Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Flix Brewhouse

Default Re: Flix Brewhouse

It looks like early next year before they open. Structure isn't even fully enclosed yet.

Did a security guard bug you when you took that shot? All I did was drive through to take a look and I saw a security car stop, back up, turn around and start following me.

Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    Did a security guard bug you when you took that shot? All I did was drive through to take a look and I saw a security car stop, back up, turn around and start following me.
    No, but that does happen sometimes.

Last time was at The Hill and I had to remind the security guard that those streets are public, although that is not the case in this development.

Those guys have very little to do. I'm sure a car driving through is about as exciting as it gets.

Blog Entries

Construction sites are magnets for theft and vandalism. Security should always closely check visitors not naturally there to perform a legitimate function and may just be there to survey what’s there.. It’s prudent and their job. You can dismiss their importance and make fun of them, but they serve a legitimate needed function.

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    Construction sites are magnets for theft and vandalism. Security should always closely check visitors not naturally there to perform a legitimate function and may just be there to survey what’s there.. It’s prudent and their job. You can dismiss their importance and make fun of them, but they serve a legitimate needed function.
    Nobody said they didn't.

But the guy at The Hill kept shadowing me into areas where there was no construction and was just being a jerk and trying to intimidate me. All on public streets.

You wonder the slow pace of this project is the same contractor for Britton Road project and getting OKC streetlights working. TAKING. FOREVER. TO. GET. DONE.

Quote Originally Posted by bucktalk View Post
    You wonder the slow pace of this project is the same contractor for Britton Road project and getting OKC streetlights working. TAKING. FOREVER. TO. GET. DONE.
    I know you're probably kidding, but...

Britton's actually open as of 12/24 (may have been earlier, but we haven't been up there for a couple of weeks), and the estimated completion date was November, so they only overshot by less than a month, which isn't bad by OK street/highway construction standards (which are usually pretty pathetic in meeting dates). OKC streetlights are maintained (mostly) by OG&E and that's a whole other sad, pathetic, ridiculous, stupid story.

Yes was kidding. But dang....Costco went up so fast and well done. These other projects are beyond slow it seems.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    I know you're probably kidding, but...

Britton's actually open as of 12/24 (may have been earlier, but we haven't been up there for a couple of weeks), and the estimated completion date was November, so they only overshot by less than a month, which isn't bad by OK street/highway construction standards (which are usually pretty pathetic in meeting dates). OKC streetlights are maintained (mostly) by OG&E and that's a whole other sad, pathetic, ridiculous, stupid story.

Last winter, it was said they ran into delays because the covered structure they hoped would allow to lay bricks in the cold didn't work out too well, but here it is another winter and it still seems like they have a lot of work to do. At least they have an enclosed building now.

Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    Last winter, it was said they ran into delays because the covered structure they hoped would allow to lay bricks in the cold didn't work out too well, but here it is another winter and it still seems like they have a lot of work to do. At least they have an enclosed building now.
    Once they knew they were going to miss the holiday premiers, the schedule got bumped to 2020.

^

Right, January and February are wastelands in the movie business so might as well wait until spring once you miss the holidays.

They are setting up a hiring trailer, so getting pretty close to opening.

Hmm from the looks of it I say Memorial Day at the earliest.

They had said March but it seems that timeframe is going to slip.

If they are hiring now, I would say late March/early April. The outside is all just landscaping.

You can see, the brew tanks are installed and it seems they are nearing the finishing stages.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    You can see, the brew tanks are installed and it seems they are nearing the finishing stages.

They were shooting for an opening the weekend of the Bond release, but with that release date being pushed due to the coronavirus scare they're shooting for a 4/10 opening.

What are they going to play when they do open? All the major movies are being postponed.

Thread Information