Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Barseo (formerly Daiquiri Lounge)

Paseo Barseo (formerly Daiquiri Lounge)

This is the new spot on the SE corner of 30th & Walker, which was partitioned off from the existing convenience store.

I stopped to check on progress and met the owner Emilio who was there doing a bunch of the work himself. Little hard to tell but there is a bunch of really mice Mexican tile throughout.

It will be Mexican food featuring authentic el pastor and other fresh items.

They hope to be open in about a month.

2. Default Re: El Fogoncito

Neat art

Default Re: El Fogoncito

really cool! Will fit in with the neighborhood very nicely.

4. Default Re: El Fogoncito

Took this picture yesterday.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4985.JPG 
Views:	129 
Size:	1.81 MB 
ID:	14095

Thanks!

Here's a cropped and enhanced version:

6. Default Re: El Fogoncito

I was just told by neighborhood security (Edgemere Park) that El Fogoncito opened yesterday. Going for lunch and will report back.

7. Default Re: El Fogoncito

Went for lunch and everything was excellent.... Had guacamole and queso appetizers and both were great.

Went with the taco lunch (4 tacos for $7.50). Had picadillo, chorizo, pastor, and carnitas and enjoyed all of them very much. I also thought both of the sauces were really good too.... Will definitely be going back regularly!

Name:	IMG_0573[1].JPG 
Views:	271 
Size:	2.15 MB 
ID:	14099

Name:	IMG_0569.JPG 
Views:	612 
Size:	3.18 MB 
ID:	14104 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0570.JPG 
Views:	441 
Size:	3.42 MB 
ID:	14105 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0571.JPG 
Views:	426 
Size:	3.10 MB 
ID:	14106 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0572.JPG 
Views:	341 
Size:	2.75 MB 
ID:	14107
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0569[1].JPG 
Views:	260 
Size:	3.18 MB 
ID:	14100   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0570[1].JPG 
Views:	239 
Size:	3.42 MB 
ID:	14101   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0571[1].JPG 
Views:	195 
Size:	3.10 MB 
ID:	14102   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0572[1].JPG 
Views:	166 
Size:	2.75 MB 
ID:	14103  

I went for lunch today as well.

See the post above for the full menu.

They just opened yesterday (Monday). Hours are 10:30 to 10 M-TH, 10:30 to 1AM FR-SA and 10:30 to 7PM on Sundays.

For now they are only selling low-point beer but hope to get a full liquor license later.

Their specialty is al pastor, which you see in the last picture; it's the traditional shawarma spit-grilled meat.

I had the 4-taco dinner, with 2 al pastor, 1 carnitas and 1 picadillo (ground beef).

All were very, very good and absolute ton of food for $7.50. I loved the al pastor, which is closest to the camera in the 2nd photo below. It came with little chunks of pineapple and the meat was wonderfully tender and flavorful.

In addition to the complimentary chips and salsa (also very good) they provide 3 different squeeze bottles of different hot sauces: red was the spiciest, orange-ish had a peanut flavor, and green was more mild. Loved both the red and orange and didn't even try the green because I was too hooked on those.

The 3rd photo is of the Queso Fundido which I didn't try but looked fantastic.

The proprietor Emilio is just the friendliest, kindest guy; had met him once before while he was doing the build-out, mostly by himself.

Great little spot and that al pastor is legit.

9. Default Re: El Fogoncito

Hmmmm... I was only served the rojo and verde sauces.

10. Default Re: El Fogoncito

Al Pastor........ So Hungry now

Quote Originally Posted by FighttheGoodFight View Post
    Al Pastor........ So Hungry now
    Best tacos I've had in OKC and by a good margin.

oh man.... that pastor looks amazing. thought about going here today but we settled on hobbie's hoagies!

13. Default Re: El Fogoncito

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Best tacos I've had in OKC and by a good margin.
    The chorizo was some of the best I've eaten. I've never seen picadillo anywhere else I frequent... The carnitas had great flavor but was just a slight bit dry. The pastor was tasty and the bits of pineapple really took it over the top flavor wise.

That 4 taco lunch special is a pretty good deal too... Comes to $1.88 a taco and all my tacos were stacked high with filling.... Granted I shared some queso and guacamole too but I was stuffed when we left.

I was thinking that taco lunch special isn't bad when you consider they're normally 3.25 a piece!

It's a lot of food, especially when you throw in the chips and salsa.

It's a lot of food, especially when you throw in the chips and salsa.
    Nice to see them do al pastor the traditional way. I was told (incorrectly, I guess) that Oklahoma State Health Dept. rules forbade the use of the doner to make pastor in Oklahoma. Good to see that was a false alarm.

Looking forward to checking this place out.

after seeing the pics, i had to try this place out... so our office went today.

i tried a plate of tacos: pastor x 2, chicken, and asada... everything was amazing and 4 for $7.50 is a steal, especially since chips and salsa are included. loved the artwork, the big windows and the overall atmosphere of the place. it's definitely going on rotation in the 'taqueria' lineup.

18. Default Re: El Fogoncito

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    it's definitely going on rotation in the 'taqueria' lineup.
    Yep.... It's not going to replace Hugo's for me on Tuesdays (Can't beat $1 tacos and they have chicharrone tacos) but it's going to cut into my Rafita's trips for sure.

Magic's Immune System Guest

The chips and salsa were NOT included, at least for me. They charged me around $6 for them. The $7.50 taco platter ended up costing me $15.00 with a soft drink. I was not happy, and won't be back.

Are you an owner, Pete? Why are you censoring my posts?

I had the al pastor and asada tacos. Super delicious, but tiny at $3.75 per after 4:00pm. Is there anywhere else in the metro doing al pastor on a trompo (vertical spit)?

Quote Originally Posted by Magic's Immune System View Post
    Are you an owner, Pete? Why are you censoring my posts?
    No, not an owner.

All people new to the site have their first 3 posts moderated and I just saw yours and approved them.

Quote Originally Posted by Magic's Immune System View Post
    The chips and salsa were NOT included, at least for me. They charged me around $6 for them. The $7.50 taco platter ended up costing me $15.00 with a soft drink. I was not happy, and won't be back.
    I'm betting you were there after 4:00 pm. The chips and salsa were complimentary and the tacos were $3.25-3.75 each as individually listed on the menu. Although it isn't stated on the menu, the lunch special 4/$7.50 ends at 4:00 (they told me when I tried to order it). I won't be going back after 4:00 unless I'm prepared to drop $20 on one of their dinners and a drink.

No, not an owner.

All people new to the site have their first 3 posts moderated and I just saw yours and approved them.
    OK, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Paseofreak View Post
    I'm betting you were there after 4:00 pm. The chips and salsa were complimentary and the tacos were $3.25-3.50 each as individually listed on the menu. Although it isn't stated on the menu, the lunch special 4/$7.50 ends at 4:00 (they told me when I tried to order it). I won't be going back after 4:00 unless I'm prepared to drop $20 on one of their dinners and a drink.
    Nope, about 12:30 p.m

Thread Information