Widgets Magazine
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678

Thread: Mayoral Election 2018

Default Re: Mayoral Election 2018

They might as well go ahead and call it for Holt.

They might as well've called it for him months ago, actually...

Interesting, in a sad way, that newsok.com has absolutely nothing about the mayoral race on its front page,

Yeah. Not exactly a competitive race. That said, perhaps the most interesting aspect of this will be turnout, since ballot initiatives require signatures of 25% (IIRC) of the previous mayoral election's turnout. If turnout is low, could make it a lot easier to get questions on the ballot.

Only 90 people had voted as of around 6 on the southwest side of town. One of the lowest I’ve seen in 6 years of voting at this location.

voted on the NW side at 6:15 - machine showed 115 ballots.

Quote Originally Posted by LocoAko View Post
    Yeah. Not exactly a competitive race. That said, perhaps the most interesting aspect of this will be turnout, since ballot initiatives require signatures of 25% (IIRC) of the previous mayoral election's turnout. If turnout is low, could make it a lot easier to get questions on the ballot.
    I thought the amount required for petition was based on the last governor's race?

Quote Originally Posted by pw405 View Post
    I thought the amount required for petition was based on the last governor's race?
    For OKC.

Votes around 25k. Petition signatures stays around 6400

Quote Originally Posted by OkiePoke View Post
    For OKC.

Votes around 25k. Petition signatures stays around 6400
    They currently need 11,991 signatures (turnout in the 2014 mayoral race was just shy of 40,000 votes). This has now been reduced by nearly half...

The position calls for a cheerleader, a spokesman. Not a powerful position. City manager is the true CEO.

Quote Originally Posted by LocoAko View Post
    They currently need 11,991 signatures (turnout in the 2014 mayoral race was just shy of 40,000 votes). This has now been reduced by nearly half...
    Thanks for the correction. I had the 6,500 number in my head for some reason.

I personally think it's sad when the post about when and where the new Costco is going, generates more feedback then who the mayor will be !!!!!!!

There really isn't much to talk about when there is an absolutely non-competitive race for a position that is not all that powerful to begin with.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dcsooner View Post
    The position calls for a cheerleader, a spokesman. Not a powerful position. City manager is the true CEO.
    Not to diminish the office of mayor, the position is more of an ambassador in the Council Manager Form of Government.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dcsooner View Post
    Not to diminish the office of mayor, the position is more of an ambassador in the Council Manager Form of Government.

James D. Couch has led Oklahoma City as the City Manager since Nov. 9, 2000.

Assistant City Mangers

Three Assistant City Managers support the City Manager.

M.T. Berry oversees the following departments: Fire, Information Technology, Municipal Court, Police and General Services.

Laura Johnson oversees the following departments: City Clerk, Development Services, Finance, Planning, Public Information and Marketing and Public Transportation and Parking.

Dennis Clowers oversees Airports, MAPS, Parks and Recreation, Public Works and Utilities.

Just read that Holt will be a guest on Lackmeyer's chat next Friday.

In case anyone missed it David Holt was sworn in as mayor yesterday. I think he'll be a good mayor. Now to get Cornett into the governors office.

Thread Information