Widgets Magazine
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: 700 N. Broadway (formerly Broadway Condos)

Default Re: 700 N. Broadway (formerly Broadway Condos)

This property was recently sold and in a full-circle move will once again become a parking lot.

I am absolutely IN LOVE with this!

Incredible.

Beautiful use of grass and concrete. You love to see it.

The new owners also bought 708 N. Broadway, to the north:

Quote Originally Posted by Colbafone View Post
    I am absolutely IN LOVE with this!
    This needs a 24/7 construction cam.

This is what scares me. Private developments seem to struggle in OKC. Imagine having to build a couple larger hotels for the Olympics. Or other private development for an event like that.

OKC has had quite a few large projects go from chicken salad to chicken you know what.

Quote Originally Posted by Harbinger View Post
    This needs a 24/7 construction cam.
    We need Pete to provide some aerial drone footage as well! To truly get a scope of the density of this project.

Quote Originally Posted by bison34 View Post
    This is what scares me. Private developments seem to struggle in OKC. Imagine having to build a couple larger hotels for the Olympics. Or other private development for an event like that.

OKC has had quite a few large projects go from chicken salad to chicken you know what.
    Which happens in every other city. We just here about the ones in OKC because we are on this site. If there were an OKC Talk for Dallas, Houston, Atlanta etc. people on those sites would know of the many projects that do not happen just like we do.

Private development does just fine here. See OAK, Okana, Chisholm Creek, Midtown, Plaza District, and many, many more. There is construction everywhere and much, much more to come.

All this to say, I wonder how this will get approved. Seems like it would violate the Automobile Alley design standards.

Bummer, this was a nice looking project. I guess it could still happen in the future with parking as a temporary revenue generator.

Quote Originally Posted by bison34 View Post

Welcome back chssooner.

Quote Originally Posted by CPin405 View Post
    Which happens in every other city. We just here about the ones in OKC because we are on this site. If there were an OKC Talk for Dallas, Houston, Atlanta etc. people on those sites would know of the many projects that do not happen just like we do.

Private development does just fine here. See OAK, Okana, Chisholm Creek, Midtown, Plaza District, and many, many more. There is construction everywhere and much, much more to come.

All this to say, I wonder how this will get approved. Seems like it would violate the Automobile Alley design standards.
    We shall see. I agree with others that a couple Olympics events will be here. Just want OKC to be thriving by then, and momentum on display for all to see. Seeing things like this, Boardwalk at Bricktown, Boulevard Place, etc. scare me when it comes to needing private developers to step up and be forward-thinking when it comes to an event of that magnitude.

This is a classic. I really hope this isn't approved even though I am so sick of this 7-year standing construction fence.

Quote Originally Posted by Colbafone View Post
    We need Pete to provide some aerial drone footage as well! To truly get a scope of the density of this project.
    When they start laying those curb cut... OOOOOO Boy....

For sure curious if they pony up and do concrete parking lot, the durability just can't be topped.

I wonder if they've secured financing yet. Anyone can have an architect whip up some sweet drawings, but a project is never 'real' until you have financing.

Quote Originally Posted by NAH View Post
    I wonder if they've secured financing yet. Anyone can have an architect whip up some sweet drawings, but a project is never 'real' until you have financing.
    Or photo realistic renderings. This isn’t a project without renderings!!

Thread Information