Widgets Magazine
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Warren Theaters coming to MWC!

1. Default Re: Warren Theaters coming to MWC!

When I saw Tenet on Tuesday at AMC Quail there was a nice crowd. evenly spaced. all wearing masks too. It was nice being back in a theater again.

Default Re: Warren Theaters coming to MWC!

Quote Originally Posted by Richard at Remax View Post
    When I saw Tenet on Tuesday at AMC Quail there was a nice crowd. evenly spaced. all wearing masks too. It was nice being back in a theater again.
    How many screens were showing though? There are only 2 or 3 new movies that have been released with Tenet being the major blockbuster.

Not only are there no new releases, there is nothing in production.

Theaters generate almost half their revenue in the summer, and that was completely wiped out.

The holiday season won't be much better. There is going to be a bloodbath in that industry.

Regal is not going to buy this, they have their own problems.

Bill Warren is probably feeling pretty good about his sale a couple of years ago. He probably could have made the payments for this location, but what's the point?

Quote Originally Posted by OSUPeterson View Post
    Midwest City cant catch a break. It will sit and fall into disrepair just like the old mall. The city will do nothing of consequence to actually get it running again or redeveloped.

Just please, please please do not let a church buy this. We do not need any more churches in MWC, and absolutely cannot handle another large property not generating tax revenue for the city.
    Lifechurch real estate team probably already looking into it. lol

Blog Entries

Reed Center second location?

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Like many other businesses, theaters are just trying to find a way to survive.

And beyond the pandemic, I'm not sure theater attendance will ever return to the glory days. Everyone now has a huge TV, home theater, high speed internet and tons of streaming options.

Movie attendance was already in decline and I believe it will be very, very slow to recover.
    Pete I believe you are spot on.

Theaters are outrageously expensive. It’s not so much the ticket prices as it is the soda, popcorn, and junk food costs. We all know we can go to wallymart and even the dollar store and buy the box candy for a buck.

We don’t have to put up with people talking, texting, kids crying and screaming, and teens and young adults being obnoxious. I want quiet when I’m watching a movie.

When I was a kid it was a treat to go to a movie. It was an experience.

When I moved to OKC in 1976 to attend OCU, movies didn’t come out every week, they weren’t cranked our like McDonald’s cranks out crappy burgers. When a new movie was announced you’d have to wait in anticipation for a year or longer. Going to the movies was an experience, a treat, a joy (unless it sucked lol).

Dating or a movie night out with the wife was fun.

Now it’s like going to Walmart.

Pass the popcorn!

I’m seriously looking to update my sound system.

I’m serious, no joke, but I’m also looking at a quality popcorn maker for home.

Quote Originally Posted by Ward View Post
    The good news is you can buy for about the same price as a bucket at the theater!

Was the theater doing well before the pandemic?

10. Default Re: Warren Theaters coming to MWC!

Quote Originally Posted by Ward View Post
    Use a good stainless steel stock pot with a heavy bottom and coconut oil, don't skimp on the oil, over medium high heat. Cover with the lid and wait until it stops popping...... You can thank me later.

11. Default Re: Warren Theaters coming to MWC!

Oh and you can't go wrong with Amish Country popcorn.... Get one of their variety packs.

Don't know if its been said already, the rumor I am hearing is Bill Warren has walked and is letting it go to the bank. Take that with a grain of salt but they are removed from the regal and some ticketing sites. Don't hold your breath on Regal buying it anytime soon. I would bet money they would be happy to sell you any of the former Warrens for a smoking deal. I know last summer, 2019, Regal was not happy with the numbers the Moore location was pulling when everything was full go.

