Widgets Magazine

Thread: 18th Annual Gathering of the Juggalos

Default 18th Annual Gathering of the Juggalos

I kid you not, ladies and gentlemen. The new home to the Gathering of the Juggalos is OKC's own Lost Lakes Amphitheatre. Truly, a beautiful gift.

http://www.juggalogathering.com/home

In all seriousness, this may very well be the largest convention/gathering/festival we have this year. It will be interesting to see how long it will stay here. You guys better go buy your Faygo Cola now before it sells out.

Default Re: 18th Annual Gathering of the Juggalos

They have plans to march on DC in September.

https://consequenceofsound.net/2017/...lassification/

Uhg. Not something I want us known for. As for largest event, Dead Center draws 30k or so attendees. Pride is pretty big too. We also have Izumicon, SoonerCon, and now Wizard World (which draws tens of thousands). All much better showcases IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by jerrywall View Post
    Uhg. Not something I want us known for. As for largest event, Dead Center draws 30k or so attendees. Pride is pretty big too. We also have Izumicon, SoonerCon, and now Wizard World (which draws tens of thousands). All much better showcases IMO.
    Better? Certainly. Although, Izumicon may very well be the worst run Anime Convention in the US. But at least SoonerCon is awesome, and Super Bit Con is growing pretty dang fast. Wizard World obviously is another good get. But I'm still not sure any of those will be as large as this. I've been trying to find the attendance records of the previous GotJ but that's easier said than done.

But anyway, I find this pretty damn weird. Would have never guessed OKC would get something as oddball as this. But I totally want to go. I want to film it. I've been to a ton of Anime/Comic/Themed conventions and the hotels and convention centers are always generally trashed. Same with the camp ground for the few music festivals I've been too. I'd love to see what Lost Lakes will look like the day after this is done.

You've been to SoonerCon? I was the chair from 2006 to 2016 so happy to hear positive feedback. I don't like to talk down other cons like Izumicon, because I try to support local. But I like to think the years I ran SoonerCon were something special. A decade as a con chair is pretty rare, but I'm bald now, thanks to it.

Oh wow, really? That's awesome! I'm part of Jedi OKC and participate somewhat actively in it. In my humble opinion, SoonerCon is far and away the best con in the state. Tokyo in Tulsa isn't too far behind, but really has no room to grow. And now Super Bit Con isn't far behind at all. Way way way way down there is Izumicon. Whoever runs it has absolutely no idea what they are doing and unfortunately I don't think it will last much longer. I've been to the last 3 Izumicons and Tokyo in Tulsa's. Went to just last year's Super Bit Con. I went to I think the 2nd and 3rd SoonerCon back when I was at OU, then skipped a few years, but I've been to the past 4 I think? Those are all the local based ones I've been to, and I can say without a doubt SoonerCon is the best run one of them all. I've always enjoyed it. Can't wait to see it's growth! You did a fantastic job running it! And this is coming from someone who goes to A-Kon, Anime Fest and Fan Expo down in Dallas a lot, and I've Been to a few cons in Kansas City, St. Louis and I've made it to one Blizzcon.

It's unfortunate I didnt formally meet you. But if you are going to be at SoonerCon this year, I'll would definitely like to make it a point to meet up and chat!

Quote Originally Posted by Colbafone View Post
    Oh wow, really? That's awesome! I'm part of Jedi OKC and participate somewhat actively in it. In my humble opinion, SoonerCon is far and away the best con in the state. Tokyo in Tulsa isn't too far behind, but really has no room to grow. And now Super Bit Con isn't far behind at all. Way way way way down there is Izumicon. Whoever runs it has absolutely no idea what they are doing and unfortunately I don't think it will last much longer. I've been to the last 3 Izumicons and Tokyo in Tulsa's. Went to just last year's Super Bit Con. I went to I think the 2nd and 3rd SoonerCon back when I was at OU, then skipped a few years, but I've been to the past 4 I think? Those are all the local based ones I've been to, and I can say without a doubt SoonerCon is the best run one of them all. I've always enjoyed it. Can't wait to see it's growth! You did a fantastic job running it! And this is coming from someone who goes to A-Kon, Anime Fest and Fan Expo down in Dallas a lot, and I've Been to a few cons in Kansas City, St. Louis and I've made it to one Blizzcon.

It's unfortunate I didnt formally meet you. But if you are going to be at SoonerCon this year, I'll would definitely like to make it a point to meet up and chat!
    I will be there, so look me up. I'm not involved anymore as I had to eventually retire, but I'll be there and around. Ask anyone where I'm at (Jerry Wall is my real name) and they'll point me out or call me. A lot of the Jedi OKC folks know me (Len, Evan, Rick, etc). They can point me out too.

guys. we're talking about juggalos here ;–)

Quote Originally Posted by jerrywall View Post
    I will be there, so look me up. I'm not involved anymore as I had to eventually retire, but I'll be there and around. Ask anyone where I'm at (Jerry Wall is my real name) and they'll point me out or call me. A lot of the Jedi OKC folks know me (Len, Evan, Rick, etc). They can point me out too.
    Will do!

Quote Originally Posted by OkieHornet View Post
    guys. we're talking about juggalos here ;–)
    Ah! You're so right, apologies! I really can't decide how I feel about this. On one hand, its the Gathering of the Juggalos and with that comes the stereotypes and stigmas. On the other, I really really really want to go to just take it in. Lost Lakes really is amping it up though. That's good to see!

Ah! You're so right, apologies! I really can't decide how I feel about this. On one hand, its the Gathering of the Juggalos and with that comes the stereotypes and stigmas. On the other, I really really really want to go to just take it in. Lost Lakes really is amping it up though. That's good to see!
    If it wasn't so expensive, I would totally go. It would be like the perfect people of walmart/state fair watching event.

Yeah I don't identify in any way to anything juggalo, but I wanna go!!!

Looks like Insane Clown Posse does plan to be there. It's listed on their tour schedule.

14. Default Re: 18th Annual Gathering of the Juggalos

This video really sums it up. Joe Goes Juggalo NSFW! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulGaxBPk2jI)

Quote Originally Posted by mkjeeves View Post
    Looks like Insane Clown Posse does plan to be there. It's listed on their tour schedule.
    It's the Gathering man. Of course they are going to be there. It would be like Adam Silver not going to the NBA finals or something.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	17884659_1556616664349710_2600104137413358946_n.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	51.7 KB 
ID:	13754

Just a friendly reminder that this starts today. The only place left to buy them is at either Guestroom Records location for $190, cash only!

Thread Information