The Super Scoop
    Super People. Super Ice Cream
    419 S. Littler Ave. | Edmond | 73034
    (405) 285-5899
    Hours Vary

https://www.thesuperscoop.com

https://www.facebook.com/TheSuperScoopOK/

https://twitter.com/thesuperscoop

From their website: "Hello Edmond, Oklahoma City, and beyond! At The Super Scoop, our vision is to create a workplace that is inclusive to people of all abilities. We hope that by employing Scoopers who have special needs, we will create an environment in our store that fosters teamwork and innovation while serving super ice cream that's made in house. We are now open!"

NewsOK: Edmond ice cream shop aims to satisfy public's sweet tooth with help of special needs employees.

From KFOR: Oklahoma ice cream shop gives employees with special needs a sweet start.

2. Default Re: The Super Scoop Ice Cream Parlor in Edmond

Went there today with the wife for a cool treat in this 90+ degree day.

Heard about the place from all the recent publicity and wanted to give it a try.

Really like the building (have always liked the older smaller houses in that part of Edmond - my great grandmother lived just a couple of blocks from this location and I'd walk to Clegern elementary back in the day) and the remodel is done nicely.

We were greeted at the door by a very friendly employee who welcomed us to The Super Scoop.

The patio had about 5 patrons enjoying ice cream and the inside probably had a dozen more. It's a tiny ice cream parlor, but bustling with sound and people laughing.

The wife and I order the same: Scoop each of s'mores and banana wafer in a cup.

Total came to $10.82.

There wasn't anywhere for us to sit, so we took our ice cream across the street to the park and walked around (and I bored my wife with stories about how I'd play on the rocket and burn my legs on the metal slide that extends from it).

The ice cream itself was actually really good and apparently they make it themselves. Good enough that I'd definitely come back for it. Obviously we also really liked their openness about hiring those of all abilities and not shying away from employees with special needs.

The only down sides that I noticed was that either their AC wasn't working today or it's not capable of cooling the structure on hot days. Regardless, it was noticeably hot inside and that's not the atmosphere you want for an ice cream parlor. The only other thing was that only three of their flavors had identifying tags and two were in the wrong location. That left lots of flavors you either had to guess or ask. An easy enough fix, but a fix that should really be addressed.

Regardless, it's a good choice if you're looking for ice cream and you want to support a positive business model.

Default Re: The Super Scoop Ice Cream Parlor in Edmond

I second everything. It's right across the street from my work. We went there as a group last week and loved it. I had the Dr Pepper Chocolate Chip. Loved the color changing spoons!

4. Default Re: The Super Scoop Ice Cream Parlor in Edmond

Quote Originally Posted by jerrywall View Post
    I second everything. It's right across the street from my work. We went there as a group last week and loved it. I had the Dr Pepper Chocolate Chip. Loved the color changing spoons!
    Totally forgot about the spoons. Completely freaked my wife out at first. It was a fun touch. Also forgot to mention, I guess they don't offer cones - cups only.

May have to go back today to try the Dr. Pepper Chocolate Chip.

Default Re: The Super Scoop Ice Cream Parlor in Edmond

Didn't want to start new thread. Site search returned zero hits for Hank's in Midtown, which surprised me. Anyway...
    Walked to Super Scoop Ice Cream on Litler post UCO JazzFest. Coffee Bean ice cream was delicious, but we noticed they were out of most flavors. Guy behind counter said it was because they were merging with Hanks Coffee and then changing the name to "All about Joe" and then planning to be in both the Hank's Midtown location and the Edmond Scoop location next to Nashbird.
    We thought the rebranding idea sounded odd but either way, their ice cream is good.

Thread Information