Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: OU Health Patient Tower

Default Re: OU Health Patient Tower

It's an ugly building, but it isn't as bad as say... Maywood phase two (from a purely aesthetic pov) or any big box store, or most McMansions... On the other hand, I reealy don't think we'd miss this building as much in 30 years like we miss our old downtown buildings.

Any update on this project?

Quote Originally Posted by aDark View Post
    Any update on this project?
    They have broken ground but just barely.

Crane is now up and it's impressively high and see from a long distance:

Thanks for posting this. I can see the crane from my office window but had forgotten what project it belonged to.

Quote Originally Posted by CCOKC View Post
    Thanks for posting this. I can see the crane from my office window but had forgotten what project it belonged to.
    I knew tons of people would be in Midtown or driving down I-235 and be asking, "What the heck is that for??".

7. Default Re: OU Health Patient Tower

that IS a very nice, tall tower crane!! isn't there another one (or two) on Broadway nearby?

cranes. ... cranes!!
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Going vertical:

9. Default Re: OU Health Patient Tower

If you haven't visited since construction started, note that the "free" lots are all gone now. So to the garage you go. And also note that they dont staff the garage booth. It's all kisoks. So be sure to have some cash/plastic on you or you're stuck. Last time i was there, the person in the next line over wasn't able to get out because there wasn't a person to help and the call button wasn't cooperating with them. Technology is NOT always the answer folks.....

Starting to make good progress:

Really cranking on this now

Pete, how do you get pics so fast? Do you have drones parked around the metro in drone garages then send a secret signal to activate?

Quote Originally Posted by OKC Guy View Post
    Pete, how do you get pics so fast? Do you have drones parked around the metro in drone garages then send a secret signal to activate?
    Haha... No, but that is my goal.

That photo is from this webcam:
    https://www.oumedicine.com/oumedicin.../watch-us-grow

But I go out each and every weekend (and often a couple of times during the week) and photograph my long list of projects that I actively update and keep with me at all times. And some photos I hold in reserve or forget about until something prompts me, like a post on a particular thread.

I also take my drone up in lots of different places and photograph wide areas. Because the images are hi-res, I can zoom in and crop on my library at any time.

I've always assumed Pete is the master of organizational spreadsheets and to-do lists.

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    I've always assumed Pete is the master of organizational spreadsheets and to-do lists.
    I plan to name my first child Excel.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Haha... No, but that is my goal.

That photo is from this webcam:
    https://www.oumedicine.com/oumedicin.../watch-us-grow

But I go out each and every weekend (and often a couple of times during the week) and photograph my long list of projects that I actively update and keep with me at all times. And some photos I hold in reserve or forget about until something prompts me, like a post on a particular thread.

I also take my drone up in lots of different places and photograph wide areas. Because the images are hi-res, I can zoom in and crop on my library at any time.
    Nice, and thanks for all the updates you provide!

Blog Entries

Construction going on inside the parking garage just east that serves the OU Medical Center & the Presbyterian Professional Office Tower; they appear to be bracing & strengthening the parking structure within.

The new patient tower construction moving in a timely fashion. You can see things coming together.

There are fewer covered spaces available to park. It's more difficult parking atop the roof where the spaces and access to them are really cramped.

Blog Entries

Health Science Center Re: OU Health Patient Tower

Construction starting on the last 4 floors of the tower. Thanks for the update Pete.

Hope I never have to see the inside of the old Presbyterian Tower again or the new one under construction.

21. Default Re: OU Health Patient Tower

I hadn't seen this thread. I wasn't aware of it but now that l think about it, l saw the crane when l was there a couple of weeks ago. So, its going in front of old Presby on 13th? Will it be the tallest in the HSC?

^

Yes to location.

But only 8 levels, so won't be the tallest.

23. Default Re: OU Health Patient Tower

In Denver, they moved the UCHSC in it's entirety from near central Denver to Aurora on former army base land. There are multiple hotels and apartment blocks going up around the new center. Any more rumors of private development supporting OUHSC?gg

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mugofbeer View Post
    In Denver, they moved the UCHSC in it's entirety from near central Denver to Aurora on former army base land. There are multiple hotels and apartment blocks going up around the new center. Any more rumors of private development supporting OUHSC?gg
    None at all. Neither OKC nor OU has taken advantage of this area as far as developing it into a neighborhood with any services. They should though.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    None at all. Neither OKC nor OU has taken advantage of this area as far as developing it into a neighborhood with any services. They should though.
    I disagree. This is close to Bricktown/downtown and a plethora of hotels and apartments/condos and food establishments. There was a huge hotel built on 8th street too. And lots of area has historical old houses being slowly rebuilt. Its locked into a narrow area surrounded by Capitol, 235, 40 and old housing. The whole area was focused on medical related industry not retail.

The city screwed up by not making SC route to this district though.

Thread Information