Widgets Magazine
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Target

Default Re: Super Target - Quail Springs

The Target at 50th & N. May will get a new parking lot.

$250K building permit application filed today.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Looks like the Edmond Super Target is set to get a big makeover as they are currently accepting bids expected to come in around $3 million.
    How does this compare money wise to the quail springs renovation

Quote Originally Posted by DowntownMan View Post
    How does this compare money wise to the quail springs renovation
    It's hard to say because I just looked this up and the only building permit I could find for that full QS Target remodel was for about $500K. But remember, building permits do not include furniture, fixtures or equipment, which is the lionshare of what they did in the QS store.

So, $3 million for Edmond is a ton of money. I'm sure the remodel will be as extensive if not more so.

Default Re: Target

If any one gets a hand on the renderings, it will be interesting to see if SuperTarget Edmond will be painting the exterior brick white. Quail Springs had the plaster flat style wall and was all the sandstone/tan color, it didn't seem that drastic to paint the exterior white to match the new branding.

SuperTarget Edmond has a tan brick that matches all of the other stores in the shopping center with Lowes. However, both stores were built about the same time and had the same floor plan, just reversed. The Edmond store has already made small updates in signage and some lighting.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    So, $3 million for Edmond is a ton of money. I'm sure the remodel will be as extensive if not more so.
    The Norman SuperTarget renovation had a tab of close to $5 million and that was the newest SuperTarget's built in the OKC Metro around ?2008?

http://www.normantranscript.com/news...3c8c14519.html

Quote Originally Posted by scottk View Post
    The Norman SuperTarget renovation had a tab of close to $5 million and that was the newest SuperTarget's built in the OKC Metro around ?2008?

http://www.normantranscript.com/news...3c8c14519.html
    It was built in 2006.

The Target at NW Expressway and May will soon start a multi-million dollar renovation to convert to one of their new concept stores.

The footprint and entrance won't change but it will get a new facade and signage, a new food court, self-checkout lanes and all the fixtures and floor coverings will be upgraded.

Looks similar to how they remodeled the MWC Target a few months back.

I am excited for the self-service checkouts.

10. Default Re: Target

They did this to the Midwest City store a while back. It's freaking weird if you ask me. It's like walking in to a weird semi-department store with all of these brand collection stations sprinkled around. It's a lot of money invested in a "look", to be sure. But functionally, it doesn't really do much other than fill square footage with unsellable items (fixtures). I guess they think it makes it more trendy or whatever. For me, all the different floorings and mis-matched displays and things just makes the store look like a mis-matched jumble.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bombermwc View Post
    They did this to the Midwest City store a while back. It's freaking weird if you ask me. It's like walking in to a weird semi-department store with all of these brand collection stations sprinkled around. It's a lot of money invested in a "look", to be sure. But functionally, it doesn't really do much other than fill square footage with unsellable items (fixtures). I guess they think it makes it more trendy or whatever. For me, all the different floorings and mis-matched displays and things just makes the store look like a mis-matched jumble.
    You would probably be surprised by how much research and testing goes into these changes. They aren’t just done by interior designers and cool people. Then targeted rollouts are used to confirm before wider application.

They have to find a way to make their stores pleasant places to go in and linger and encourage people to buy more stuff.

Only way to stay relevant in the Amazon era.

I personally like their stores a lot while I abhor Walmart.

Blog Entries

Was in the MWC store this weekend. New design did not stand out enough to me to make me think, wow, I'm so glad they did this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    Was in the MWC store this weekend. New design did not stand out enough to me to make me think, wow, I'm so glad they did this.
    The changes are sort of like advertising.... it targets (no pun intended) customers they wish to get while retaining customers they already have and hopefully adding additional sales to existing sq ft.

Also, think of it sort of like urban design. If you make the street level more interesting and pleasant you tend to linger and go in and out of the shops, hopefully doing more commerce along the way.

I think that because department stores like Macy's and even Penny's are struggling, Target is inching up to grab those customers who still want to get out and shop but won't pay department store prices. As department stores struggle, Target is betting they can relocate their customers to them.

I imagine with this proposed remodel, that we will not be lucky enough to land the mini Apple shop as part of the remodel.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...ations-US.html

16. Default Re: Target

I am only just starting to go in stores again because of Covid, but I have spent some time in the remodeled Edmond SuperTarget. I think the new color schemes are pleasing, but I really like the new layouts. They make so much more sense than the previous ones at SuperTarget. Like and similar products are actually closer together and in the same departments now. The only negative is they've taken some easy front-to-back aisles away, so you have to zigzag in a few places you didn't have to before.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    I imagine with this proposed remodel, that we will not be lucky enough to land the mini Apple shop as part of the remodel.

No, but it looks like the Target on Penn/Memorial is getting it.

18. Default Re: Target

Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post

Mini-Apple-is?

Yes, I saw elsewhere that the Quail Springs Target will be one of the first 17 stores to get the mini Apple Store:

Most of the work on the Memorial Target Apple pad is done. Just waiting for the general contractor to finish up a couple of things.

Visiting this store yesterday, I mentioned this reno to my daughter, and she asked, "Why?" Good question. The store frankly looks very nice and clean as it is now.

22. Default Re: Target

The MWC store doesn't have the Apple one, but they did set up little areas like that for certain products like Samsung. So it's brand collected rather than function collected.

I guess some people like that, but i prefer to have all the like functions together so i can compare across brands at the same spot. Same for clothing/etc. The way some of this stuff is organized now just means more walking to do that. We've all seen how lazy people are so now they just leave the comparison item on the shelf in the wrong area so staff has to come by and put it back where it belongs whereas before, it probably would have just stayed on the wall hook.

I guess im an old fart.

This is the Apple area at the N. Penn Target from today.

Very close to finishing up.

The big renovation at 5400 N. May has commenced.

They have a bunch of containers in the parking lot and have started to tear up the flooring.

I also received a mailer today for $5 off due to the construction.

Please be gentle with me PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I find Target so overrated. I'm so sorry :'( I really do though

Thread Information