Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Target

HangryHippo Guest

Default Re: Super Target - Quail Springs

Quote Originally Posted by d-usa View Post
    Somewhat random observation: as much as I hate the whole self checkout development, the machines at Target are so much more pleasant. I don’t think they weigh your purchases as I have never gotten a “unexpected item” or “place item in bag” message since the remodel. They used to be just as finicky as the ones at Walmart, and I always had to have an employee clear my register after placing my empty shopping bags on them before beginning to scan my items. Now they just don’t seem to care. Maybe they think the shoplifting crowd sticks to Walmart.
    I've noticed the same thing. However Target does it, it's really nice.

2. Default Re: Super Target - Quail Springs

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I've noticed the same thing. However Target does it, it's really nice.
    Targets are the nicest for sure. Crest and Walmart are awful. Home Depot's are pretty good as well.

My only negative is the inability to type in produce IDs.

Quote Originally Posted by FighttheGoodFight View Post
    Targets are the nicest for sure. Crest and Walmart are awful. Home Depot's are pretty good as well.
    Lowe's also works great. NIcest thing about Lowe's and Home Depot's is that you can hit a button that says "skip bagging" so you won't have to screw with it trying to get it to recognize something that you put in there and you can just keep going...

Quote Originally Posted by d-usa View Post
    My only negative is the inability to type in produce IDs.
    Went again today, had to pick up a bell pepper, and this time I noticed the field to enter the PLU right next to the scrolling list. So I'm not sure what I was looking at last time I was there that I didn't find it.

Quote Originally Posted by scottk View Post
    The Edmond Super TARGET is going through a similar renovation, just not as extensive. The west side of the parking lot has a dumpster full of the old green triangle grocery signage and all of the colored neon is no longer on the top part of the walls on the inside. Gray is the dominate color on the walls, but the front of the store and electronics have a full rich TARGET red wall. Many of the items in the store have been re-arranged. For example, small appliances are now in the back of the store where Automotive use to be, while vacuums and storage containers have moved closer to the front of the store on the back side of the CVS Pharmacy.
    The Edmond stores remodel is scheduled for June/July 2018, when completed it will be identical to Quail store only reversed. Grocery on the right/Electronics on the left.

Quote Originally Posted by Filifan View Post
    The Edmond stores remodel is scheduled for June/July 2018, when completed it will be identical to Quail store only reversed. Grocery on the right/Electronics on the left.
    I call it the Bizzaro Target because everything is flipped.

They are adding big red panels to the front of building this week so it won’t all be grey.

The grocery section is basically done now, Guest services is all that remains to be completed.

On the “self checkout” front: forgot my lunch and stopped at the Walmart by work to pick up a few things.

Scan first item: This machine broken, cards only with no cash back. Push okay and put item in bag.
    “Unexpected item in bagging area”, take it out, “place item in bag”, put it in, “unexpected item in bagging area”, push “I don’t want to bag” and throw it in my cart.
    Enter PLU for apple, wait 30 seconds for machine to acknowledge this.
    Pay, insert card twice before it reads it.

4 items, 6 error messages, and that’s why the “Target is more expensive because you pay an ‘at least it’s not Walmart’ tax” joke exists.

New signage being installed in the front, and the grocery section is nearing completion:

Very nice!

Whats with the power cords coming down from the ceiling for the produce tables? Doesn't look very aesthetically pleasing.

I think it’s just temporary power, there used to be more of them but they have slowly disappeared.

I guess its still going to be branded "Super Target". Also, it doesn't look like there will be a dedicated order pickup like we saw in a rendering at the beginning of the thread.

The tent and containers are gone from the parking lot.

Looking at the aerial view, any plans in the works for the land behind Target and the shopping center?

For the the TARGET faithful, what are the thoughts on in-store music being pumped in through various parts of the new layout? Up to this point TARGET stores have been known for their lack of "in-store music" and PA system with very few guest announcements, except for when the store is closing. Part of the "quiet" is what makes the store an enjoyable experience.

Quote Originally Posted by scottk View Post
    For the the TARGET faithful, what are the thoughts on in-store music being pumped in through various parts of the new layout? Up to this point TARGET stores have been known for their lack of "in-store music" and PA system with very few guest announcements, except for when the store is closing. Part of the "quiet" is what makes the store an enjoyable experience.
    I was there last Saturday when they had an actual DJ (or at least someone at a table that looked like a DJ) and special speakers truly blaring the music for the Grand Re-Opening... I enjoyed that loud music! I was there today too and did not notice anything out of the usual about the music so I guess I do not mind.

I am a huge fan of the remodel! I stopped grocery shopping at Target years ago because they had a major issue with being out of what I needed but so far (2 weeks in) it seems like they have fixed that issue and got much more competitive on their grocery pricing! I'm buying what they're selling.

Quote Originally Posted by oklip955 View Post
    Looking at the aerial view, any plans in the works for the land behind Target and the shopping center?
    Eventually yes. I gave some budget numbers to a customer before I moved for site improvements on that plot of land

Quote Originally Posted by oklip955 View Post
    Fun fact. There's a sizable homeless camp on that land a bit farther to the East where the trees surround the drainage. OCPD Homeless Outreach roll their SUVs across that big field a few times a month to make contact with them.

There was a $5 million building permit issued for the Norman (University North Park) Target and I assume it will be the next in the area to get the New Concept treatment.

23. Default Re: Super Target - Quail Springs

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    There was a $5 million building permit issued for the Norman (University North Park) Target and I assume it will be the next in the area to get the New Concept treatment.
    Half the parking lot is full of mobile shipping containers. I would say they are starting soon.

Are grocers who are remodeling taking into account the changing liquor laws coming this fall?

When I lived in Charlotte, most (but not all) grocery stores had extensive beer/wine selections in dedicated sections of the stores. I am interested to see if we are going to start seeing that here or if grocers are going to stick to a more limited selection of beers and bottom shelf wines.

Looks like the Edmond Super Target is set to get a big makeover as they are currently accepting bids expected to come in around $3 million.

Thread Information