Widgets Magazine
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Warren Theaters coming to MWC!

Default Re: Warren Theaters coming to MWC!

This theater will be okay. For many people it'll be great, just like the current Warren. But, the Warren service standard was a different animal and as someone that fully appreciated that extra step to take care of the customers, I am sad to see it go away.

I haven't to Warren that much since it opened. (I live on the northside of town). But, It will probably be just like all the other theaters in town once Flix Brewhouse and hopefully Alamo Drafthouse opens.

Some better news, move it to 50/50 on if there are servers. It has been stated there would be no servers at the MWC location but it appears there might be job postings for them. No one knows for sure now and it is up in the air. Before Warren sold his other theatres, he took servers from at least one if not two locations and wanted to get away from them. Regal rolled out a new menu at the current Warren locations and maybe they see it as vital to have servers to sell the $14 burgers. You might be more inclined to buy one vs walking up to a window to get one.

How Long will does it take completely? I just wonder when will be an open movie in August or September?

How much does the left to be completed? When will be open coming soon??? We can't wait to see the grand opening to see the movies.
    oh, by the way, There was a problem with the financial??? Does it has too long been delays what going on at the FEAST????

Bill Warren's theatres are done when they are completed properly. Over the years I've followed the development of several of his theatres and it's always the same. It's going to be done correctly and if that kills the timeline then it kills the timeline. I know people are getting frustrated but it's better to get a better product than to satisfy some schedule.

I've heard August 22nd. It was delayed a few weeks. A friend heard when Bill and/or his team inspected the site a month back a few things weren't up to his standards and he made them redo some interior work.

Went to their website a bit ago they have server positions posted for this location.

Just heard an ad on the radio. Opening aug 22nd. It also said built and owned by bill warren. Operated by regal cinemas

Opening Thursday, August 22, 2019 Midwest City Warren Theatre “Taking luxury to the next level.” Tickets available online beginning August 21, 2019
    I don't see where are the tickets on the website? warrentheatres.com
    I wonder how we can get an order for these tickets? At the upfront ticket booth or order on the online?

Quote Originally Posted by Dafonso7 View Post
    Opening Thursday, August 22, 2019 Midwest City Warren Theatre “Taking luxury to the next level.” Tickets available online beginning August 21, 2019
    I don't see where are the tickets on the website? warrentheatres.com
    I wonder how we can get an order for these tickets? At the upfront ticket booth or order on the online?
    Since Regal is operating the theater I'd imagine it'll be through the Regal site.

I wish I would have gotten a picture of it last night! They had all the lights on and it looked amazing!

Took these over the weekend.

The theater opens on Thursday:

14. Default Re: Warren Theaters coming to MWC!

It's Opening Day Today!

What time?

Looks Nice!!!!

https://www.centraloklahomaweeklies....SkZFTAmX_tVKcM

Arvest Bank is trying to foreclose on the theater due to unpaid loans for construction and equipment.

Not surprising but it still sucks.

^

I believe it is the only theater Warren retained when it sold everything else to Regal.

This is a huge bummer for Midwest City and the other tenants at the Sooner Rose center. If Arvest takes this back, who on earth is going to buy a huge, expensive theater in these times?

I fear this could stay vacant for a long time.

Blog Entries

couldn't Regal just buy this one too on the cheap?

Yeah, I thought Regal was still managing this one even though it was owned by Bill. Curious if they would just want to drop it or bring it into the fold officially.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    ^

I believe it is the only theater Warren retained when it sold everything else to Regal.

This is a huge bummer for Midwest City and the other tenants at the Sooner Rose center. If Arvest takes this back, who on earth is going to buy a huge, expensive theater in these times?

i believe that when he sold the rest this was just in the planning stages ... along with the north OKC location (that clearly is dead)

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    ^

Midwest City cant catch a break. It will sit and fall into disrepair just like the old mall. The city will do nothing of consequence to actually get it running again or redeveloped.

Just please, please please do not let a church buy this. We do not need any more churches in MWC, and absolutely cannot handle another large property not generating tax revenue for the city.

This will really hurt the restaurants in this development.

They all signed on with the understanding the theater would bring large crowds.

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkasa View Post
    Yeah, I thought Regal was still managing this one even though it was owned by Bill. Curious if they would just want to drop it or bring it into the fold officially.
    unless/until covid restrictions are over for theaters i can't see any theater company spending money to grow

Like many other businesses, theaters are just trying to find a way to survive.

And beyond the pandemic, I'm not sure theater attendance will ever return to the glory days. Everyone now has a huge TV, home theater, high speed internet and tons of streaming options.

Movie attendance was already in decline and I believe it will be very, very slow to recover.

Thread Information