Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Warren Theatre in Moore sold to Regal Cinemas

Default Re: Warren Theatre in Moore sold to Regal Cinemas

Quote Originally Posted by Questor View Post
    1. Your comment added nothing of value; 2. There was nothing intended to be negative in my post, I was discussing business strategy; 3. "Just because we don't all know..." is literally the definition of secret.
    Not intending to poke the bear here, but secret implies intent to conceal. Something that isn't generally known is not *necessarily* a secret. Most of the world's 6+ billion people don't know my birthday, but that doesn't mean I'm purposely trying to hide it.

2. Default Re: Warren Theatre in Moore sold to Regal Cinemas

^^^^^^
    Exactly.

So I wonder if Regal will continue the same gun friendly attitude as Warren?

It's interesting how the same person can be involved in so many aggressive exchanges with so many different people on this board over the years and not stop for some personal reflection about that, such as maybe the problem isn't with everyone else. My error was in reacting to it. I'll solve the problem by making a change to my ignore list so it doesn't happen again and I'd encourage you to do the same.

Thought this would be the best place to post this but just saw some plans that show Regal is remodeling one of the auditoriums at the Warren into one of their 4DX Theaters. Appears to be 3D with motion chairs. Here is the link to it on their website.

https://www.regmovies.com/theaters/4dx

0001.jpg

Look for general upkeep and maintenance to begin soon. At the very least I believe all the carpet is being replaced. They are looking at rebuilding the concession stand in the lobby and removing the arcade for either a Starbucks or bar. Would not worry about the Warren in MWC taking to much business when it opens if what I am hearing about it is true. Will update when it gets closer to opening

One really nice thing is that Warren Theatres had a very nice thick carpet. That obviously won't mean much to most people, but little things like that made them feel different and worth the money. If they lower the quality of the theatre, then oh well. . . just opens up the opportunity for someone to come in and build a theatre like the original Warren that stood out from the rest!

Quote Originally Posted by zcamaro70 View Post
    Look for general upkeep and maintenance to begin soon. At the very least I believe all the carpet is being replaced. They are looking at rebuilding the concession stand in the lobby and removing the arcade for either a Starbucks or bar. Would not worry about the Warren in MWC taking to much business when it opens if what I am hearing about it is true. Will update when it gets closer to opening
    Is there new news on when the MWC warren will open? I could be reading too much into what you said, but Is the MWC warren sort of a lower end version of the Warren Moore? Do you know anything about the Edmond Warren---someone told me construction has started, but i haven't driven by yet. I'm not sure if you were reluctant to post details so whatever you think you could provide i'm interested to hear!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark356 View Post
    Is there new news on when the MWC warren will open? I could be reading too much into what you said, but Is the MWC warren sort of a lower end version of the Warren Moore? Do you know anything about the Edmond Warren---someone told me construction has started, but i haven't driven by yet. I'm not sure if you were reluctant to post details so whatever you think you could provide i'm interested to hear!
    Drove by it three days ago, didn't see any signs of work.

I have heard nothing on the Edmond/North OKC Warren. As for the MWC Warren, I am holding back until it gets closer to being finished. Stuff changes all the time before construction is complete. If what I am hearing is going to happen, there would be no way to change it when it is about to open. The carpet being replaced (Moore Warren)would be the exact same carpet as it has now, just new.
    Just FYI, I know the people in the MWC sub don't believe me since I can't provide proof(I understand completely), the MWC Warren will be owned by Bill Warren but ran by Regal/Cineworld(as per the sales agreement when other theatres were sold).

Quote Originally Posted by Mark356 View Post
    People may be confusing Flix Brewhouse with the Edmond Warren. With Flix Brewhouse and along with Star Cinemas further north along with the Nimby issues. It wouldn't surprise me if they put the breaks on this project.

Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    People may be confusing Flix Brewhouse with the Edmond Warren. With Flix Brewhouse and along with Star Cinemas further north along with the Nimby issues. It wouldn't surprise me if they put the breaks on this project.
    There is a Warren Theater proposed near Eastern and Kilpatrick turnpike. As far as I know nothing new has come out on that project.

double post

Quote Originally Posted by PaddyShack View Post
    There is a Warren Theater proposed near Eastern and Kilpatrick turnpike. As far as I know nothing new has come out on that project.

Yeah, I know about that project. Just saying they may have postponed while they evaluate having alcohol there. Flix is just down the street from proposed Warren site. The dine in movie theater concept was one of the biggest reasons why warren clashed out.

deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_M View Post
    Thought this would be the best place to post this but just saw some plans that show Regal is remodeling one of the auditoriums at the Warren into one of their 4DX Theaters. Appears to be 3D with motion chairs. Here is the link to it on their website.

https://www.regmovies.com/theaters/4dx

0001.jpg
    Man, thought they'd finally given up on the 3D thing...

I wonder if this location made the cut:

https://variety.com/2020/film/global...nd-1234791728/

18. Default Re: Warren Theatre in Moore sold to Regal Cinemas

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    I wonder if this location made the cut:

https://variety.com/2020/film/global...nd-1234791728/
    Article said all locations. It does not appear there are exemptions.
    Share prices are off >40%.

You can't blame them.

There are no new movies to show and operating those theaters takes a lot of money.

They have to be completely bleeding cash.

Bummer. Hard to believe a facility like that will just sit empty and out of use.

That is really a shame, it was an awesome theater when it opened, I think they should bulldoze the theater and build something useful

Thread Information