Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Revolutions (formerly HeyDay)

Bricktown3 Revolutions (formerly HeyDay)

HeyDay opens Tuesday in Bricktown

Heyday Entertainment opens it's new location in Bricktown on Tuesday May 16th.

The Norman-based company has completely renovated the old Red Pin space in Lower Bricktown and added an internal staircase that leads to games on a new 2nd level.

There is 12,286 square feet at canal level and 1,166 directly above in the old bar space of Bolero in the Centennial Building directly north of the Harkins theater on the west side of the Bricktown Canal. The building also includes condominiums as well as Starbucks, Texadelphia and Dekora.

The company completely renovated the 10 bowling lanes and the entire interior with all new finishes and fixtures.

For the first time, the large patio facing the canal will be a focus, with outdoor TV's, audio, a fire pit and shade structures.

In addition to bowling and games, a new large bar faces the canal and a full menu will be served for lunch and dinner.

Default Re: HeyDay Bricktown

Well look at that, actually using the patio. For those of you that haven't been to Hey Day, while it is obviously a family friendly venue, this place is awesome. Run very well. This is going to be awesome.

I was really impressed with the work they have done here.

Spent tons of money. And not only are they planning to get people out by the canal, the bar actually faces out through the front windows which brings the canal activity into the space.

Looks like it will be a solid sports bar choice as well.

I bet this place does very well and adds much more life to the area than Red Pin ever did.

2Lanez Guest

Is that a Boomerang Grill sign? Is that a part of the HeyDay, or separate? I didn't realize those were still around...

5. Default Re: HeyDay Bricktown

Quote Originally Posted by 2Lanez View Post
    Is that a Boomerang Grill sign? Is that a part of the HeyDay, or separate? I didn't realize those were still around...
    Only one remaining, until tomorrow, is the one that is in the original HeyDay.

Had an early lunch here today and enjoyed my burger (Theta).

Really like this space now and tons of TV's and beers on tap for sports watching.

Had an early lunch here today and enjoyed my burger (Theta).

Really like this space now and tons of TV's and beers on tap for sports watching.

Looks good; will visit soon

I did a splurge tonight and reserved a lane for an hour.

It took about twenty minutes to get hooked up with a server, even though the lanes were less than half full and a bunch of staff were hanging out it seemed. However, service was swift and certain once I hunted one down.

About the only thing original from Redpin are the lanes themselves, I think. It's a new state of the art Brunswick setup that enables a lot of different games. The lanes are oiled properly with a good machine (I asked); previously, the lanes were dressed with one of the first lane machines built, pretty much a wet pillow with a motor on it. So you can really roll to your potential if you're so inclined.

I hope it doesn't compete too heavily with Dust Bowl up north, and I don't think it should, as DB is cheaper, differently themed, with a popular beergarten upstairs. Nonetheless, it's great to have such a facility back in Lower Bricktown.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170527_215606824.jpg 
Views:	167 
Size:	2.92 MB 
ID:	13869Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170527_223245883.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	2.28 MB 
ID:	13870

^

203!

Nice.

I had a ton of Jerseyside strikes and some missed gimmie spares; that wall was a huge psychological block! But thanks; been doing it all my life.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kimball View Post
    I had a ton of Jerseyside strikes and some missed gimmie spares; that wall was a huge psychological block! But thanks; been doing it all my life.
    How does Jersey side different from Brooklyn, or are they the same?

Same thing. I like saying Jersey to be different, and more importantly because New Jersey is on the 1-2 side of a usually oriented map of the NYC metro.

This is just such a great spot.

Spent some time at the bar yesterday watching the women's softball and so nice to sit and watch the boats and people go by along the canal.

That outdoor patio space is very nice as well with several TV's, a good sound system and plenty of shade.

I'm just glad someone is there that is actually making use of the patio space.

Even though technically Red Pin had a similar setup with their bowling lanes, I think what Hey Day has done with theirs are much, much nicer. Their facility in the Moore/Norman area is top-notch and they have spent a lot of money over the years to keep it looking nice, and as markets shifted a few years ago spent a lot of money adding onto their facility to keep it current and relevant. Because of that I can't think of a better tenant for Lower Bricktown. Their laser tag is a lot of fun too; the laser guns are for whatever reason some of the most accurate I have played with. Go check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Questor View Post
    Even though technically Red Pin had a similar setup with their bowling lanes, I think what Hey Day has done with theirs are much, much nicer. Their facility in the Moore/Norman area is top-notch and they have spent a lot of money over the years to keep it looking nice, and as markets shifted a few years ago spent a lot of money adding onto their facility to keep it current and relevant. Because of that I can't think of a better tenant for Lower Bricktown. Their laser tag is a lot of fun too; the laser guns are for whatever reason some of the most accurate I have played with. Go check it out!
    Yeah. HeyDay bowling is a step above Red Pin. I really like what they did with it.

Quote Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
    Yeah. HeyDay bowling is a step above Red Pin. I really like what they did with it.
    Me too. I have actually been there several times just to hang out at the bar area, and not even play any games. That front area near the bar is setup exactly the way it always should have been... it's great that they are trying to make it an extension of the canal what with all the glass facing outward and the seating spilling outside.

^

I really like their bar and patio area too.

It's a great place to sit and watch the world go by on the canal and they have a really good sound and video system.

Their beers and food are reasonable as well.

They will be converting the upstairs area -- which has never really worked as a small game room -- to a bar with pool tables.

I really like this place and it deserves more business.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    They will be converting the upstairs area -- which has never really worked as a small game room -- to a bar with pool tables.

I really like this place and it deserves more business.
    Whew, thought you were gonna say they died of covid 19

But yeah that game room didn't make much sense when they remodeled red pin, glad they're going back and hopefully making it better

I was scared it was closed, too. This place is awesome for bowling and beer. Pool tables upstairs is even better!

Their food is good, have a good beer selection, great patio and facilities and reasonable prices.

Highly underrated IMO.

25. Default Re: HeyDay Bricktown

Whew! Awesome, we frequent this place plenty and would have been sad to see it go

Thread Information