Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Formosa Street Food and Bar (formerly Unwind Cafe)

Default Re: Scottie's Deli

Where do you see their hours?

"...hours to start will be Monday through Thursday 10AM to 11PM, Friday and Saturday 10AM to 3AM and Sunday 10AM to 4PM. Breakfast and weekend brunch are likely to be added in the future."

It's in the first post

3. Default Re: Scottie's Deli

They will be opening Wednesday!

4. Default Re: Scottie's Deli

Hey! Ian lives! Or...is this zombie Ian..?

5. Default Re: Scottie's Deli

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    Hey! Ian lives! Or...is this zombie Ian..?
    Yes I was released from hospital on Friday. Diagnosed w/ dengue fever. It's a mosquito virus. Apparently you still have to worry about that stuff when your drinking margaritas on the beach in Mexico. Although we Went other places...it was probably that monkey sanctuary in the jungle.

Enough about that. Eric is still hiding his full menu from me but he toured me around the space and he's got soo much equipment in there, possibilities are endless. He's got me worked up as a ham snob. I pretty much dislike packaged deli hams but Eric is smoking and processing his in-house!! My hero!

6. Default Re: Scottie's Deli

As a huge fan of fresh deli meats and sandwiches, I cannot wait for this place to open! I may never leave 23rd street again!

Confirmed they are opening starting 10AM on Wednesday but on a limited menu for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Confirmed they are opening starting 10AM on Wednesday but on a limited menu for a while.
    I know the menu will nonetheless have pastrami because he told me, when I called him yesterday, that the pastramis were started on Tuesday. Looking very forward to this.

Excited about this!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170809_105948723.jpg 
Views:	222 
Size:	3.81 MB 
ID:	14055

I asked for juicy cuts. It's pretty much perfect. I never thought I'd see the day this was in town!

^

That looks pretty fantastic.

Can't wait to try.

12. Default Re: Scottie's Deli

Their menu is up on their Facebook page now: https://www.facebook.com/scottiesdeliokc/menu/

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kimball View Post
    I asked for juicy cuts. It's pretty much perfect. I never thought I'd see the day this was in town!
    ha... we must have been there at the same time... the counter had me down as "mark" (which happens pretty regularly) so there was some confusion as to whose order was whose.

my co-worker and i traded halves on a pastrami and a cuban. the pastrami was solid... i liked scottie's house made pastrami over the one served at slaughter's hall, and it's pretty good. the meat was smokier than most pastramis i've had but i really liked it. the bread and whole grain mustard went perfectly. the cuban was kind of meh, in my opinion. not that it was bad, it just didn't have a ton of flavor. would've appreciated more smokiness in the ham and the pickles were practically straight-up cucumbers. instead of using the whole grain mustard as on the pastrami, they used typical yellow mustard... so the sandwich just didn't have any punch. the homemade (i think?) pickles that came as a side were great and would've gone well on that cuban.

edit... that really shrunk my menu pic. here's a link
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Scotties.jpg 
Views:	218 
Size:	12.0 KB 
ID:	14056  

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    ha... we must have been there at the same time... the counter had me down as "mark" (which happens pretty regularly) so there was some confusion as to whose order was whose.
    Focused as I was on my sandwiches (I got two), I heard that commotion. A number system would fix that. Oh well, first day jitters.

All I'd want from there is pastrami, I think, so I'm personally fine with the limited menu. Maybe in the future they can bring in some seltzer and Dr. Brown's sodas, but they had an EXCELLENT bottled selection as it was, including Cheerwine. For me, Pellegrino was close enough to a seltzer.

This looks great. I should be able to stop by on Friday for lunch unless something comes up.

Quote Originally Posted by zefferoni View Post
    Their menu is up on their Facebook page now: https://www.facebook.com/scottiesdeliokc/menu/
    Oh man, that NY NY is super close to one of my favorite sandwiches. I just wish they would sub out the sauerkraut for coleslaw. I prefer slaw with Russian dressing.

That menu looks stellar. Can't wait to try it out. Fingers crossed on the pastrami.

I stopped by for lunch today. I think it's top 2 (leaving space for one I forgot), sandwich place in OKC. They had this special which was revolved around the pastrami sandwich. The pastrami is smokier than other places, and I enjoyed it immensely.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170811_113344.jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	30.5 KB 
ID:	14065

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170811_114814.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	8.8 KB 
ID:	14066

I tried to stop by for a late lunch today, but they ended up closing early because they ran out of a lot of things, so I went elsewhere. On my way back to my car, I decided to peek inside through the windows to get a look at the place, and got an unexpected surprise - Eric and another employee (if you're reading this, I'm so sorry I forgot your name!) were there and invited me in for a quick tour around the building. Super nice guys! They told me that demand was unexpectedly strong - so much so that we've all eaten through a full week's worth of product in three days, and they're having to ramp up their production of deli meats. Their setup is really pretty incredible, with making pretty much everything from scratch, even down to the pickles and sauerkraut... and the kitchen was amazing, with a huge wooden cutting board surface on the work table behind the counter, where the magic happens... Listening to them explain what they do and how they do it, with an obvious passion, was amazing. I'm slightly disappointed I didn't get to try them today - but I plan to check them out for lunch on Monday. I can't wait!

The pastrami on rye I had on Friday was pretty tasty, as was the blondie brownie. I'll be back again on Fridays for a few more weeks to try a few more items on the menu.

Tried it again last Friday, this time having the New York, New York, and wow was that a great sandwich. It's going to be a bit difficult to try something else the next time I visit.

22. Default Re: Scottie's Deli

Does anyone know the actual hours for this place? Google says 10-6, Facebook says 10-4 and higher up on this thread it said 10-11.

The menu that I have indicates that their temporary hours are M-F 10am-6pm (or earlier if sold out); closed Sat/Sun.

They are still in soft open mode.

I went today and had the New York, New York sandwich. Easily one of my favorite deli sandwiches in the city.

Thread Information