Widgets Magazine
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: HunnyBunny Biscuit Company

Blog Entries

Default Re: HunnyBunny Biscuit Company

Quote Originally Posted by Paseofreak View Post
    I agree with both of you, and that would go a long way toward orderly service, but still, even with a little signage in place, the way some folks act is disheartening. To sit there for twenty minutes, the only one standing guard over three tables while watching a family of four (small children) that has followed procedures and ordered first all holding their drinks and numerous others in similar situations while gloating over outsmarting them? Where is the human decency? Too much me first. It makes me sad.
    When you make rules based on exceptions, it is bad business. To make a policy because someone MIGHT abuse it is not wise. We can all point to extreme behavior. My experience was that there were many available tables and only a couple in line and they confronted my wife about sitting while I was ordering. A little common sense and good customer service creates loyalty. Ignoring it chases potentially loyal customers to become loyal elsewhere.

2. Default Re: HunnyBunny Biscuit Company

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    When you make rules based on exceptions, it is bad business. To make a policy because someone MIGHT abuse it is not wise. We can all point to extreme behavior. My experience was that there were many available tables and only a couple in line and they confronted my wife about sitting while I was ordering. A little common sense and good customer service creates loyalty. Ignoring it chases potentially loyal customers to become loyal elsewhere.
    I also think you can design for good behavior. I have never NOT stood in line at Fuzzy's, for instance, with lines often out the door. And yet I have also never waited on a table after making it through the line, and certainly not with food in my hand. So I would never once think about swooping in and claiming a table (not that I would anyway; I get pretty caught up on the whole fairness/good behavior bit).

I see too many places these days opening with poorly-designed counter service that needlessly puts customers into a competitive mood or causes ordering difficulties. I'm a big fan of intuitive design. Just design for human nature and everything else takes care of itself.

HunnyBunny could definitely be better designed from a customer flow perspective. I've visited about four or five times so far, but outside of one single visit right at noon on a Sunday all of them have been carefully timed to be after the rush just to avoid playing musical tables with other customers.

Blog Entries

I honestly believe this order, receive food, and then find a table is a fad and in 5 years will pass. I may be wrong, but it seems like a solution in search of a problem. It is cool to be different...until it isn't. It happened in Austin, so it is a must cool thing to do.

I honestly believe this order, receive food, and then find a table is a fad and in 5 years will pass. I may be wrong, but it seems like a solution in search of a problem. It is cool to be different...until it isn't. It happened in Austin, so it is a must cool thing to do.
    didn't think it would work when Big Truck Taco started doing it, but seems to work ok there. . .

Yeah, that's not a fad or a new idea. Pei-Wei and other fast casual restaurants have been doing this for at least 15 years.

It’s not a fad, it’s supplanting fast food/drive thru. People still want fast in and out eating buts it’s perceived as healthier than fast food.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gopokes88 View Post
    It’s not a fad, it’s supplanting fast food/drive thru. People still want fast in and out eating buts it’s perceived as healthier than fast food.
    Wait... you are saying fast food and drive thru's are going away and being replaced by taco and biscuit places because they are healthier? Who knew.

Blog Entries

Pei Wei doesn't make you wait til you get your order to sit. And, it doesn't stop one of your party from sitting if you are ordering for them. Just because you order at the register it isn't the same. Lots of places have had order at the counter for a long time.

Wait... you are saying fast food and drive thru's are going away and being replaced by taco and biscuit places because they are healthier? Who knew.
    Yeah here’s two sources. And learn to read. I said perceived.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.was...7ee_story.html

https://www.google.com/amp/mobile.re.../idUSKCN0YN5QT

“In recent years, there has been large growth in the fast-casual (e.g., Panera, Chipotle) restaurant sector, and there is a general perception among consumers that these restaurants are a healthier and fresher alternative to fast food,” lead author Danielle Schoffman said.

