Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: HunnyBunny Biscuit Company

1. Uptown/23rd HunnyBunny Biscuit Company

HunnyBunny Biscuit Company located in the Tower Theatre building coming fall 2017. It looks like they will feature scratch-made biscuit sandwiches from Chef Chris McKenna. They will offer breakfast and lunch as well as full-service coffee, bloody marys and mimosas. The latest concept from Urban Management Inc – Packard’s and Interurban.

https://hunnybunnybiscuitco.com/

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DEnfUwQWAAApuR2.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	62.8 KB 
ID:	13976

2. Default Re: HunnyBunny Biscuit Company

Uh oh. I have a weakness for good biscuits.

Blog Entries

Default Re: HunnyBunny Biscuit Company

I have a weakness for mimosas, lol.

​This looks a lot like the Denver Biscuit Company in.....Denver. If it's anything similar to that, it's going to be ridiculously good.

5. Default Re: HunnyBunny Biscuit Company

Ummmm.... I'm pretty speechless right now... So just go drool at the pictures like I did.

https://www.facebook.com/HunnyBunnyB...type=3&theater

Quote Originally Posted by John Knight View Post
    HunnyBunny Biscuit Company located in the Tower Theatre building coming fall 2017. It looks like they will feature scratch-made biscuit sandwiches from Chef Chris McKenna. They will offer breakfast and lunch as well as full-service coffee, bloody marys and mimosas. The latest concept from Urban Management Inc – Packard’s and Interurban.

https://hunnybunnybiscuitco.com/

Name:	DEnfUwQWAAApuR2.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	62.8 KB 
ID:	13976
    LOL at all of the breakfast and lunch places pushing the booze. I used to put away my fair share of alcohol myself but even I rarely indulged at brunch. Isn't a liquor license incredibly expensive to acquire? It just seems there is a limited market of people knocking back bloody mary's at lunch. The days of the three martini lunch are now long gone.

7. Default Re: HunnyBunny Biscuit Company

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    LOL at all of the breakfast and lunch places pushing the booze. I used to put away my fair share of alcohol myself but even I rarely indulged at brunch. Isn't a liquor license incredibly expensive to acquire? It just seems there is a limited market of people knocking back bloody mary's at lunch. The days of the three martini lunch are now long gone.
    Do people drink bloody Marys or mimosas after noon? I could see breakfast/lunch drinks not being popular during the work week, but for weekend brunch I love the option.

Liquor licenses aren't expensive.

The main consumption of alcohol at these places is at weekend brunch and believe me, bloody mary's and mimosas can really flow.

Rarely indulging in boozing at brunch? That's a far cry from the typical brunch today. Bottomless brunch is the new Thursday night!

If I am going to brunch that means Boozy Brunch!. otherwise its just lunch or breakfast IMO!

Have you spent any weekend mornings or afternoons with people between 21 and 40?

I'm over 40 and brunch at the Pump with mimosas is still a favorite pass time.

Quote Originally Posted by jerrywall View Post
    I'm over 40 and brunch at the Pump with mimosas is still a favorite pass time.
    40 definitely wasn’t a hard cap on having alcohol during weekend brunch, just figured that was the largest demographic

They're about $1500 for an ABLE license plus $900 for a city liquor license, so really not that expensive (different story if you're up northeast). And also, boozing at Brunch is definitely pretty popular. I know plenty of people (girls mostly) who do Brunch and have mimosas and bloody marys over a few hour period. I would also say that it's only increased in popularity in OKC over the last few years with all of these new places popping up.

15. Default Re: HunnyBunny Biscuit Company

its a $1,500 license from the state, and around 1,000 from the city per year. The city charges a 1 time “compliance” $1,500 fee to certify that a space is up to municipal code when issuing the first license that includes building, fire, police, and and health inspections. Plus the county beverage permit which just went up to $320 this year and a state Dept. of health license that’s a couple hundred. It’s about $5,000 to start and about 3,500/yr after.

Quote Originally Posted by IanMcDermid View Post
    its a $1,500 license from the state, and around 1,000 from the city per year. The city charges a 1 time “compliance” $1,500 fee to certify that a space is up to municipal code when issuing the first license that includes building, fire, police, and and health inspections. Plus the county beverage permit which just went up to $320 this year and a state Dept. of health license that’s a couple hundred. It’s about $5,000 to start and about 3,500/yr after.
    I doubt they would be getting a county beverage permit though which is for 3.2 beer. Unless they anticipate a lot of people drinking Bud Light for Brunch.

17. Default Re: HunnyBunny Biscuit Company

Looks like they are getting closer. Photo courtesy of Uptown 23rd.

Name:	HBBC.jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	259.2 KB 
ID:	14338

From their Facebook page:

Getting very close.

Social media says they will be open by the end of the month.

Hoping their name is an indication of this, but if they make a fancy version of Whataburger's Honey Butter Chicken Biscuit, my life will be enriched in ways I didn't think possible

21. Default Re: HunnyBunny Biscuit Company

Quote Originally Posted by TheirTheir View Post
    Hoping their name is an indication of this, but if they make a fancy version of Whataburger's Honey Butter Chicken Biscuit, my life will be enriched in ways I didn't think possible
    Have not seen them post anything like that biscuit but if you go look at the pics I linked to on post #5 of this thread.... You'll probably forget all about any biscuits that Whataburger makes.

Have you guys tried the Buttermilk Sliders food truck? I have yet to myself.

They are moving fast in the Paseo; could be open in 1 to 2 months.

Will be biscuit wars!

23. Default Re: HunnyBunny Biscuit Company

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Have you guys tried the Buttermilk Sliders food truck? I have yet to myself.

They are moving fast in the Paseo; could be open in 1 to 2 months.

Will be biscuit wars!
    Never caught up with the truck but looking forward to trying it once it's open..... The biscuit sandwich is one of my favorite food groups!

Quote Originally Posted by OK BBQ Eater Anonymous View Post
    Have not seen them post anything like that biscuit but if you go look at the pics I linked to on post #5 of this thread.... You'll probably forget all about any biscuits that Whataburger makes.
    Don't knock Whataburgers honey butter chicken biscuits....

25. Default Re: HunnyBunny Biscuit Company

Quote Originally Posted by jccouger View Post
    Don't knock Whataburgers honey butter chicken biscuits....
    I've eaten my fair share of them but have you looked at the pictures I mentioned?

Thread Information