Widgets Magazine
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Nonesuch

Default Re: Nonesuch

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    From https://www.forbes.com/sites/aliciak...ing-to-notice/ on Apr 5:

"It’s a worthy discussion to be sure, as menu prices at limited-service concepts are up about 8% over 2020, while full-service restaurants are charging about 6% more. These increases come as operators navigate a confluence of cost pressures, from gas to commodities to labor, in an inflationary environment not seen in about 40 years."

What is so unique about Nonesuch that their price increase is 5-7 times more than other restaurants?
    Could it be volume? Nonesuch only has a set number of guest per night, whereas a traditional restaurant has a more varied number of customers.

2. Default Re: Nonesuch

Doesn't Nonsuch pride themselves on their "Foraged" food? I could have sworn that was the focus, so food costs should be pretty low for most veg. However, you need to remember they have a few new high end restaurants opening in the First National, so increasing the price will make them seem that much better than the rest. Maybe they keep selling out and they're sorting out the supply and demand of their product. That being said, I could not afford it at $125, let alone $175.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Beard Face View Post
    Doesn't Nonsuch pride themselves on their "Foraged" food? I could have sworn that was the focus, so food costs should be pretty low for most veg. However, you need to remember they have a few new high end restaurants opening in the First National, so increasing the price will make them seem that much better than the rest. Maybe they keep selling out and they're sorting out the supply and demand of their product. That being said, I could not afford it at $125, let alone $175.
    I'm guessing they did research and found that they could charge $175 without any impact (losing too many customers) and just did it...

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Beard Face View Post
    they forage for what they can each season and hit up the farmers market, they buy everything local.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bj_lLIGaZBc

5. Default Re: Nonesuch

We go about once a year and another $50 a person isn't going to stop us.... It's a special occasion meal for us and we don't limit the price tag on our special occasions.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger S View Post
    We go about once a year and another $50 a person isn't going to stop us.... It's a special occasion meal for us and we don't limit the price tag on our special occasions.
    for sure, Sons and Daughters in SF will put a dent in your wallet especially if you have wine with dinner

Quote Originally Posted by Roger S View Post
    We went last year, were planning on going this year and probably a couple of times in the year after that, all special occasions, but we eat at a lot of places that are sort of expensive anyway (spent $140 for both of us at Social Deck + Dining for our 28th anniversary this weekend), and there are plenty of other special occasion restaurants we need to try, so we've been once, and are just moving on...

YOu're catching an unusual amount of flak for just saying it's out of your range. It's not that big of a deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Vu View Post
    YOu're catching an unusual amount of flak for just saying it's out of your range. It's not that big of a deal.
    Yeah I've never even been because the price is too much for me, personally. Nothing wrong with it, I just would rather spend that kind of money on other things at the moment. Maybe some day it'll hold more appeal to me. I still enjoy hearing about the experience, though.

Quote Originally Posted by citywokchinesefood View Post
    You are being obtuse and it is making you look a bit silly. Literally everything a restaurant purchases has gone up, and is continuing to go up in price. Bouldersooner was simply providing an example of a major price increase. A quick look on sysco and I can see that chicken thighs have gone from $81 a case in march to $120 currently, to go drink cups have literally doubled in price over the last 2 years, and I could go line by line and find similarly large increases in cost. Do not get me started on the insane price of gloves for food prep and service. Labor costs have gone up substantially as well, the hospitality industry is FINALLY starting to pay staff more reasonable wages. At this point if your restaurant has staffing problems you are not paying well enough and someone else is. We can also get into things like utility pricing increases, covid ppe supplies, etc. It's alright that you do not feel it is worth $175/plate, lucky for you OKC has a ton of great restaurants you can go to instead.
    thank you

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    From https://www.forbes.com/sites/aliciak...ing-to-notice/ on Apr 5:

"It’s a worthy discussion to be sure, as menu prices at limited-service concepts are up about 8% over 2020, while full-service restaurants are charging about 6% more. These increases come as operators navigate a confluence of cost pressures, from gas to commodities to labor, in an inflationary environment not seen in about 40 years."

What is so unique about Nonesuch that their price increase is 5-7 times more than other restaurants?
    other restaurants are cutting their margin to try to remain in business .. hoping that their cost will go back down ... (doubt they will ) None such is not worried about staying in business so they can charge the appropriate price relative to their costs ..

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    other restaurants are cutting their margin to try to remain in business .. hoping that their cost will go back down ... (doubt they will ) None such is not worried about staying in business so they can charge the appropriate price relative to their costs ..
    Exactly - they can get away with raising their prices 40%, so they did. We tried it once, it was cool. Maybe for our 50th wedding anniversary if they're still around and not $350/person.

Press release:

NONESUCH

We are proud to announce new ownership at Nonesuch.

Under the guidance of Kelly Whitaker’s Id Est, the most decorated group for restaurant and sustainability awards in the United States, we will increase our focus on environmental impact while continuing to deliver a stellar dining experience led by General Manager and Partner Chad Luman and Chef Garrett Hare. Id Est is known for Michelin-starred restaurants in Denver, their James Beard Foundation Award Nomination for Outstanding Restaurateur, and their boundary-pushing team.

Starting in June, Nonesuch will offer two distinct experiences:

Nonesuch Chef’s Counter: an intimate 22-seat chef's tasting menu experience inspired by fields, farmers, and Oklahoma terroir. The menu is based on hyper-local sourcing, in-house grain milling, and vast fermentation practices.

The Den: an experimental, abbreviated six-seat experience inviting guests to be part of the research and development process. The menu will showcase dishes in the works by the Nonesuch culinary team. The Den also welcomes walk-in guests for bar snacks and cocktails, as well as visitors before or after their Nonesuch Chef’s Counter tasting menu experience.

I feel like this is the best thing of Nonesuch, Id Est is a fantastic group that has multiple Michelin Stars, they know this type of restaurant and will do a great job with them.

15. Default Re: Nonesuch

I saw the girls at Living Kitchen Farm drop a hint after their collab with nonesuch.... Which by the way the collab sold out in 4 seconds after seats went live.

Interesting that the price per person is now $135-150, and the Den per person price is $85. Guess $175 per person wasn't sustainable...

Thread Information