Widgets Magazine

Thread: New entrance to industrial park on Council

Default New entrance to industrial park on Council

I saw today that they're building a new entrance to the new industrial park on Council and 29th where the old tire plant used to be. Nothing is built there yet, but hopefully this new entrance is a sign that development is coming. It would fit with all the other development along Council from 40 to SW 29th

Default Re: New entrance to industrial park on Council

I feel like a long time ago there was a thread when they were demolishing it. I believe it was stated then that this is all part of the Will Rogers Industrial Park, and I believe they had plans to rebuild a warehouse for leasing. Something about the existing wasn't tall enough for most people, but it's possible that could have changed by now.

You're right though, lots of warehouse development in this area. Seems like they are dragging their feet last time I looked on the new 7-11 down there though. You'd think they'd hurry up and get it done as the existing one is always busy.

4. Default Re: New entrance to industrial park on Council

I was a little confused too. The did tear down most of the old plant. So far all of the new construction has been outside of the old plant lot too. So it seems weird to add a new curb cut that goes back to the back lot of the old plant. There has been sustained activity in that portion, but all this did was give access directly to council instead of the current access on 29th.

They have a large crane and some other construction equipment staged where the old tire plant was. Looks like they're getting ready to build something new. My guess is, the warehouse that's in the link that Pete provided.

Looks like they're getting ready to put up wind turbines or something there as there are a number of sections of what look like wind turbine pillars there.

Interesting.

8. Default Re: New entrance to industrial park on Council

I saw those yesterday, they're massive!!!!! That's the first thing i thought too was turbines. There isn't any residential nearby and it's a good distance from really anything else if it's built on that plot.

Personally, i think that would be AWESOME!

I drove down SW29th to council yesterday on my way home and noticed there were a lot of new metal highline poles. That's not maybe what these are instead of wind turbines are they? I didn't go North so didn't see what you are saying just saw all the highlines on 29th. Of course 29th is also where there was a lot of wind damage last week, so that may just be a coincidence. Just seems odd to me to put wind turbines in the city like that, but it is a fairly industrial area being a warehouse district.

Weren't there a couple 'egg beaters' somewhere along 29th not far from there years back?

11. Default Re: New entrance to industrial park on Council

I haven't paid attention if they are still there stile, but there was at least one right at 29th/Council last year. I just dont pay attention to that plot of land very often now. The one that was left has been off for years though. It's hard to work when you're surrounded by trees LOL.

Zuplar, they look much larger in circumference than i think a highpole is....but i could be wrong. What damage there was on 29th was just lines down, so those have been good for a week now.

Funny small world moment. I went to a conference one time and ended up sitting a lot with a guy from Nebraska that does IT (it was a Laserfiche conference actually) for the company that makes those metal power poles. He said they're the only ones that make them in the U.S.....i thought that was sort of an interesting fun fact. Not sure if it's still true today, but it was a surprise to me when he said it.

Thread Information