Widgets Magazine
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Target

Default Re: Target

Quote Originally Posted by kukblue1 View Post
    Please be gentle with me PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I find Target so overrated. I'm so sorry :'( I really do though
    But, but...they have CAANDDLES!!!!!*my best Kirsten Wiig voice*

Please be gentle with me PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I find Target so overrated. I'm so sorry :'( I really do though
    Agreed to a point, although . . . I’ll gladly pay the Target Tax if it keeps me out of the Walmarts.

Comparison would be nice. I shop there cause my experience there is much better than walmart.

I find Target to be high priced and somewhat limited on selection. Anytime I end up in one I always say “I need to shop here more often” because of how pleasant the experience is; however I am always having to go somewhere else to finish my shopping.

Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    I find Target to be high priced and somewhat limited on selection. Anytime I end up in one I always say “I need to shop here more often” because of how pleasant the experience is; however I am always having to go somewhere else to finish my shopping.
    I agree. I try to justify it by saying "There isn't a people of Target website." But it really is probably 10-15% more than Wal-Mart.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    The big renovation at 5400 N. May has commenced.

They have a bunch of containers in the parking lot and have started to tear up the flooring.

I also received a mailer today for $5 off due to the construction.
    Did you notice the misspelling of Target on the mailer?

Any idea whats going on at the Memorial and Penn location? I'm sure I missed it.

You can see the flooring has been removed here (and BTW, I absolutely love Target and will never set foot in a Walmart):

Exactly. Clean store nice experience. Limited items and slightly higher priced.

So is Target changing to bare concrete floors, except in some departments, like Wal-Mart did? That is an abhorrent look.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunty View Post
    So is Target changing to bare concrete floors, except in some departments, like Wal-Mart did? That is an abhorrent look.
    They just started work. I'm sure it will look like the very nicely remodeled Quail Springs location.

Quote Originally Posted by Mballard85 View Post
    Any idea whats going on at the Memorial and Penn location? I'm sure I missed it.
    I "think" they are renovating the Target Cafe area and shifting that section to a dedicated space for an order pickup staging area with emphasis on fresh/frozen groceries. Covid dramatically shifted the way many bought groceries and if Target can be more efficient, they can easily make more money in online orders for pickup than they ever did on popcorn and hot dogs in the Target Cafe....(and I do miss the Target popcorn!)

Quote Originally Posted by scottk View Post
    I "think" they are renovating the Target Cafe area and shifting that section to a dedicated space for an order pickup staging area with emphasis on fresh/frozen groceries. Covid dramatically shifted the way many bought groceries and if Target can be more efficient, they can easily make more money in online orders for pickup than they ever did on popcorn and hot dogs in the Target Cafe....(and I do miss the Target popcorn!)
    That was kind of my assumption, but I figured someone would know. Their curbside pick up is very smoothly run, so this isn't shocking at all if it is what is going on.

This is what the building permit application says about the QS Target:

Team Member Restrooms: full decor update including wall finishes, floor finishes, lighting, plumbing fixtures, and toilet accessories. Order Pickup Storage: includes reconfiguration of storage area, wall finish, floor finish, and lighting updates. Offices: reconfiguration of partitions, wall finish, ceiling finish, and floor finish. Food Service: Cafe and seating area removed and replaced with Snack Bar 2.0.

Looked up the Snack Bar 2.0 concept. It's similar to a small convenient store, and you literally grab and go, looks like a self check-out for drinks, popcorn, and snacks.

https://www.bizjournals.com/twinciti...ck-bar-in.html

^^^ I’ve always had an idea like that for large grocery stores to have a smaller “store within a store” where they sell their most popular items with its own checkout system. I hope this concept can’t be protected and other stores like Walmart implement it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    ^^^ I’ve always had an idea like that for large grocery stores to have a smaller “store within a store” where they sell their most popular items with its own checkout system. I hope this concept can’t be protected and other stores like Walmart implement it as well.
    Doubtful. They place the popular items where they do in the store; often in areas to drive foot traffic past more linear feet of shelves to sell more products. There is a complicated
    strategy to item placement to drive sales.

The containers have arrived:

19. Default Re: Target

I've been in a couple Wal-Mart stores lately-- a super center and a neighborhood market. I was shocked at how "distribution center" feeling they both were. Concrete floors. Industrial shelving. There was no sense of "place" in any department. All the Targets I've been in locally and while traveling (including super, standard, and urban) have all been a vastly superior shopping experience. In all honesty, I do occasionally get annoyed at some selection items (do they really need 6 rows of *this" Crest and not carry "X" Crest at all?), and their fruit quality in Edmond has been horrible all summer (we've bought most of our fruit at Uptown, but we do that a lot of the time anyway). But overall, their selection is good, and the experience is vastly superior than than the competition. I'm willing to pay slightly more for that benefit.

^

Sam's Clubs are nicer than Walmarts, especially their wide aisles that aren't cluttered with tons of merchandise.

I can easily shop at Target and Sam's and occasionally Winco and never set foot in a Walmart or their Neighborhood Markets.

I hope they add a deli market to the N May location. I was surprised they didn't have one since it was a "super" Target.

Not sure why, but the Edmond Target on 2nd Street now has a large number of containers in the side parking lot. This store was recently renovated (right after the Quail Springs Super Target). They did remove the dark wood paneling from each entrance and just painted it brown, but given the number of containers, this seems like a much more extensive project inside the store is happening.

Doubtful. They place the popular items where they do in the store; often in areas to drive foot traffic past more linear feet of shelves to sell more products. There is a complicated
    strategy to item placement to drive sales.
    TARGET and their planogram team are masters at item placement and theming. It's one of the reasons people tend to enjoy the overall shopping experience more at Target compared to other retailers....and also tend to spend more money than originally anticipated.

Haven't been in Target since pandemic, but... always go in for a few household items,grocery items, etc...gonna spend maybe $40-50...

Something happens *** insert impulse buys *** check out bill is always around $100, lol!

Quote Originally Posted by brianinok View Post
    I've been in a couple Wal-Mart stores lately-- a super center and a neighborhood market. I was shocked at how "distribution center" feeling they both were. Concrete floors. Industrial shelving. There was no sense of "place" in any department. All the Targets I've been in locally and while traveling (including super, standard, and urban) have all been a vastly superior shopping experience. In all honesty, I do occasionally get annoyed at some selection items (do they really need 6 rows of *this" Crest and not carry "X" Crest at all?), and their fruit quality in Edmond has been horrible all summer (we've bought most of our fruit at Uptown, but we do that a lot of the time anyway). But overall, their selection is good, and the experience is vastly superior than than the competition. I'm willing to pay slightly more for that benefit.
    The older Wal-Marts started out with fairly attractive floor tiles. But in recent years they have been ripped up to leave a polished bare concrete floor. Not at all an attractive look, in my opinion. Surely corporate likes the big advantages with that being reduced floor maintenance with no need to buy new flooring. It's not all unattractive. The flooring of some departments are wood.

Thread Information