Widgets Magazine

Thread: Sheraton Reed Conference Center New Flag (Delta by Marriott)

Default Sheraton Reed Conference Center New Flag (Delta by Marriott)

I do event production (audio video lighting), and recently did an event at the Reed Conference Center and I learned they are in the process of converting the hotel into a Delta Hotel. I only wish they had more money to renovate the conference center, itÂ’s in pretty terrible condition and outdated. They did enclose a patio to make another conference room, but as an AV guy, it kills me that in 2021, the only audio input is an RCA jack. Not XLR or even 3.5mm, but RCA! IÂ’m blaming the Edmond based AV integrator for this though.

More about the renovation at this link https://www.centraloklahomaweeklies....erence-center/

2. Default Re: Sheraton Reed Conference Center New Flag (Delta by Marriott)

I guess they worked out the water issues that were from construction? i'm curious how busy the place is. It never seems to be very full, but most of those hotels along I-40 are definitely mostly one night on the road stops. Do we actually have conventions come to here that would warrant a larger stay?

And as for A/V, its when it was built. No facility is going to provide converter dongles for rca to 3.5 or anything like that....too many people walk off with them. And to integrate HDMI or DP, well that's a fairly good chunk of money if you also have to replace projectors to be compatible with it. Lots of labor with those cable runs too. AV work is always 50% labor. Unless the projector is doing all of your AV/Audio switching, then it means more hardware to handle that as well. And to be honest, most people aren't smart enough to figure that stuff out, even with a touch panel. Any corporate IT support person will tell you how many times they have to help people turn this stuff on. And to be honest, most vendors tend to bring in their own setups now anyway and rarely use the "house". The more experienced folks know not to rely on the house and to purchase the portable setups so they're self-sufficient. So what's the cost/benefit for Reed to do it?

Thread Information