Widgets Magazine

Thread: Texas Rangers - 2023 World Series Champs

Default Texas Rangers - 2023 World Series Champs

I've been a Rangers fan my whole life and watching them win last night after the devasting loss back in 2011 was amazing.

Cheers to all the other fans out there!

Let's go Rangers!

Default Re: Texas Rangers - 2023 World Series Champs

Agreed!

Incredible season by them. I wouldn’t consider myself a Rangers fan but my grandparents lived down the street from the stadium in Arlington and I’d often visit them in the summer during baseball season. Between that and the Rangers being the major league affiliate of the 89ers/Redhawks, they were my introduction to the appeal of the class system and the glamour of making it to the majors. Seeing them win it all for the first time has been special just as a baseball fan.

I watch baseball pretty closely but there are only a handful of players on the Rangers l would consider "known" players. It seems they are mostly unknowns.

5. Default Re: Texas Rangers - 2023 World Series Champs

Quote Originally Posted by Mountaingoat View Post
    I watch baseball pretty closely but there are only a handful of players on the Rangers l would consider "known" players. It seems they are mostly unknowns.
    That's the entire MLB problem. They can't market athletes. It is so strange.

Go Rangers! Glad they got one. Fun series to watch!

Quote Originally Posted by FighttheGoodFight View Post

It doesn't help that the culture of baseball seems to actively discourage showmanship. The NHL has a similar problem. Also, two of the most marketable stars in the sport are stuck on one of the most incompetent franchises in MLB, although that's at least likely to change with Ohtani starting next season.

Quote Originally Posted by FighttheGoodFight View Post

I may be showing my age but l don't think l could name 3 of the 2023 Rangers where l could name all the players on the Big Red Machine Cincinnati Reds, the Boston Red Sox of a few years ago or the Rangers when Nolan Ryan was still playing.

You all aren't wrong on the players not being that well known. I think I also saw something where this is one of the least watch World Series. Kind of a bummer to see, but I think baseball in general has taken a hit. I still really enjoy a good baseball game when I see one.

I can see that being an all Texas Series. If it had been the Royalss and the Cardinals, l probably wouldn't have watched.

Thread Information