Widgets Magazine
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Flix Brewhouse

Default Re: Flix Brewhouse

Going to the movie theater is one of the things I absolutely miss the most. Showbiz in Edmond is back open and showing some classic movies too. I will definitely going at some point this weekend.

I wonder if they've given any thought to opening the brewpub and restaurant for takeout.

Quote Originally Posted by rte66man View Post
    I wonder if they've given any thought to opening the brewpub and restaurant for takeout.
    Some theaters are already reopening so I suspect they'll be doing the same too.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Some theaters are already reopening so I suspect they'll be doing the same too.
    Are there any decent new movies to screen? Usually you hear about summer blockbusters coming, but things seem pretty quiet.

No new movies. They're playing more recent box office hits and some older classics as well, generally.

Just posted an update on their website.
    https://www.flixbrewhouse.com/

Basically they are going to open for Tenet in July if it doesn't get pushed. Unknown if the first day is going to be the 17th of july or if they are going to open a few weeks ahead like AMC and Cinemark are planning on doing.

7. Default Re: Flix Brewhouse

Quote Originally Posted by Ohwiseone View Post
    Just posted an update on their website.
    https://www.flixbrewhouse.com/

Basically they are going to open for Tenet in July if it doesn't get pushed. Unknown if the first day is going to be the 17th of july or if they are going to open a few weeks ahead like AMC and Cinemark are planning on doing.
    It says that they plan to open in the weeks that lead up to the 7/17 premier of Tenet.

Flix was planning to reopen in conjuntion with the relese of Christopher Nolan's TENENT on August 12th, but the movie release has been pushed back indefinitely and so has the theater reopening.

(photo is mine from Sunday)

Flix Brewhouse to open to the public in September
    by: KFOR-TV and K. Querry

Posted: Aug 20, 2020
    OKLAHOMA CITY (KFOR) – A new movie theater and microbrewery is set to open its first Oklahoma location next month.

Flix Brewhouse will open to the public on Wednesday, Sept. 2.

“After postponing our opening date due to the COVID-19 outbreak, our excitement has only continued to build,” Flix General Manager Nick Toros said. “We look forward to opening our doors and bringing a new experience to the Oklahoma City Metro.”

Flix auditoriums feature state-of-the-art digital projection and sound, comfortable stadium seating, parabolic screens, reserved seating, and server call systems that allow guests to order silently.

“We’re changing the game for movie theaters and moviegoers across the country,” Toros continued. “No longer are guests coming to just sit down and watch a movie — they’re coming to encounter an elevated experience that will keep them returning for more.”

Guests will be able to eat hand-tossed pizzas, tasty burgers, and wings while trying out dozens of craft beers. Officials say Flix has its own craft beers and more than 11 taps of local craft beer favorites including Angry Scotsman, Anthem, Coop Ale Works, Elk Valley, Iron Monk, Lively, Prairie Artisan, Roughtail, Skydance, Stonecloud, and Vanessa House.

Due to the pandemic, Flix has also invested in an indoor air quality system that treats the air in an occupied space.

Also, guests will be required to wear masks upon entrance.

“Upon entry, masks will be required by guests but can be taken off while seated if eating or inside the theater or at a table in the Pub. Guests that are not consuming food or drinks should wear their masks when in their auditoriums,” the theater said in a news release.

Flix will premiere Christopher Nolan’s newest blockbuster “Tenet” while offering promotions like $1 popcorn, $1 sodas, and $3 Flix beers.

Did the "soft opening" last night at this place.

Its impressive and the food is very good. My wife had some sort of hamburger that had quite the spice level on it. The have a pale ale that they brew in house that is fantastic.

If you don't mind people sometimes running in front of you while watching a film, I would highly recommend this place.

Also, you can go and get the food and not see a film, Patio also looked nice as well.

