Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Revolutions (formerly HeyDay)

Default Re: HeyDay Bricktown

I've been for a happy hour before to sit on the canal patio and remember being surprised by how good the food was. Need to go back sometime soon.

Blog Entries

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2021-02-03 124725 a.jpg 
Views:	293 
Size:	11.7 KB 
ID:	16707

Not sure how long this has been posted on their website or if it's still accurate but...

Was just here a few weeks ago and was shocked when they were kicking us out at like 10pm on a Friday...

HeyDay in Bricktown is still completely closed.

Their Facebook page says it is permanently closed and it has been removed from their corporate website.

The two restaurants above (Sushi Bar and Sussy's) have also been completely closed for some time. The only businesses that remain in this building are Starbucks and Texadelphia.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    HeyDay in Bricktown is still completely closed.

Their Facebook page says it is permanently closed and it has been removed from their corporate website.

The two restaurants above (Sushi Bar and Sussy's) have also been completely closed for some time. The only businesses that remain in this building are Starbucks and Texadelphia.

That sucks to hear. We recently did a fundraiser with them at the one off Indian Hills/I 35 and they were great people to work with. Hope it all works out.

I took these yesterday and nothing has changed in many months.

I really do hope they are just concentrating on their Norman site for now and that they reopen. I'm a big fan of what they've done in Bricktown and have been there several times.

The current scene is straight out of 28 Days Later; things just dropped and no signs of life.

I had a friend talk about a place around this area serving awesome ranch. I thought it was either this place or Sussys when it was in existence. Anybody care to chime in?

Mazzios has awesome ranch

Default Re: Revolutions (formerly HeyDay)

I stopped by yesterday and spoke to the GM, and HeyDay is rebranding to Revolutions and planning to reopen the middle of September.

Revolutions is the name of the upstairs, 21+ area of their Norman facility. This won't be strictly 21+ but will be aimed more at adults with a full sports bar emphasis.

They have installed several pool tables to the left as you enter the lower level. Upstairs, what had been an arcade will not be a golf simulator.

They will still be open for lunch but the entire space should have much more of a bar feel later in the day.

Very glad they are coming back; a very underrated place IMO.

if they do this place correctly it could be a home run ..

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    if they do this place correctly it could be a home run ..
    It really could be. I went there back in 2019 and had a good time.

this is one of the best locations in OKC. it seems like none of the previous operators treated the patio as an afterthought, but it's one of the best assets of the location. i hope they succeed on that front.

The lower canal is a blackhole, except for Tiki. Such a bizarre thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    The lower canal is a blackhole, except for Tiki. Such a bizarre thing.
    This is where I'd love to see the city spend some money incentivize development. With support, could a local brewery, for example, bring activity to a space on the lower canal? What about luring a popular concept like a Buffalo Wild Wings as an anchor then surround it with local businesses? The Tiki/Bournon St. spot on the canal is arguably the coolest spot in OKC. People overlook because it's in Bricktown and not Midtwon or the Plaza District, but it's a great environment. Brickopolis has brought a ton of activity too. But that's about it. So many dead spots along the canal.

15. Default Re: Revolutions (formerly HeyDay)

I think Bricktown has seen it's day more or less regarding city incentives. It's the oldest civic district so it should have synergy already esp when considering Midtown already does.

Im not saying we shouldn't incentivize certain concepts to spur pedestrianism but I'm saying it likely hasn't happened due to Bricktown's position as OKC's best district already.

I totally agree the city should incentivize businesses to open up canal side space and cafes but I bet the Bricktown Association could do it faster and cheaper rather than the city in which Im sure suburban districts would oppose further incentives to already mature Bricktown.
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Revolutions in Bricktown reopens today (Friday, Oct. 1).

Thread Information