Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ten 01 West

Default Ten 01 West

What is going in at Memorial and Western? I see Duit construction has their equipment set up and seems like a big job. Anyone know?

Default Re: Memorial and Western?

The road widening project

Quote Originally Posted by okc_bel_air View Post
    AKA...the Kilpatrick Turnpike widening project.

4. Default Re: Memorial and Western?

Quote Originally Posted by OKCisOK4me View Post
    AKA...the Kilpatrick Turnpike widening project.
    There was suposed to be a retail development there called Quail Springs Ranch. They put it on hold in 2009 when the recession hit. It is still showing active on their web site. http://retailendeavorsgroup.com/ I am not saying it is finally moving, just an observation.

I'm not sure that's what he's referring to. It looks like they are clearing an area for a building. This is north of the Kilpatrick, and not near the construction. I tried to find it on Google, but I can't remember exactly which pad it is.

The area just north between the turnpike memorial and west of Western is the area used by the concrete making machinery. They crush old concrete and rocks to help manufacture the new concrete for the new road.

The area just north between the turnpike memorial and west of Western is the area used by the concrete making machinery. They crush old concrete and rocks to help manufacture the new concrete for the new road.
    I stand corrected! lol

It has to be road work. Duit Construction is highway construction, not structural construction.

ONCUE has just bought up a bunch of land on the south east corner section of Memorial and Western..was in the paper last week...as a matter of fact about 3 million dollars worth of real estate...

Good, cause that old Burger King and that Phillips 66 need to go. That would be an amazing improvement for that intersection!

I would like to plug a nearby restaurant we enjoy, Szechuan Bistro. It is located just east of this intersection on the south side of Memorial Rd.

Default The Shops at Memorial Crossing

I noticed a new sign today at the old shopping center on the northeast corner of Memorial and Western that said "coming soon The Shops at Memorial Crossing". Anyone hear anything about this. I don't have high hopes it will be anything spectator but anything is better than a old gas station foundation or half a demolished shopping center. I know this changed ownership back in July and half the shopping center burned down back in December.

Default Re: The Shops at Memorial Crossing

The liquor store that was on the south end was probably one hot fire. I remember back in the early 80's, there was a club upstairs in the unit on the north end of that strip.

There was a building permit to add on to the center by RBA Architects, who does nice work.

The property is owned by the same attorney that bought and renovated the Midtown building for Nic's Diner & Lounge.

RBA is also doing the Shoppes at Quail Springs and the new Canopy Hotel.

Should be a huge improvement.

That sounds promising. I was mostly concern due to the lackluster effort to demolish the burnout section of the shopping center. They left a couple of steel beams and the back wall leaning which in turn fell over a short time later. The gas station was only demolished probably because it was deemed structurally unsafe after a storm caused the roof to collapse.

16. Default Re: The Shops at Memorial Crossing

This will be a great looking shopping center. RBA does quality building.

17. Default Re: The Shops at Memorial Crossing

Nice. I have to drive by this eyesore every day

I'm really surprised that it has not been cleaned up sooner. It looks terrible.

Here is a preliminary concept of the new strip mall that is proposed. Looks like the plan is to develop all that land on that corner and demolish the current strip mall along with the old sonic.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Shoppes at Memorial Crossing.jpg 
Views:	3833 
Size:	839.1 KB 
ID:	13657

Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    Here is a preliminary concept of the new strip mall that is proposed. Looks like the plan is to develop all that land on that corner and demolish the current strip mall along with the old sonic.

so does this surround the Taco Bueno? Sort of looks like it with that gap in the rendering.

^^

Surrounds Waffle House & Bueno

Far North The Shoppes at Memorial Crossing

High-traffic intersection to get new retail

By: Molly M. Fleming The Journal Record April 7, 2017

OKLAHOMA CITY – A new shopping center is being developed at a bustling northwest Oklahoma City corner.

Attorney Gary Homsey is working with architect Rick Brown on The Shoppes at Memorial Crossing. The center is at the northeast corner of W. Memorial Road and N. Western Avenue. Broker Donald Hayes is already working with tenants for the new development.

Homsey is demolishing the existing center’s east building, which runs north and south. The south building, which runs east and west, will be renovated for the new site.

He said he bought the center about 10 months ago.

“Everything you hear, read, and see suggests that the quadrant from Chisholm Creek and going north is going to be a tremendous area for growth, with retail and residential activity,” he said.

More than 40,000 cars pass the intersection each day, with 100,000 cars seeing it from the turnpike.

The center was not on the market, he said. He knew the previous owner, talked to him, and was able to complete the deal.

The Shoppes at Memorial Crossing will have a 14,600-square-foot L-shaped building, with a 6,600-square-foot out-parcel, Hayes said. Homsey owns another 10 acres behind the center, so an additional 100,000 square feet of large anchor tenants will be sought as well, said Hayes.

“We’ve had a lot of retailers look at the intersection,” Hayes said. “There’s a lot of interest.”

The center is directly north of Topgolf and Cabela’s, and east of Main Event Entertainment. Those businesses make the site one of the best locations in the city, Hayes said.

The Ambassador Shop has been in the center since 1986. Homsey said he’s talked to the owners about staying in the center. Their green-awning-clad building will be updated, Homsey said.

“The rents will be commensurate with the market and the area,” he said.

The center’s final design is still in the works. Homsey said he’s been working on the site for a while. There was a gas station at the immediate corner, so old gas tanks had to be removed.

Construction on the new center should start in the next few months, he said. Hayes said this will be the first time something new has been built on the site since the 1980s.

“I think it’s something everyone will be proud of,” Homsey said. “We’re excited to get started. We want to develop a nice-looking property on the going-home side of the Kilpatrick.”

Default Re: The Shoppes at Memorial Crossing (NE/C of Memorial and Western)

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    Hayes said this will be the first time something new has been built on the site since the 1980s.
    Waffle House and Taco Bueno beg to differ...

I pass through that intersection twice a day, five days a week. It can be a real joy to traverse during rush hour. I can only imagine what it will be like with the extra traffic generated by the new retail when it's all done.

They should put an i in there and call them the Shoppies.

Thread Information