Press release:

ST. PATRICK’S DAY IN SEPTEMBER

WHAT:
    Flix Brewhouse (Flix) will host The Boondock Saints FanFest in honor of the St. Patrick’s Day celebrations that were missed this year due to COVID-19. Flix FanFest events feature crafted movie parties in celebration of a fan favorite title. Events at other Flix locations have featured movies such as The Princess Bride, Labyrinth and Ghostbusters.

Free souvenir pint glasses are included with admission. Tickets go on sale Friday, September 11 at FlixBrewhouse.com.

“We can’t wait to celebrate, socially responsibly, with our new guests in OKC,” Flix Marketing Manager Summer Hasan said. “We believe our FanFests are the absolute best way to re-experience your favorite films on the big screen. Guests can look forward to more FanFests in the future with popular throwbacks like Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan, Airplane!, Pulp Fiction and Beetlejuice.”

WHERE:
    Flix Brewhouse
    8590 Broadway Ext
    Oklahoma City, OK 73114

WHEN:
    Thursday to Saturday, Sept. 17-19, 2020

COST:
    $7 – includes tickets and pint glass

MENU:
    Themed food items and a signature beer are exclusively available during the Flix FanFest events.
    The Saint Irish Stout Burger
    All-beef patty topped with cheddar cheese, bacon, lettuce, tomato and fried onion rings with HP™ sauce and a stout compound butter on a brioche bun.

Dafoe King Mango Golden Ale
    Fruit-infused version of Flix’s popular mainstay, Flix Golden Ale.

Blog Entries

kinda seems like a bad idea -- drunk people couldn't social distance if they wanted to

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    kinda seems like a bad idea -- drunk people couldn't social distance if they wanted to
    this is laugh out loud ...

why would we want business to make money and survive

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post

it is possible to social distance a business and make money, for most of them... a movie theater is one of those

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post

I'm pro this business being open and showing movies and serving customer drinks etc. But throwing a big party seems out of touch.

Quote Originally Posted by jedicurt View Post
    it is possible to social distance a business and make money, for most of them... a movie theater is one of those
    Is it, though? I've read most movie theaters make incredible percentages of their profit from their concessions, not tickets sold, and if you only have a percentage of a full audience there, that goes down. However, with this place serving more than soda, popcorn, and candy, I'm sure that will help them make more than your average AMC/Regal theater. That, and they're showing nth-run movies instead of first-run.

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    I'm pro this business being open and showing movies and serving customer drinks etc. But throwing a big party seems out of touch.
    Is it a "big party" though? Sounds like a normal day for Flix, but with a special theme day and drink special. Most people going to Flix are going to have one alcoholic beverage with their dinner so I don't really see what makes this day different. The capacity is still the same and I doubt your going to be seeing a bunch of people walking around drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    That, and they're showing nth-run movies instead of first-run.
    Bill and Ted/Tenet are pretty current.

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    Bill and Ted/Tenet are pretty current.
    I have no idea what's actually playing there, was just going by the list posted about the FanFest movies, thought that's all they were doing, didn't know they opened for real and are showing first-runs.

20. Default Re: Flix Brewhouse

Went here a couple of weeks ago before I left the States for work again. Although the only beer I tried was the Scottish ale I am looking forward in trying the others. My disappointment came when they told me they stopped making the stout as that is my favorite style.

They have closed all Flix Brewhouses until further notice. Worsening pandemic cited as reason.

Great. We just featured them in the Gazette Holiday Guide that got sent to the printer yesterday.

They reopen today after a long closure.

I'm excited for this. Wife and I already have our tickets to go see Cruella tomorrow evening. I hated the thought of this theater sitting there just barely finished and empty and not being used. Now, I only have the MWC Warren to cry over. lol

I bet this place starts to kick some serious arse.

It's a great concept and unlike anything else in OKC. Their timing was terrible but I expect they will soon be raging.

Chicken n Pickle is doing very well and these two places will really feed off one another.

Thread Information