Widgets Magazine
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Nashbird

Default Re: Nashbird

Quote Originally Posted by SoonersFan12 View Post
    I went there last night to try their fried pickles and you are right, they are bland, I will not be going back
    Seems a little hasty, doesn’t it? To not give a restaurant another chance because of fried pickle quality of all things? I’m not a big fried pickle guy, but I never been anywhere where they were just bursting with amazing flavor.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    From their FB page:
    Glad to see that. I live nearby and will definitely be ordering lunch from there this week.

Quote Originally Posted by soonermike81 View Post
    Seems a little hasty, doesn’t it? To not give a restaurant another chance because of fried pickle quality of all things? I’m not a big fried pickle guy, but I never been anywhere where they were just bursting with amazing flavor.
    I already gave 2 chances trying the chicken sandwich 2 months ago and fried pickles last month and they both were disappointing so I am not going back

We ordered lunch the other day and they have made another menu change. From what the staff told us, it was the 4-5th menu change in 3 years. They have done away with all bone in chicken. Your only choice now is chicken tenders. I have had stomach surgery and cant eat a lot so usually order the kids drumstick meal. Gone. I ordered a tender and onion rings. The tender was ok at best and the rings were soggy. We ordered six different lunches and the general consensus was that they were off the rotation. Hopefully daves will be better but still no bone in there.

5. Default Re: Nashbird

^^^

Nashville Hot Chicken not on the bone is just a spicy chicken nugget. It's like serving chicken and waffles on a pancake.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepnokc View Post
    We ordered lunch the other day and they have made another menu change. From what the staff told us, it was the 4-5th menu change in 3 years. They have done away with all bone in chicken. Your only choice now is chicken tenders. I have had stomach surgery and cant eat a lot so usually order the kids drumstick meal. Gone. I ordered a tender and onion rings. The tender was ok at best and the rings were soggy. We ordered six different lunches and the general consensus was that they were off the rotation. Hopefully daves will be better but still no bone in there.
    Automobile alley location? That sucks, every time i've had nashbirds it has been great and the jumbo tenders were extremely tender but that last time was probably over a year ago.

I love nashbird, their consistency and quality has improved dramatically over the last year

I'm sure the price of chicken was the main driver in getting rid of bone in, but also a lot of customers probably just didn't order it. The variable & extended cook times probably played a factor in the removal as well, and will help improve consistency & service times. It sucks to lose the option but it's understandable.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger S View Post
    ^^^

Nashville Hot Chicken not on the bone is just a spicy chicken nugget. It's like serving chicken and waffles on a pancake.
    Regardless....they used to sell hot chicken that was bone in. Could even get a bucket full with 2 drums, 2 wings, 2 breasts and 2 thighs.. Now they don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepnokc View Post
    Regardless....they used to sell hot chicken that was bone in. Could even get a bucket full with 2 drums, 2 wings, 2 breasts and 2 thighs.. Now they don't.
    they use to sell buckets of bone in cold chicken when they first opened

There was a graphic on NPR the other day showing the percentage increases in food prices between the 4th of July last year vs. this year. Everything had gone up quite a bit, but by far the biggest percentage increase of any food item was chicken wings which was 39%.

Did the Norman location close?

Yes.

So, the Norman location closed in 2023.

I know the Midwest City location has recently closed, and I think that's true for the Edmond store as well.

That would only leave the original location on 9th in Auto Alley and I'm not sure about their fate.

14. Default Re: Nashbird

I ate at the one in Edmond a few weeks ago and it was busy. Just like every time I went. The restaurant business is strange

We can only hope that this ends in Chicken & the Wolf opening an OKC location. So much better than Nashbird.

I've really liked Dave's the few times I've had it and they are expanding (Bricktown, East Edmond and soon Chisholm Creek and beyond).

The local franchisee is the Social Order of Jones Assembly and Spark fame. They are great operators.

17. Default Re: Nashbird

^^^^^^^^
    Don’t forget about Fuzzy’s, which is their true cash cow.

From their FB page:

I'm here to confirm that we have closed our Norman, Edmond, and Midwest City locations.
    https://www.facebook.com/nashbirdchicken

I like NashBird, what have they done wrong? Why do they have to close while Dave's is opening new locations?

20. Default Re: Nashbird

Quote Originally Posted by Oski View Post
    I like NashBird, what have they done wrong? Why do they have to close while Dave's is opening new locations?
    "Hello All,
    I suppose now is as good as time as any to share some news, even though I wasn't quite ready. People will be posting about our closures, so I'm here to confirm that we have closed our Norman, Edmond, and Midwest City locations.
    There will be rumors that I cannot stop nor do I intend to. The simple fact is that traffic count and revenue has been down at each of those locations. I watched over the last 12 months and tried everything that I knew how to increase revenue. Our teams did the best they could to try and help with this, but we failed in our attempts.
    I'm not going to make excuses. I know we made some mistakes, and as the owner, I am responsible for all of them. Opening these restaurants was my lifetime dream as a chef, and it has been the most difficult 12 months of my professional career.
    I have already seen trolling about the "why" we closed and I'm certain there will be plenty of negativity. That's just who some people are. However, if you are considering posting something negative about the business, please remember that we are all local people with families and what you say has an impact. If you want to post something negative, I can't stop you.
    If you would like to say something negative, please send me an email to manager@nashbirdchicken.com. Or, we can meet in person to discuss so I can learn, grow, and get better. I can take it, but I'd like for my family not to have to endure any of the unnecessary comments as they weren't the ones responsible.
    Thank you to all of the team members who tried so hard to make this a success and thank you to the team members still working at our 9th street store to make it even better.
    If you didn't care for NASHBIRD, we're just asking that you simply refrain from trying to tear us down on social media. If we've made a mistake, email me and we'll do our best to fix it.
    If you are a fan of NASHBIRD, please visit us on 9th street. We don't expect people to support us just because we're "local." We want people to support us because we get it right.
    Thanks for everything y'all. Open for business on 9th Street!!!
    Sincerely,
    Marc Dunham
    Owner"

Just sounds like not enough revenue. For me personally, they no longer had bone in chicken. Tasted way worse after that change.

Quote Originally Posted by Oski View Post
    overall sub par food and service ..

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    hopefully this means they will finally stop taking orders for the one in norman on their website. over the past few months, when i have been on the patio at Beer is Good, there would almost everytime be someone walk up check the door and be like, "what the heck, i just placed an order 20 minutes ago."

23. Default Re: Nashbird

Quote Originally Posted by jedicurt View Post
    hopefully this means they will finally stop taking orders for the one in norman on their website. over the past few months, when i have been on the patio at Beer is Good, there would almost everytime be someone walk up check the door and be like, "what the heck, i just placed an order 20 minutes ago."
    Man without Nashbird and Notorious Pie, my two favorite meals with Beer is Good are closed

Quote Originally Posted by jedicurt View Post
    They still show Norman, Edmond, and MWC as open with the ability to order from all 3 on their website.

The Norman location has been closed for months.

I returned to the OG Midtown location today for lunch. The food was very good and I was impressed with what are now very reasonable prices for lunch in OKC.

Thread Information