Saloon and Chop House

Quote Originally Posted by sooner88 View Post
    Just saw it... my chicken looked nothing like that.
    Nor did mine when I went at dinner time.

Default Re: McClintock Saloon and Chop House

Don't get me wrong, I love fried chicken, but if I'm going to "Stockyards", show me the beef !!!

3. Default Re: McClintock Saloon and Chop House

Quote Originally Posted by rcjunkie View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I love fried chicken, but if I'm going to "Stockyards", show me the beef !!!
    I can find good steak all around OKC. Do you know how difficult it is to find good bone-in fried chicken?

4. Default Re: McClintock Saloon and Chop House

^^^^^^
    Truth.

Went again. Audio system is still horrible. Food was good.

6. Default Re: McClintock Saloon and Chop House

Finally got around to trying this place last night.

I was in a party with five others and we all enjoyed our food and the atmosphere a lot. The place wasn't very busy, especially for a Friday night. Wouldn't call it dead, but there was plenty of seating. Makes me wonder how long this place can hang on.

We had a variety of menu items - filets, ribeyes, pork chop, crab cakes, pork belly - the dauphinois potatoes were a standout favorite for everyone. I liked all of the food I tried (all close friends with lots of sharing.). The pork chop was massive and cooked perfectly. Personally, my ribeye was as good as I've had anywhere. It was cooked perfectly and wasn't overloaded with seasoning. I did get the peppercorn brandy cream sauce on the side. It's really good stuff, but only use it sparingly as it's really rich and can completely overwhelm the steak's flavor.

Service was friendly and attentive without being too overbearing. Bar service was a bit slow, especially considering how quiet things were, but the drinks were very good. Atmosphere was pretty quiet, with music playing softly in the background. I noticed no issues with the sound system as others have mentioned, but perhaps that's why it was turned down low. Either way, it was perfect for conversation around the table. That beautiful bar woodwork is top notch. They spared no effort (and I'm sure expense) there.

We finished up the evening with some after-dinner drinks on the patio. It was a delightful evening all around. I hope this place gets more business as it'd be a shame to see this one go away.

McClintock is our go-to restaurant when we don't want to spend half an hour deciding where to go. We have taken quite a few people there to much acclaim. I have noticed that the restaurant appears to be dead when there are in fact plenty of guests in east wing of the property. It's my opinion that they need to put some booth seating at the entrance so that the place feels more filled out.

With Rodeo Cinema down there, you can really make a night of it down there with 2 completely unique experiences.

What is the expected dress code here? Gonna be honest, I've avoided this place because of the old western country persona it has. I don't feel like it would be a very comfortable environment for me.

Is it more relaxed like Cattlemans, kind of classy like the Ranch, or would I need to wear a 10 gallon hat and cowboy boots?

I've only been in for lunch, but I went in with a polo and jeans.

They recently installed a badass sign:

12. Default Re: McClintock Saloon and Chop House

Quote Originally Posted by jccouger View Post
    What is the expected dress code here? Gonna be honest, I've avoided this place because of the old western country persona it has. I don't feel like it would be a very comfortable environment for me.

Is it more relaxed like Cattlemans, kind of classy like the Ranch, or would I need to wear a 10 gallon hat and cowboy boots?
    It's relaxed but you will see plenty of people in jeans, boots, and long sleeve shirts, ball caps, and a few cowboy hats.

It seems to be pretty popular with the horse show crowd and the ranchers that are in Stock Yards doing business.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger S View Post
    It's relaxed but you will see plenty of people in jeans, boots, and long sleeve shirts, ball caps, and a few cowboy hats.

It seems to be pretty popular with the horse show crowd and the ranchers that are in Stock Yards doing business.
    Casual dress. even nice shorts would work

14. Default Re: McClintock Saloon and Chop House

proof they must be doing well then. ....

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    They recently installed a badass sign:

Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

15. Default Re: McClintock Saloon and Chop House

also, that is a nice pic showing the density of the district. Are there any bars and dance/theme clubs? Is it time for some residential ala Edge or Legacy to bring in captive residents? And what about bus route(s) and tourist shuttles to link the district to downtown?

Too bad the National Western Heritage Museum isn't in Stockyard's City, that'd really make it a destination -already- and give some upscale class if you will to placemaking.
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Thread Information