Widgets Magazine

Thread: OKC Regional Transit System

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: OKC Regional Transit System

Quote Originally Posted by hoya View Post
    You understand that it's an open air stadium, right?
    You do understand there are hard limits to how long people can stay outdoors when the weather is not near perfect.

We want them staying at the game as long as possible…We want maximized ridership for everyday use and to not cause people to waste their valuable time. We need to minimize peoples walk in bad weather.

Quote Originally Posted by soonerheart View Post
    You do understand there are hard limits to how long people can stay outdoors when the weather is not near perfect.

We want them staying at the game as long as possible…We want maximized ridership for everyday use and to not cause people to waste their valuable time. We need to minimize peoples walk in bad weather.
    They're outside for 3-4 hours in an open air stadium. Standing under a covered platform for 30 minutes at most isn't going to kill anyone.

Then you need to talk to Lincoln Riley about his offense creating 4 hour long games.

Quote Originally Posted by hoya View Post
    Then you need to talk to Lincoln Riley about his offense creating 4 hour long games.
    I think Lincoln would take that criticism pretty well. If he's anything like the team, he'd certainly have a hard time getting defensive over it.

Quote Originally Posted by PhiAlpha View Post
    I think Lincoln would take that criticism pretty well. If he's anything like the team, he'd certainly have a hard time getting defensive over it.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fozzie_Bear.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	52.4 KB 
ID:	15019

Interesting argument. I don't know where to start... Do we start by asking more about this outdoor "hard limit" people must obey? Do people pack up and leave mid-2nd quarter? "Sorry, everyone. Just hit the hard limit. I must now find indoor docking station." Or should we discuss the argument that people taking a train are somehow wasting "their valuable time," but people in gridlocked traffic are apparently living their best possible life? Finally, the real concern here is the desperate social need to "minimize peoples walk in bad weather" because we all know how walkers can melt and freeze... or just hit their outdoor time "hard limit."

I'm just kidding around, soonerheart. No hard feelings.

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    Interesting argument. I don't know where to start... Do we start by asking more about this outdoor "hard limit" people must obey? Do people pack up and leave mid-2nd quarter? "Sorry, everyone. Just hit the hard limit. I must now find indoor docking station." Or should we discuss the argument that people taking a train are somehow wasting "their valuable time," but people in gridlocked traffic are apparently living their best possible life? Finally, the real concern here is the desperate social need to "minimize peoples walk in bad weather" because we all know how walkers can melt and freeze... or just hit their outdoor time "hard limit."

I'm just kidding around, soonerheart. No hard feelings.

Having worked outside with healthy people in some of the most extreme cold and wind that can be found on the mid great plains I can tell you the hard limits are different for different people and that this is self-determined by smart preparation, desire and the ability to tolerate discomfort….Wasting time outside in bad weather while not on task cuts into the amount of time on task..... As people age most eventually have lower and lower hard time limits even in good WX. Many people still in their 30’s & 40’s be hitting their hard limits quicker than they known…It sneaks up on everybody before they are ready.

It’s important to note for the sake of OU that it’s the older people who usually have the most money to spend or donate. Keeping them happy always seems smart.

Some of the northern stadiums have heated areas and or have enclosed their stadium areas below and heat them. Some have heated fields....Others who have high heat problems sometimes have fans & misters. OU has added cooling stations this season which were largely ineffective IMHO…

If you learn them and park in a smart spot you can find your way out of the football congestion with relative ease …Because I know the shortcuts and because of where I park it takes me about 5 more minutes than normal to drive home on a OU game day. I have a reserved spot near clean restrooms about 400 to 500 yards from the stadium. I will be fine with my personal logistics but this isn’t about me.

Thread Information