I sense...salt?

Default Re: Nashbird

4. Default Re: Nashbird

Several images from their IG feed:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NB1.jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	10.2 KB 
ID:	13993 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NB2.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	8.5 KB 
ID:	13994 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NB3.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	8.7 KB 
ID:	13995 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NB4.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	13.4 KB 
ID:	13996Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NB5.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	11.0 KB 
ID:	13997

Dave Cathey reported they hope to open in earlly August.

Really looking forward to trying it and have always love that space, which should be considerably nicer now.

6. Default Re: Nashbird

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Dave Cathey reported they hope to open in earlly August.

Really looking forward to trying it and have always love that space, which should be considerably nicer now.
    I'm sure my doctor is going to be very disappointed that I will probably be a regular customer here..... lol

I love fried chicken and I love spicy so the combination is irresistable to me!

Tried the Nashville hot chicken which is on the menu at Jones - awesome! My first time trying it - wow! It wasn't terribly spicy by my standards, but my wife and I eat spicier food than most Oklahomans, so there's that.

Quote Originally Posted by no1cub17 View Post
    Tried the Nashville hot chicken which is on the menu at Jones - awesome! My first time trying it - wow! It wasn't terribly spicy by my standards, but my wife and I eat spicier food than most Oklahomans, so there's that.
    I had it last night too at Jones and loved it. Hope Nashbird is similar.

This is from their Instagram page:

10. Default Re: Nashbird

Ok I want this. Brining my Zantac in with me.

11. Default Re: Nashbird

Yeah.... I know at some point I'm going to try that Crazy Hot but think I'll start with the XXX.

Glad to see mac & cheese and potato salad on the menu as side items..... Honestly about the only thing that got me through the Prince's XXX chicken experience was the bite of potato salad I would take between every couple of bites of chicken to temper the burn a little bit.

One other thing that really catches my attention on this menu is the 3rd ingredient in the Nashmix..... Crispy chicken skin! Yummmmm!!!

Menu looks great, can't wait to try it. Has anyone every seen Cold fried chicken on a menu before??

13. Default Re: Nashbird

Quote Originally Posted by sooner88 View Post
    Menu looks great, can't wait to try it. Has anyone every seen Cold fried chicken on a menu before??
    Nope but I have a couple of friends that prefer it cold so they will be happy to see it.

Great price point.

I smell a hit.

And I've always loved that space and look forward to having good reasons to patronize it.

17. Default Re: Nashbird

Looks awesome

Trying to pin them down on an opening date, which should be soon.

I have the feeling I'm going to love this place. I've always love the space and the bar that looks over the RR tracks.

Trying to pin them down on an opening date, which should be soon.

I have the feeling I'm going to love this place. I've always love the space and the bar that looks over the RR tracks.
    I know, I can't wait for Nashbird and Prairie to open up- I check for updates on grand openings dates constantly haha

20. Default Re: Nashbird

Quote Originally Posted by BridgeBurner View Post
    I know, I can't wait for Nashbird and Prairie to open up- I check for updates on grand openings dates constantly haha
    Go apply for a job and see if they will tell you what day you would be starting.

Went to a soft opening last night. All things considered it was a good experience. We had fried pickles, a chicken biscuit, hot chicken basket, mac and cheese, and the cucumber and watermelon salad. I think it will do really well and look forward to trying it again.

Pros:
    the chicken was fried really well - very crispy - and was moist and tender;
    the fried pickles were great - I like that they are long slivers instead of rounds;
    the cucumber and watermelon salad was also great - possibly the standout of the meal;
    portions are huge - for reference, the chicken biscuit and chicken sandwich are probably twice the size of a chick-fil-a sandwich;
    the biscuit had great flavor and was very moist, though it didn't hold together well - knife and fork required;
    the service was great - it was completely full and the food came quickly, was hot, and was what we ordered.

Cons:
    disappointed in the lack of heat. we got the "kickin" (2/4 on the spicy index) thinking the chicken would have some heat but not be outrageous and that the crazy hot would be on the level of Prince's. Unfortunately, it barely had any spice at all. Given they (smartly) have a lot of non-spicy options I was expecting all of the hot chicken baskets to have a fair amount of heat. Will just have to be sure to order the crazy hot next time; and
    the mac and cheese didn't have a huge amount of flavor by itself but was good with the addition of salt, pepper, and Louisiana hot sauce.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nashbird.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	112.8 KB 
ID:	14046

^

Thanks very much for the report.

Did you happen to notice if they had any/many beers on tap?

^

Thanks very much for the report.

Did you happen to notice if they had any/many beers on tap?
    There were approx. 6 taps. Didn't get a good look but the handles on the taps looked like the usual suspects based on a glance from far away. However, they were only serving 3.2 beer. From what I could gather they may not have their liquor license yet (this is speculation - not fact).

I was in Nashville last weekend and tried Prince's . I can't stop thinking about it. Good thing this place is opening up soon.

I'm going to do my part to keep this place in business. Hoping to become a regular!

Thread Information