Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Target

Large Chain Target

The SuperTarget located at 13924 N. Pennsylvania Ave. will be getting a full remodel starting in June 2017. The approximately $12 million investment will touch every part of the store, including an updated grocery section and exterior facade. Target is planning on completing over 600 store remodels over 2017 and 2018. Approximately 30 stores in Dallas (Target's third largest market) are in the process of receiving these remodels as well. Plans for the Quail Springs location have not been finalized, but similar remodel plans for the Dallas locations can be seen in the link below. Work is expected to be completed by November.

https://corporate.target.com/article...-target-stores

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	target1.jpg 
Views:	188 
Size:	173.7 KB 
ID:	13781Click image for larger version. 

Name:	target2.jpg 
Views:	232 
Size:	181.3 KB 
ID:	13782Click image for larger version. 

Name:	target3.jpg 
Views:	174 
Size:	173.7 KB 
ID:	13783Click image for larger version. 

Name:	target4.jpg 
Views:	190 
Size:	151.6 KB 
ID:	13784Click image for larger version. 

Name:	target5.jpg 
Views:	197 
Size:	66.0 KB 
ID:	13785Click image for larger version. 

Name:	target2.jpg 
Views:	232 
Size:	181.3 KB 
ID:	13782
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	target7.jpg 
Views:	186 
Size:	70.0 KB 
ID:	13786Click image for larger version. 

Name:	target8.jpg 
Views:	190 
Size:	133.3 KB 
ID:	13787Click image for larger version. 

Name:	target9.jpg 
Views:	183 
Size:	182.0 KB 
ID:	13788Click image for larger version. 

Name:	target10.jpg 
Views:	181 
Size:	154.0 KB 
ID:	13789Click image for larger version. 

Name:	target11.jpg 
Views:	156 
Size:	160.4 KB 
ID:	13790

2. Default Re: SuperTarget - Quail Springs

Sure hope they update and improve their fresh produce and meat departments. We had to quit them because those departments got so bad.

Default Re: SuperTarget - Quail Springs

Thanks very much! I had seen the building permit but it didn't have many details.

Looks like they may be going to a dedicated entrance for order pickup, no doubt to counteract Walmart which is now doing the drive-thru version of this.

2Lanez Guest

Interesting. Only Quail Springs? I've wondered whether Target on N May will try to step up with the increasing number of grocery options in that area.

Good to hear. We will probably start seeing quite a bit of these kinds of projects as SQ 792's implementation gets closer. I imagine many grocers will opt to remodel to prepare for wine/full strength beer sales. This is just a guess, but had SQ 792 failed, I am not sure Homeland would be remodeling their store. OKC's long-term issue with having uniquely subpar grocery stores could be on its last legs.

Hopefully the N May location is next.

Construction will begin June 11th and might run through Thanksgiving.

I wonder if they will be closed on Black Friday?

Will the store be closed during construction or will they remain open during the remodel?

They will be open throughout construction and I'm sure they want to be done by Black Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by jbkrems View Post
    Will the store be closed during construction or will they remain open during the remodel?
    It will be done in phases.

Electronics will be moved to the back of the store after they just finished that beautiful remodel...

10. Default Re: SuperTarget - Quail Springs

From what i've read, i believe most of the Targets in our area will get part of this facelift, but in different ways. So places like May/MWC aren't Super Targets, but Quail/Norman/Edmond are. Some of the changes already happened in MWC some time ago with the change in how certain areas are presented to make it more "department store" looking. Personally, i think it's dumb and a waste of time. You can't fit as much in the same amount of area, so it just means there's less product on the shelf. It seems like Target is trying to "up" their appearance to some other class of store, but they dont really know what that is. I would liken it to JC Penny's failed changes to organize by brand instead of type of product. Now i just have to walk to 20 places to look at the same dang thing instead of one area....guess what? It means i go to Kohls instead. I dont think Target will be in any danger of losing customers or anything, but it just doesn't make a whole lot of sense to spend this kind of money on "fluff" like tables to put product on and removing the exiting shelving. Throw some different tile down on top of the existing tile, hang a sculpture from the ceiling, What exactly is the point there?

