Widgets Magazine

Thread: The Trophy Room - What is Next?

South OKC The Trophy Room - What is Next?

I have never been to The Trophy Room, but I noticed it closed down around January 1st. I was wanting to find out what is going to replace it as it appears that the interior is being gutted. It may be any thing, even demolition.

I really hope it is not going to be another topless club because OKC is saturated with these clubs, & many of them are barely making it. The Trophy room did not get very good reviews, so it is no real surprise that it closed down. I think it would be a lesson in futility to place another topless club in this location. OK informed South siders your info would be appreciated.

Default Re: The Trophy Room - What is Next?

The building permit just shows $15,000 for a remodel.

Doesn't name a tenant or use.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    The building permit just shows $15,000 for a remodel.
    yikes... that does not bode well.

just doing a bit of digging... looks like the property was foreclosed on in 2015 and picked up at a sherrif's sale (by a previous owner) on 10/28/2016, then sold to another llc on 1/9/2017.

...and just fyi, there's a second permit that's still in review valued at $40k... still, $55k doesn't cover much. (pun totally not intended)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    ...and just fyi, there's a second permit that's still in review valued at $40k... still, $55k doesn't cover much. (pun totally not intended)
    Nice Martin!!!! LMFAO!!!

I'm not sure of the exact permitting requirements but these places usually stay the same due to the licensing. If I recall, OKC either isn't or doesn't approve any new permits for strip clubs so most of the times the ones who are grandfathered in just transfer the licensing to the new owner.

Blog Entries

That amount should cover a 55 gal drum of kilz, new poles and a state.

Seriously, what was this place before it was a strip club? Seems like I remember a mexican restaurant or something.

Quote Originally Posted by BLJR View Post
    Seriously, what was this place before it was a strip club? Seems like I remember a mexican restaurant or something.
    it opened as a bar called 'saratoga station' in the early/mid 80's... afaik, it's never been a restaurant.

edit: i'm betting that the mexican restaurant you're thinking of was chi chi's (later i.u. sports grill)... that building was demolished and was located roughly where garage burgers is now.

10. Default Re: The Trophy Room - What is Next?

it opened as a bar called 'saratoga station' in the early/mid 80's... afaik, it's never been a restaurant.
    I was thinking it was a restauant too at one time but I was thinking steak house so I may be picturing the old Steak and Ale in my head.

Quote Originally Posted by OK BBQ Eater Anonymous View Post
    I was thinking it was a restauant too at one time but I was thinking steak house so I may be picturing the old Steak and Ale in my head.
    i think so... steak & ale was directly north where the chick fil-a is currently...

while i'm pretty sure the 'trophy room' location has always been a bar/adult entertainment... i will make the disclaimer that i was just a kid in the 80's, so my memory might be a little fuzzy... if it was a restaurant, it had to be for a really brief period, because i don't remember ever eating there.

hmmm... i will say this: i found an article from may 1981 regarding the development plans of the area. i always thought of 'saratoga station' as a bar but the article refers to it as a restaurant... so maybe that's what it was.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SouthernHillsBusinessPark.jpg 
Views:	848 
Size:	240.8 KB 
ID:	13692   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SouthernHillsBusinessPark2.jpg 
Views:	825 
Size:	17.1 KB 
ID:	13693  

lol... nevermind. i think my original intuition was right. : )

Attached Images Attached Images  

14. Default Re: The Trophy Room - What is Next?

That mentions Jim Dandy fried chicken.... I miss some Jim Dandy!

Saratoga Station served food at one time, had some of the best steak fingers ever

Thanks for the responses. I believe the days of making a fast buck by opening a SC are over with.

Thread Information