Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Target

Default Re: SuperTarget - Quail Springs

Quote Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
    That really is quite shortsighted. Only a year and a half before Oklahoma joins the rest of the nation with normal alcohol laws.
    Plans for something this extensive couldn't possibly have been completed in expectation of such a change - especially considering this is likely part of a prototype for their remodels across the country and has probably been years in the making. In the grand scheme of things, they can almost certainly accommodate the new store to their best avail themselves of the alcohol law changes and barely affect the overall new concept.

Looks like they have started construction inside. They have started rearranging everything and have a large space cleared in the back for the new electronics department.

A couple more pictures of what to expect when the remodel finishes. These are from the first 8 North Texas stores that just had their grand re-opening over the weekend.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	target1.jpg 
Views:	267 
Size:	294.8 KB 
ID:	13934Click image for larger version. 

Name:	target2.jpg 
Views:	254 
Size:	74.7 KB 
ID:	13935

...and a remodel in progress in Shawnee, KS.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C-QA8xKWsAATgKe.jpg 
Views:	239 
Size:	158.9 KB 
ID:	13936Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DCu300FVYAE_vg7.jpg 
Views:	247 
Size:	122.7 KB 
ID:	13937

Looks like the rear left corner is close to finishing up, and it gives you a good idea at what the frozen/refrigerated area will look like:

Still very much a work in progress, and I'll be glad when it's all finally done. But I really like the parts that are finished.

6. Default Re: SuperTarget - Quail Springs

Nice!

The project is approaching completion. The Deli, bakery, and Meats are draped off right now. Produce shouldn't shouldn't take that long. That will involved knocking a hole in the roof to put in a skylight if they are doing the same they did at the Texas stores.

8. Default Re: SuperTarget - Quail Springs

So apparently the new color for Target is drab grey now. Kinda silly considering red is the color they're known by.

Ugh, i get so tired of seeing everyone turn things grey and calling it modern. Its so boring and lacks....COLOR!

Quote Originally Posted by bombermwc View Post
    So apparently the new color for Target is drab grey now. Kinda silly considering red is the color they're known by.

Ugh, i get so tired of seeing everyone turn things grey and calling it modern. Its so boring and lacks....COLOR!
    If it matches the color of the inside, they will probably have some red thrown in there, maybe the front?

But dull colors, like gray, white and beige offend the least customers. Super Wal-Marts used to be of brighter colors on the outside.

It doesn't feel that way in the pictures, but being inside the store it feels like the red is still very much a part of the Target branding. Most of the front and rear walls are red, many of the signs are still red, outside of the grocery section it seems that the wayfinding remains red, the register area is still red, and the carts are still red. You still get the "red Target" experience, without feeling like you walked into Beverly's bathroom.

Blog Entries

Grey helps other colors stand out ...things like merchandise. Bombardment of color doesn't necessarily bring life or interest. Sometimes less Is actually more. I think the new use of the red looks very striking and a more refined.

I think the grey makes it look too dark. I would've gone with a lighter base color.

14. Default Re: SuperTarget - Quail Springs

The reason, as many has stated above, is the grey colors make other colors pop. It also looks and feels cleaner, which I'm sure relaxes the customer.

This is why you've seen such a surge of it in homes in this HGTV generation we live in. It provides a clean look, but also allows you to add all the colors on your walls without making it permanent.

I have a 360 camera, might take it there and do a walk through with it to put on YouTube.

I so 100% agree with this. I can't take all the gray, looks like a prison (more so in houses than this Target, but it has more than I'd like). They've painted the South side of the building, and it literally looks like a Wal-Mart now.

Still waiting on taking a trip there with the time to do a walk-through.

The produce section is about halfway done, and the deli section is still boarded up. They are about halfway done with painting the outside:

To quote my 4-year old daughter, who knows the difference between Target and Walmart as the red shop and the blue shop: "what are they doing to the red shop?"

An employee at Target told me the official grand reopening is Nov 4th. Live music, food trucks, and Thunder players will be there.

Took some more pictures today, and I tried to get more of the red that is present throughout the store. I think they did a good job keeping it as an accent color to show it as part of their branding. The only area where there is really no red present is the grocery area.

For the rest of the store I think they have managed to differentiate themselves from Walmart pretty nicely (aside from the outside looking like a Walmart clone with red Target signs right now). To me it feels more like a proper department store now, more closely aligned with Kohl's than Walmart.

Thanks!

I took a bunch last week and never got around to posting them.

I really like what they've done thus far. Will be interesting to see if they change out all the white floor. In the area where they have done that, it looks amazingly better and more upscale.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Thanks!

I took a bunch last week and never got around to posting them.

I really like what they've done thus far. Will be interesting to see if they change out all the white floor. In the area where they have done that, it looks amazingly better and more upscale.
    It will still be white tile. They have already replaced the previous white tile with new white tile. The only thing they different is the gray border around the main pathways.

Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    It will still be white tile. They have already replaced the previous white tile with new white tile. The only thing they different is the gray border around the main pathways.
    Suppose they still want the bright ambiance.

Default Re: Super Target - Quail Springs

The Edmond Super TARGET is going through a similar renovation, just not as extensive. The west side of the parking lot has a dumpster full of the old green triangle grocery signage and all of the colored neon is no longer on the top part of the walls on the inside. Gray is the dominate color on the walls, but the front of the store and electronics have a full rich TARGET red wall. Many of the items in the store have been re-arranged. For example, small appliances are now in the back of the store where Automotive use to be, while vacuums and storage containers have moved closer to the front of the store on the back side of the CVS Pharmacy.

Somewhat random observation: as much as I hate the whole self checkout development, the machines at Target are so much more pleasant. I don’t think they weigh your purchases as I have never gotten a “unexpected item” or “place item in bag” message since the remodel. They used to be just as finicky as the ones at Walmart, and I always had to have an employee clear my register after placing my empty shopping bags on them before beginning to scan my items. Now they just don’t seem to care. Maybe they think the shoplifting crowd sticks to Walmart.

Thread Information