Widgets Magazine

Thread: Air fryer

Default Air fryer

I've been seeing a lot of these go on sale, and I was wondering if anybody had any experiences with one?

Only negative I see on these things is that they might leave a weird smell, maybe of plastic burning?

2. Default Re: Air fryer

Tried one. We returned it. Just wasn't the same when it came to things like fries.

3. Default Re: Air fryer

Its not really a fryer is the issue. It is more of a convention oven.

4. Default Re: Air fryer

Love mine! Made some of the best wings and homemade fries in it and it's way easier to clean.

Also like making bacon wrapped asparagus in it.

It's not without it's drawbacks though. You definitely don't want to overcrowd it.

Default Re: Air fryer

Quote Originally Posted by OK BBQ Eater Anonymous View Post
    Love mine! Made some of the best wings and homemade fries in it and it's way easier to clean.

Also like making bacon wrapped asparagus in it.

It's not without it's drawbacks though. You definitely don't want to overcrowd it.
    What model do you have?

6. Default Re: Air fryer

Quote Originally Posted by FighttheGoodFight View Post
    Its not really a fryer is the issue. It is more of a convention oven.
    That's what i've heard. So if you throw some Ore Ida in it, then it's fine, but if you try to use something fresh like potatoes or veggies, then they come out like crap. So i though, well if I'm just baking the Ore Ida bag, why wouldn't i just put it in the oven like i do already and save myself yet another single use appliance that i have to hand wash?

7. Default Re: Air fryer

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Vu View Post
    What model do you have?
    Don't remember the model # off th top of my head but it's a Phillips.

Quote Originally Posted by bombermwc View Post
    That's what i've heard. So if you throw some Ore Ida in it, then it's fine, but if you try to use something fresh like potatoes or veggies, then they come out like crap. So i though, well if I'm just baking the Ore Ida bag, why wouldn't i just put it in the oven like i do already and save myself yet another single use appliance that i have to hand wash?
    Guess that depends on your perspective.... From my perspective throwing some Ore-Ida fries in it is throwing crap in it. I make some really good home made fries in mine. Take a look at this pic of some poutine I made and tell me those fries don't look good. They were crispy on the outside and creamy on the inside just like I like my fries to be.

Just about anything I've wrapped in bacon has turned out excellent with crispy bacon and tender veggies being the result.... I've bacon wrapped cream cheese stuffed mushrooms, asparagus, and corn on the cob.... The corn on the cob turned out incredible.... Who knew that pig fat on corn made it taste better than butter?

We've also cooked green beans, and parsnips, in it with good results. We also enjoy taking a large portabella mushroom, destemming and raking out the gills, put some pizza toppings in it, cover it with sauce and cheese and air frying them... It's a quick and healthier version of pizza.

We also make parmesan crusted chicken nuggets that come out tasting almost exactly like Chick-Fil-A nuggets and we have made some dry brined chicken breasts stuffed with cream cheese spinach and sun dried tomatoes that were pretty amazing too.

My air fryer is also dishwasher safe and doesn't heat up my kitchen like my gas oven does. So it's my go to device for anything I would cook in the oven during the summer months. Not to mention it's ready to go in a matter of minutes and cooks the food in half the time that the oven does.

Now if you are cooking for a crowd it's not a great device for that. We are usually cooking for two and have cooked entire meals in ours.

Thread Information