Widgets Magazine

Thread: Apartments and Townhomes around Stephenson Park

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Apartments and Townhomes around Stephenson Park

Quote Originally Posted by onthestrip View Post
    Apartments and retail built near a park? The citizens werent down for that just a few months ago at Hafer Park and Spring Creek, wonder what they will say about this.
    This is a different animal. This area around Stephenson park has already transitioned to something special, and it's going to continue to get even better. It's revitalizing and reworking a really ugly part of Edmond. Getting rid of the terrible buy here pay per car lot, filling in these empty fields and more is going to be so nice.

Quote Originally Posted by jerrywall View Post
    This is a different animal. This area around Stephenson park has already transitioned to something special, and it's going to continue to get even better. It's revitalizing and reworking a really ugly part of Edmond. Getting rid of the terrible buy here pay per car lot, filling in these empty fields and more is going to be so nice.
    Well I thought a $100 million investment that would turn an empty field into possibly the best shopping center experience in the metro would have been nice too.

Quote Originally Posted by onthestrip View Post
    Well I thought a $100 million investment that would turn an empty field into possibly the best shopping center experience in the metro would have been nice too.
    I agree, and supported it. But I can see the difference between building small scale high end units in an already mixed use area replacing blighted lots and run down houses is a big difference than 325 apartments in a giant complex directly against a park's tree and water line.

The Spring Creek Plaza will probably happen, just without all those apartments.

Thread Information