I no longer have any insight into any particular theatre's business, but with the Regal removing some of the fluff, downgrading some of the operations, and with other chains catching up with some of the other amenities Warren was first to market with, it makes sense the appeal would no longer be there like it was even just a few years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by zcamaro70 View Post
    Don't know if its been said already, the rumor I am hearing is Bill Warren has walked and is letting it go to the bank. Take that with a grain of salt but they are removed from the regal and some ticketing sites. Don't hold your breath on Regal buying it anytime soon. I would bet money they would be happy to sell you any of the former Warrens for a smoking deal. I know last summer, 2019, Regal was not happy with the numbers the Moore location was pulling when everything was full go.
    That's what I would do. Not going to throw good money after bad for a business I don't really care about it anymore.

Ok you guys on home made popcorn. Do yourself a huge favor and get some Flavacol. You can get it at Amazon. Flavacol is THE secret recipe for great popcorn.

Google it. See YouTube. Flavacol. You heard it here first.

You’re welcome

16. Default Re: Warren Theaters coming to MWC!

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkasa View Post
    I no longer have any insight into any particular theatre's business, but with the Regal removing some of the fluff, downgrading some of the operations, and with other chains catching up with some of the other amenities Warren was first to market with, it makes sense the appeal would no longer be there like it was even just a few years ago.
    Bingo.... While I never felt the Regal operated Warren was as bad as a lot of people on social media made it sound... They did away with all the things that made Warren special.

No one opening the door as you walked in, free flavorings for the popcorn, REAL BUTTER on the popcorn.

I remember the first time I sat in the balcony and ordered popcorn with cheddar seasoning and they had actually layered the seasoning all the way through the bucket so I had cheddar from first bite to last.

I don't know why what's happen Golden Corral still out of business or for how long will get back in the business and it's been in 5 1/2 month from now? and Warren Theaters very very disappoint

18. Default Re: Warren Theaters coming to MWC!

Im freaking pissed at Arvest about this. As theaters are able to open again, they should be allowing businesses significant leeway in their debts during this time. It's not any good for them to have a business default any more than it is for the business. And this is absolutely an unprecedented event. I was so freaking happy to finally be able to go to a movie here in MWC and really enjoyed the experience at this place.

Quote Originally Posted by bombermwc View Post
    Im freaking pissed at Arvest about this. As theaters are able to open again, they should be allowing businesses significant leeway in their debts during this time. It's not any good for them to have a business default any more than it is for the business. And this is absolutely an unprecedented event. I was so freaking happy to finally be able to go to a movie here in MWC and really enjoyed the experience at this place.
    Banks don't just default customers because they can. They work with them, and if the customer gives ANY inkling they won't be able to pay a loan back, then it gets marked down, or foreclosed on. But not just because they are behind on loan payments. The Warren wouldn't be making money for a long while.

From what i am hearing Regal is currently working with Arvest to lease and reopen the theater. I will post an update once i hear more.

^

Sometimes it's best to be the 2nd one in; get a way better deal.

Hope it works out.

Quote Originally Posted by bombermwc View Post
    Don't know the details, but it just seems like Bill Warren decided he was done with the place. The potential for Arvest bank and Regal coming to an agreement would be positive news.

23. Default Re: Warren Theaters coming to MWC!

Whatever keeps the place open. I really enjoyed going there and it's far too young to close already. The amount of money that would be lost there is crazy if it doesn't open.

Don't know if this means anything and it could just be a random coincidence but I needed to get an address to get an exact tax rate for a Dutch Brothers Coffee that is going in across the street from the Warren and when I typed in Warren Theater Midwest City the first listing to show up in Google was the following

https://www.regmovies.com/theatres/m...n-theatre/1477

It is a broken link that goes to a 404 page but there shouldn't be any other reason for it to be there so maybe they are close to a deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_M View Post
    Don't know if this means anything and it could just be a random coincidence but I needed to get an address to get an exact tax rate for a Dutch Brothers Coffee that is going in across the street from the Warren and when I typed in Warren Theater Midwest City the first listing to show up in Google was the following

https://www.regmovies.com/theatres/m...n-theatre/1477

It is a broken link that goes to a 404 page but there shouldn't be any other reason for it to be there so maybe they are close to a deal.
    that is from before it closed remember regal ran the theater

Thread Information