Quote Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
    Good to hear. We will probably start seeing quite a bit of these kinds of projects as SQ 792's implementation gets closer. I imagine many grocers will opt to remodel to prepare for wine/full strength beer sales. This is just a guess, but had SQ 792 failed, I am not sure Homeland would be remodeling their store. OKC's long-term issue with having uniquely subpar grocery stores could be on its last legs.

Hopefully the N May location is next.
    One of the reasons plans haven't been finalized is because Target is trying to figure out whether to include a dedicated wine and liquor shop area in with the plans. They already do this in other states. Many are trying to convince the folks in Minnesota that it's worth including in the remodel now since our laws are changing in 2018.

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin View Post
    Construction will begin June 11th and might run through Thanksgiving.

I wonder if they will be closed on Black Friday?
    Construction is expected to be finished before November 1.

Quote Originally Posted by bombermwc View Post
    So places like May/MWC aren't Super Targets, but Quail/Norman/Edmond are.
    Bombermwc,
    What makes a store "Super" Target? I thought it was groceries and if that's the case, the MWC store is a Super Target.
    C. T.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchandler View Post
    Bombermwc,
    What makes a store "Super" Target? I thought it was groceries and if that's the case, the MWC store is a Super Target.
    C. T.
    Not bombermwc, but...

I don't know the MWC store, but I know the Moore and Norman stores. Both have groceries, but Norman (the Super Target) is larger with a larger frozen foods and produce and meat section. In Moore, the refrigerated and produce sections are pretty small compared to Super Target and Super Wal*Mart and most other grocery stores. That's the main difference I've found.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchandler View Post
    Bombermwc,
    C. T.
    Super Target is a designation the company itself uses. There are only 3 in the OKC area: Quail, Edmond and Norman.

All are substantially larger and have larger departments of almost all kinds, including food.

It's similar to Walmart, as some of their stores are Super Centers but not all.

Do all the non-Super Targets now have "limited groceries" such as the N. May location, or are there still some without?

17. Default Re: SuperTarget - Quail Springs

CTChandler - Most Targets now have limited grocery items. The difference between that an a Super Target, is the Super's have the full service grocery. Think things like more produce/deli counter/bakery/etc. I haven't really found that in terms of normal store products, there's really that much difference. And I believe Target has decided to stop making Super Targets anymore after they started converting the regular ones to the current model with limited grocery.

The switchover in MWC happened even after they moved to 29th st. On May it happened when they booted Office Depot out and expanded the store. I dont remember if the South Side one ever converted before it closed.

^

Groceries are not the only difference between a Target and Super Target.

As I mentioned above, most the departments in the store are expanded as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    ^

Groceries are not the only difference between a Target and Super Target.

As I mentioned above, most the departments in the store are expanded as well.
    It's also worth nothing that the SuperTarget branding will be gone after the store is remodeled.

Construction staging has begun in the parking lot. Dedicated wine and beer section didn't make the final cut. Target may revisit this at a later date.

Quote Originally Posted by AnguisHerba View Post
    Construction staging has begun in the parking lot. Dedicated wine and beer section didn't make the final cut. Target may revisit this at a later date.
    That really is quite shortsighted. Only a year and a half before Oklahoma joins the rest of the nation with normal alcohol laws.

Quote Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
    That really is quite shortsighted. Only a year and a half before Oklahoma joins the rest of the nation with normal alcohol laws.
    Its not like their having to knock down half the building to add it in later. The renderings for the beer and wine area for other stores didn't seem all that complicated.

Giant tent in the parking lot. Looks like they will start on the right side of the store which I believe is the electronics side.

The have boatloads of shipping containers out there now as well:

Thread Information