Widgets Magazine

Thread: Bike Paths

Default Bike Paths

Seeing Pete's post on the Will Rogers Bike Path made me think about Edmond. I wish Edmond had more bike paths. There's bike paths around the parks but it would be great if they were linked together by dedicated bike paths. Hafer park has bike and walking trails and it connects to Fink park and you can get up to UCO from there but that's about it. Mitch park has bike paths but they aren't connected to anything. It'd be nice if Hafer and MItch parks were connected by a dedicated bike path.

I don't like riding on the road and if I'm with my 8 year old daughter (who loves to ride with me) I can't take her on the road. Plus, it's nice to have a bike path and see nature and things you can't see from your car. Not to mention when I'm biking I don't really wanna be breathing in car fumes by riding on a busy road.

Default Re: Bike Paths

The plans for Arcadia Lake and connecting into East Edmond are pretty ambitious.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    The plans for Arcadia Lake and connecting into East Edmond are pretty ambitious.
    Do you know if it will make a connection west of I-35?

Quote Originally Posted by traxx View Post
    Do you know if it will make a connection west of I-35?
    It will.

Here's some info on that... if you look at the bottom image..

http://edmondok.com/DocumentCenter/View/3130

Edmond developed an EXTENSIVE bicycle master plan a few years back. It's pretty amazing. In addition to these bike paths their also wanting to implement 8ft wide sidepaths (instead of sidewalks) wherever possible. And of course dedicated bike lanes where possible.

Quote Originally Posted by jerrywall View Post
    Here's some info on that... if you look at the bottom image..

http://edmondok.com/DocumentCenter/View/3130

Edmond developed an EXTENSIVE bicycle master plan a few years back. It's pretty amazing. In addition to these bike paths their also wanting to implement 8ft wide sidepaths (instead of sidewalks) wherever possible. And of course dedicated bike lanes where possible.
    This sounds cool.

Thanks for all the info, guys.

Looking at google, it appears the Spring Creek path is dirt. Will it remain that way or do they have plans to pave it?

Also, how is the path going to cross I-35? Will it go under?

I believe so... here's a shot of where it hits I-35...

https://www.google.com/maps/@35.6471.../data=!3m1!1e3

I've heard that for years the Chimney Hill neighborhood has been the main issue for connecting Hafer Park to the lake. It seems enough people have been anti-trail to keep it from happening. I don't know what is true and what isn't, just something I have heard.

Quote Originally Posted by traxx View Post
    Also, how is the path going to cross I-35? Will it go under?
    It is going under and will feature a large piece of artwork on each side of I-35 where the path goes underneath the freeway.

10. Default Re: Bike Paths

This project has been delayed due to some soft soil areas discovered when initial dirt work was done. This stretch of the path had to be re-engineered and that significantly delayed the project.

Quote Originally Posted by jjjumper View Post
    I've heard that for years the Chimney Hill neighborhood has been the main issue for connecting Hafer Park to the lake. It seems enough people have been anti-trail to keep it from happening. I don't know what is true and what isn't, just something I have heard.
    The same group that keeps the trails from connecting, is the same group that opposes just about anything/everything in the area. Dan O'Neil and his crooked cronies of the Edmond Neighborhood Alliance.

Thread Information