Blog Entries

So, actually the fastest growing food trends with millenials is "grab and go" and snack. Grab and go stores and ready to eat snacks are the top dining choice for Generation Z making up 20.9% of Gen Z-ers meals. They don't want to stand in line either. And they don't want to go out to eat. They are trending to taking food out and eating elsewhere.

Generation Z are not millennials. They are what came after millennials.

Blog Entries

I should have copied and pasted the entire survey so we don't have this point by point debate about whether trends are ruled by 18 year olds or 25 year olds or 35 year olds.

Back to Hunny Bunny Biscuit Company news.......

Funny thing is that HunnyBunny does not operate this way. Order, get a number, sit, and get food delivered to the table is their model.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    Funny thing is that HunnyBunny does not operate this way. Order, get a number, sit, and get food delivered to the table is their model.
    Then they need to train better, because the young lady who confronted my wife told me SPECIFICALLY that we could take a seat after ordering and receiving our food. If she misspoke, then she needs to be corrected.

Then they need to train better, because the young lady who confronted my wife told me SPECIFICALLY that we could take a seat after ordering and receiving our food. If she misspoke, then she needs to be corrected.
    They were perfectly trained when I went there, they have holders on the table for the number they give out at the register (which they wouldn't have unless that was their standard procedure), the first runner with our food asked if we still had coffees or anything coming, and we did so they left the number on the table, and we got our honey lattes shortly afterwards. They might've changed the way they do things between when you went and last Sat, but our experience sure seemed like that was the way they were used to doing it, they were very comfortable with the procedure.

Checked this out over the weekend. Staff was very friendly. There was no confusion about the order/sit process. 1 - Order @ counter; 2 - sit with number @ table; 3 - enjoy food.

It was delicious, a little pricey - but the portion amount justified it. Only had water, but will be back for the alcohol options soon.

They are getting close at the old Interurban spot on Memorial west of MacArthur.

They took what was a large enclosed bar area and converted it to an open patio.

19. Default Re: HunnyBunny Biscuit Company

Quote Originally Posted by gopokes88 View Post
    Yeah here’s two sources. And learn to read. I said perceived.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.was...7ee_story.html

https://www.google.com/amp/mobile.re.../idUSKCN0YN5QT

“In recent years, there has been large growth in the fast-casual (e.g., Panera, Chipotle) restaurant sector, and there is a general perception among consumers that these restaurants are a healthier and fresher alternative to fast food,” lead author Danielle Schoffman said.
    The word you used was "supplant" which by definition means supercede or replace. He read your post accurately. What you all are discussing is just another method of serving food. In "da good old days" we called them cafeteria's.

My Hunny Bunny experience prior to Covid was that it was outrageously good though my wife and l found the coffee thing awkward. It would just be something to get used to. No biggie.

Quote Originally Posted by mugofbeer View Post
    The word you used was "supplant" which by definition means supercede or replace. He read your post accurately. What you all are discussing is just another method of serving food. In "da good old days" we called them cafeteria's.

My Hunny Bunny experience prior to Covid was that it was outrageously good though my wife and l found the coffee thing awkward. It would just be something to get used to. No biggie.
    I think you are responding to an almost 3 year old thread. Since I loved this Interurban location and know zero about the Hunny Bunny stuff, can people enlighten me about how it works today?

21. Default Re: HunnyBunny Biscuit Company

Quote Originally Posted by Dob Hooligan View Post
    I think you are responding to an almost 3 year old thread. Since I loved this Interurban location and know zero about the Hunny Bunny stuff, can people enlighten me about how it works today?
    LOL, so l am. NFL Football was so dull today it was putting me out.

I ate there at breakfast and it had a great variety of delicious breakfast entrees on fresh made biscuits. I think they also have lunch, at least.

Another going by Uptown Grocery Edmond

Quote Originally Posted by mgharfeh View Post
    Another going by Uptown Grocery Edmond
    New construction or taking existing space?

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    New construction or taking existing space?
    New Construction, south of The Garage.

They are open in their new spot on Memorial; hours are 7-2 every day:

Thread Information