Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Industry Gastro Lounge

1. Far North Industry Gastro Lounge

Noticed this sign this week- behind the S&B on North May/adjacentish to Quail Springs Mall. The only information I've been able to find online is on the construction company's website, basically that this is a project they are working on. Anyone have the inside scoop? Looks like it could be a cool place.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170630_162212696_HDR.jpg 
Views:	330 
Size:	2.93 MB 
ID:	13958

Default Re: Industry Gastro Lounge

I sent Pete the plans a while back but I think he was looking into it more

Yeah, have not been able to reach the people about this.

Is this in that weird square by Panda Express? Where is this? Never mind I just noticed where he said behind SBs

Frosted mug owner is building this.

Industry Gastro Lounge to open in NW OKC

By: Molly M. Fleming The Journal Record September 28, 2017

OKLAHOMA CITY – A new locally owned restaurant is planned for the city’s northwest sector.

Industry Gastro Lounge is being constructed at NW 140th Street and N. May Avenue. Owner and operator Bobby Kahkesh said the slab will be poured in October and he expects the restaurant to open this spring.

The 8,000-square-foot building was designed by RBA Architects Associate Principal Troy Downing. Kahkesh said it’s about a $3 million project.

With shopping centers and Quail Springs Mall nearby, Downing said his design emphasizes the restaurant’s name, focusing on an industrial aesthetic. The building’s sloped and juxtaposing roofs, with bright signage, should help it pop out from the surrounding area, he said.

“There will be a lot of neat surprises inside,” he said. “I think it will be something a little different.”

Kahkesh said he’s been thinking about opening Industry Gastro Lounge for about five years. He has a background in commercial real estate and got into the restaurant business when places became vacant in his shopping centers.

He owns and operates the Frosted Mug Grill and Big Bar on S. Meridian Avenue, another area with hotel traffic.

Industry Gastro Lounge will be open until 2 a.m. to cater to hotel visitors in the northwest corridor. He said there used to be a couple of restaurants that offered that atmosphere, but they’ve closed.

The restaurant will have a 1,400-square-foot patio with two outdoor fire pits, and two 50-seat bars inside, which he’s calling the largest in the city. He was approved for alcohol zoning during Thursday’s Oklahoma City Planning Commission meeting. He plans to serve wine, beer, and cocktails.

The bars will offer views of several television screens. In the last couple of years, Oklahoma City’s high-end bars have struggled with the decision to add a television. It can change the atmosphere, but not having a TV can send people to other places to watch an athletic event.

Kahkesh said he’s visited several venues nationwide and having TVs seemed integral. While Industry Gastro Lounge will be an upscale eatery, he said he doesn’t think TVs will affect the Las-Vegas style ambience he’s trying to achieve.

“We absolutely believe that the TV will be part of the success,” he said. “It’s not the quantity of TVs, but the quality and the size. You’ll get the feel that you’re not overcrowded by the TVs, but be able to enjoy them as well.”

The menu will feature items made from scratch and hand-cut steaks. Lunch will be about $10 per person and dinner will be about $15, Kahkesh said.

Building a restaurant from the ground-up, and then opening it, is a challenge for Kahkesh. There’s no large group behind it, and as he said, he’s taking on the big boys on N. May Avenue, where national chain restaurants populate the Memorial Road corridor.

He said since it’s just him, he can make changes to help fit the market and help the restaurant have a strong performance.

“The confidence is in having a strong team and knowing your capabilities and your limitations,” he said. “Sometimes you have to be a little stupid to get anywhere.”

Slow progress being made there, it seems to be taking a while to build.

From their FB page (looking north out of the space):

Awe, it’s like a fancy little pump bar. Now the Edmondites never have to go south of memorial beyond their commutes.

14. Default Re: Industry Gastro Lounge

as usual, Haters Gonna Hate

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Uptowner View Post
    Awe, it’s like a fancy little pump bar. Now the Edmondites never have to go south of memorial beyond their commutes.
    Feel better now?

I am really looking forward to looking at the menu for this place.

Some of us moved out of the core, like myself. Going from no garage in the Edgemere Park area to a 3 car garage right off the turnpike is great. There is a longer commute involved however living in a newer house brings me far more enjoyment than an older house.. I like having a big open floor plan and a large master bedroom and large master bath. These are things you will NOT get with houses in the core unless someone has gutted the house and redone the floor plan. A house that has been gutted/redone will cost a fortune and may still have structural problems in the core. I looked at a lot of them and didn't find one I liked so I moved far north.

Hey ya’ll. It’s just an observation of the massive expansion on east memorial. Folks from Edmond used to have to travel for food, drinks, entertainment, even golf. Industrius developers from Texas and other regions have capitalized on the demographic. My comment was deeply cynical.

Drove by the other day, and the building looks great. Nice patio section, too. I'll have to give it a try when it gets cooler, assuming they're open by then.

Quote Originally Posted by barrettd View Post
    Drove by the other day, and the building looks great. Nice patio section, too. I'll have to give it a try when it gets cooler, assuming they're open by then.
    Their Facebook page says August 2018. Buuuuut we all know how that goes with restaurants....

Meh. To hell with these places. If I’m going out it’s 23rd, plaza, midtown, I’ll pay the extra Uber fare.
    Although the patriarch and slims in Edmond are good spots.

Edmond has great schools and all the chain restaurants your heart could desire. Unfortunately schools are the priority in life right now

Blog Entries

I can’t believe people want good schools for their kids. It’s preposterous..

Looks like a nice build out but I suspect it will be the same crowd that frequents the Memorial bars, so I doubt I will spend too much time there, if any. Not to hate on those folks, but that last few times I have been up there I witnessed a fist fight or a loud verbal confrontation break out and that's just not how I want to spend my Saturday night.

Quote Originally Posted by TheirTheir View Post
    Looks like a nice build out but I suspect it will be the same crowd that frequents the Memorial bars, so I doubt I will spend too much time there, if any. Not to hate on those folks, but that last few times I have been up there I witnessed a fist fight or a loud verbal confrontation break out and that's just not how I want to spend my Saturday night.
    You wanna fight bro?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheirTheir View Post
    Yea, that would NEVER happen in Bricktown.

I don't know why people who hang out at places serving massive amounts of liquor are surprised that fights break out after midnight. LOL..

I lived in the area for 20 years and never witnessed a yelling match or fist-fight in any restaurant or establishment along Memorial. It's funny how some always happen to be where the trouble is.

Thread Information