Widgets Magazine
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Flix Brewhouse

Default Re: Flix Brewhouse

Right? Their timing for this entire project seems to be really, really bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    What are they going to play when they do open? All the major movies are being postponed.

Quote Originally Posted by bucktalk View Post
    Right? Their timing for this entire project seems to be really, really bad.
    The idea was to open for Trolls 2 and show that it is kid friendly with a grand opening later in the summer when a bigger blockbuster is released. This is obviously in flux as releases get delayed, large gatherings are discouraged and the overall movie going population is depleted.

Agree. Plus with a grand opening you're trying to build positive momentum. The possibility of that happening presently is not likely.

Quote Originally Posted by sooner88 View Post
    The idea was to open for Trolls 2 and show that it is kid friendly with a grand opening later in the summer when a bigger blockbuster is released. This is obviously in flux as releases get delayed, large gatherings are discouraged and the overall movie going population is depleted.

Looks like their about done. Hopefully they will open someday.

Looks like their about done. Hopefully they will open someday.
    Yeah, I was wondering about this. If I was in the process of trying to open up a new movie theater any time in the near future, I'd probably put those plans on hold indefinitely. I was looking forward to this place, since it's right down the road from me, but I honestly don't know when I'll go to a theater again.

Quote Originally Posted by jerrywall View Post
    Yeah, I was wondering about this. If I was in the process of trying to open up a new movie theater any time in the near future, I'd probably put those plans on hold indefinitely. I was looking forward to this place, since it's right down the road from me, but I honestly don't know when I'll go to a theater again.
    I have a client that was in the process of opening a gaming lounge. Aside from the proximity of all the customers being a problem, keeping all the hard surfaces clean would be a nightmare. This project is obviously on indefinite hold unfortunately.

why would you not go to another theater again?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sgt. pepper View Post
    Sitting at home watching my 75" UHD with surround sound, sitting on my comfy sofa, drinking my wine and holding hands with my wife, without people around talking, checking their cell phones, TALKING on their cell phones, dropping popcorn down my back, sneezing on me...... Those would be pretty good reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by sgt. pepper View Post
    Are you going to theaters right now? Do you know when you'll go to a theater again? Because I sure don't.

I never said never. I said I don't know when I would.

But if anyone wants to volunteer as tribute to pack into a theater the first weekend they reopen... go for it. Just don't come shake my hand afterwards.

Are you going to theaters right now? Do you know when you'll go to a theater again? Because I sure don't.

But if anyone wants to volunteer as tribute to pack into a theater the first weekend they reopen... go for it. Just don't come shake my hand afterwards.
    I believe Georgia is opening up their theatres May 1st.

The studios aren't releasing new films into theaters right now anyway.

Plus, this is traditionally one of the slowest times of the year, the long lull between the holidays and summer break.

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    Sitting at home watching my 75" UHD with surround sound, sitting on my comfy sofa, drinking my wine and holding hands with my wife, without people around talking, checking their cell phones, TALKING on their cell phones, dropping popcorn down my back, sneezing on me...... Those would be pretty good reasons.
    Absolutely. Wearing jammies, Cats in my lap, and Pause, to hit the Restroom.

Construction appears to be complete.

I’m with you on this. Sporting events and movies are near the bottom of my list of things I would feel comfortable doing (Shedding a tear for my Thunder season tickets) . Especially since I’ve always felt compelled to get popcorn when I go to a movie, and I definitely cannot imagine being at a movie unmasked. To go to a movie, I will need to know there’s an effective vaccine.

16. Default Re: Flix Brewhouse

Really looks neat. I was impressed by the little touch of brick world on the outside to make the Xs

From The Half Instagram page:

Love the led lights under chairs

That is interesting the projector is hanging out like that. I wonder if they've done away with the traditional projection booth.

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkasa View Post
    That is interesting the projector is hanging out like that. I wonder if they've done away with the traditional projection booth.
    I believe so because almost all movies are digital these days.

This is an interesting article about how the switch to digital is killing off many small theaters. Almost all new movies are distributed only in digital format, and it's expensive to convert to the new projection and sound equipment.

https://www.citylab.com/design/2013/...-theater/6625/

But it's a way cheaper method of distribution for the studios. I worked at Paramount Pictures for a few years and did a lot of consulting in that industry, and celluloid prints were so expensive, while budgeting for any film and for the studio overall, you had a consolidated line item titled 'Prints and Ads'. It was because creating and distributing all the prints was almost as costly as all the related promotion of a film. Which is to say, it was a huge expense.

I'll have to look through my old spreadsheets but when you budgeted for a film, there was a certain amount you had to set aside for prints and it was massive.

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkasa View Post
    I bet there is still a small closet size room behind the wall and they just have the projector sticking out to maximize space in the auditorium. The projector is also probably on a track so they wheel it back into that room for maintenance. The digital projectors are huge pieces of equipment and the other modern theaters have one big long projector hallway.

I bet there is still a small closet size room behind the wall and they just have the projector sticking out to maximize space in the auditorium. The projector is also probably on a track so they wheel it back into that room for maintenance. The digital projectors are huge pieces of equipment and the other modern theaters have one big long projector hallway.
    Yep, that's about what I figured. Before I left the industry, I had seen some discussion on moving away from the long hallway/booth and moving to something more like this. I just hadn't seen it in practice yet.

I love this type of insight and info. Thanks for sharing!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    This is an interesting article about how the switch to digital is killing off many small theaters. Almost all new movies are distributed only in digital format, and it's expensive to convert to the new projection and sound equipment.

https://www.citylab.com/design/2013/...-theater/6625/

But it's a way cheaper method of distribution for the studios. I worked at Paramount Pictures for a few years and did a lot of consulting in that industry, and celluloid prints were so expensive, while budgeting for any film and for the studio overall, you had a consolidated line item titled 'Prints and Ads'. It was because creating and distributing all the prints was almost as costly as all the related promotion of a film. Which is to say, it was a huge expense.

I'll have to look through my old spreadsheets but when you budgeted for a film, there was a certain amount you had to set aside for prints and it was massive.

Quote Originally Posted by bucktalk View Post
    I love this type of insight and info. Thanks for sharing!
    Me too. I think that it's American Film Institute that has as part of its mission to save and restore old celluloid films.

Thread Information