Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Poe Bouyz House

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Default Poe Bouyz House

I know a few people have wondered about that odd looking building that's been an ongoing process on I-35. Uncovering Oklahoma just posted a sneak peek video of what's going on there.

http://www.uncoveringoklahoma.com/20...eak-peek-tour/

Default Re: Poe Bouyz House

A true OKC gem.

Very excited for this to open. Can never have too many unique experiences in the city.

Wow. That is one ugly building... which I think is part of what they're going for. I always like anything outside the box and this project is way outside the box. I hope it succeeds.

Where exactly is this?

^ Southeast corner of NE 36th & I-35. Maybe 1/4mile south of the intersection.

I've always wondered what this was going to be!

Kudos to him for trying to do it debt free and chasing his dream. However, this seems like a horrible location. It's off by itself and close to nothing.

I've been watching this place get built for 4 years now. It looks like they've been getting deliveries of equipment or something this week.

There is always a truck there. I dunno if the owner is just a perfectionist or what, but it has taken forever.

The last couple of days there has definitely been an uptick in action though, they had the fountains running today. Hopefully will open up sometime this year!

Quote Originally Posted by jccouger View Post
    There is always a truck there. I dunno if the owner is just a perfectionist or what, but it has taken forever.

The last couple of days there has definitely been an uptick in action though, they had the fountains running today. Hopefully will open up sometime this year!
    I really don't think he is a perfectionist. I think he is doing a lot of the work himself and there are some things that look wrong from the highway.

11. Default Re: Poe Bouyz House

Quote Originally Posted by Zorba View Post
    I really don't think he is a perfectionist. I think he is doing a lot of the work himself and there are some things that look wrong from the highway.
    Agreed. I think he must do it himself when he has time, some of the work is over his head and funds must be an issue. Some things look like they are starting to deteriorate because the buildout is taking so long. Makes me wonder if the "look" is more of a necessity due to the obstacles listed above. That said, if the food is good..... I'm all in!

Blog Entries

Never could figure out what this was on the East side of I-35/N.E. 36th Street; can't wait to taste his IMO 5-star catfish. Once this place is discovered, it will be a staple among eateries in OKC.

Man, he can prepare catfish & seafood anyway it can be cooked & consumed.

Wow. That looks delicious. I will be checking them out soon.

It is incredible to me that the construction on this place is still going. If it actually succeeds, it will be one hell of a story.

if he actually gets it up and running he should start working on the place next to Chili's in Norman. lol

16. Default Re: Poe Bouyz House

Saw a "Now Hiring" sign posted on the building when I passed by on I-35 today. Must be getting close.

In a build-up only rivaled by the apartment complex near NW 36th & Penn, Poe Bouyz actually opened today:

I’ll probably stop by there and order some alligator.

Anyone know their number? I haven’t had luck finding their website or number...

Suddenly, we have a bunch of cajun/creole options: this place, Cajun Corner (with a swanky new location under construction in Uptown), Magnolia Cafe in Auto Alley and Razzoo's at Chisholm Creek which will be opening soon.

21. Default Re: Poe Bouyz House

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Suddenly, we have a bunch of cajun/creole options: this place, Cajun Corner (with a swanky new location under construction in Uptown), Magnolia Cafe in Auto Alley and Razzoo's at Chisholm Creek which will be opening soon.
    Less one.... It appears the Cajun King that went in the Pancho's at I-240 and Penn has closed already but they kind of shot themselves in the foot there with a horrible start.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger S View Post
    Less one.... It appears the Cajun King that went in the Pancho's at I-240 and Penn has closed already but they kind of shot themselves in the foot there with a horrible start.
    no surprise there... horrible is an understatement.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I'll throw in C'est Si Bon Catfish & Po'Boys. We go to the Edmond location and it is excellent.

24. Default Re: Poe Bouyz House

Quote Originally Posted by corwin1968 View Post
    I'll throw in C'est Si Bon Catfish & Po'Boys. We go to the Edmond location and it is excellent.
    Just an FYI if you don't already know... C'est Si Bon has the same owner as Poe Bouyz House.... So if you enjoy one you'll probably enjoy the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger S View Post
    Just an FYI if you don't already know... C'est Si Bon has the same owner as Poe Bouyz House.... So if you enjoy one you'll probably enjoy the other.
    I didn't know that. I'm sure it will be excellent, then.

Thread Information