Widgets Magazine
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Warren Theaters coming to MWC!

1. Default Re: Warren Theaters coming to MWC!

Im not sure what's taking so long, but none of the projects have made much progress from the last pictures I took.

Maybe its just me, but construction in general seems to take a lot longer than it used to. We used to joke that Clark Construction projects took twice as long to get done, but now it seems like their slow pace IS the norm.

Default Re: Warren Theaters coming to MWC!

This is in the same development the Warren Theatres is in.

Andy’s Altitude 1291 is an indoor entertainment complex that will feature everything from bowling to bumper cars.

“This 26,000 square foot state-of-the-art venue will feature a variety of activities including bowling, bumper cars, laser tag, midway style arcade games, a full-service restaurant and bar, a virtual reality simulator, and more,” a post by the City of Midwest City read.
    - https://kfor.com/2019/02/14/indoor-e...-midwest-city/

Do you know anything about Burlington next to new construction projects?

5. Default Re: Warren Theaters coming to MWC!

Its been open for months now. What do you mean?

And the Warren is still moving at a snails pace.

Quote Originally Posted by bombermwc View Post
    Its been open for months now. What do you mean?

And the Warren is still moving at a snails pace.
    It opens in mid may I believe. Im not sure about the construction pace, but I think with all the utilities work done to develop the entire site for everything that is going to go in, plus the higher than normal amount of rain we had this winter, that could have slowed the pace a little.

Bill Warren doesn't sell the process short for a timeline. He will have the theater built the right way no matter how long it takes. That's how I know this is still being built as a real-deal Warren... hopefully that's an indicator that it'll be managed and run as a real-deal Warren.

8. Default Re: Warren Theaters coming to MWC!

We've got a couple of box stores going in between Burlington and the theater but not idea what they are. The buildings are most of the way done. They're moving along fast enough that they're still gonna beat the snails-pace movie theater on who opens first. I'm not sure what's making that thing take so long to open.

I am being told opening target is July. Once again, Regal will staff and manage with Bill Warren input/direction. The upstairs and balcony will be 21 and over with a full liquor bar, beer and wine sales downstairs. One change Warren requested and built, there will be NO servers anywhere. There will be only one food service window on the first floor. If you want food they will give you a pager to return when it is ready. Like the article said, it will be all reserved seating with all the seats the recliners similar to the screening rooms at Moore Warren. None of the theatre's will be as large as the two Grand Auditoriums.

Might ask Ginkasa to weigh in if you don't trust my sources...

Eh, if regal is going to run this theater it won't pull me from showbiz in Edmond. It's sad what they've done to what the Warren theaters used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeLucky View Post
    Eh, if regal is going to run this theater it won't pull me from showbiz in Edmond. It's sad what they've done to what the Warren theaters used to be.
    I was just at the Moore Warren on Friday, and it is still fine. Not sure why people hate on it. Maybe I am not snobbish enough, though :/ The food was great, IMAX was awesome! Just not sure what material (the CPA in me) changes have taken place to make it so horrid in this boards eyes.

12. Default Re: Warren Theaters coming to MWC!

Quote Originally Posted by jonny d View Post
    I was just at the Moore Warren on Friday, and it is still fine. Not sure why people hate on it. Maybe I am not snobbish enough, though :/ The food was great, IMAX was awesome! Just not sure what material (the CPA in me) changes have taken place to make it so horrid in this boards eyes.
    I agree with you and it's not just on this board.... Oddly enough the place stays pretty busy for all the hate it gets for being owned by Regal now.

Quote Originally Posted by zcamaro70 View Post
    I am being told opening target is July. Once again, Regal will staff and manage with Bill Warren input/direction. The upstairs and balcony will be 21 and over with a full liquor bar, beer and wine sales downstairs. One change Warren requested and built, there will be NO servers anywhere. There will be only one food service window on the first floor. If you want food they will give you a pager to return when it is ready. Like the article said, it will be all reserved seating with all the seats the recliners similar to the screening rooms at Moore Warren. None of the theatre's will be as large as the two Grand Auditoriums.

Might ask Ginkasa to weigh in if you don't trust my sources...
    Seems like this is going backwards when compared to what Flixbrewhouse will bring in. I doubt northside warren will ever be built, but I could be wrong.

Part of it is the fact that when Bill Warren was running his own theaters there was a day to day service standard that was pretty amazing. Yes, I suppose the regal warren is fine on it's face, but when compared to how it was maintained and run when Bill was running the show, it's still a step back. And, yes, I'm a movie theater snob because of Bill Warren. lol

I never felt that the customer service was anything particularly special at Warren compared to any other theatre. It is and was staffed by high school students working minimum wage(ish) just like everywhere else. I've encountered issues both before and after the Regal purchase.

I'm not sure about the construction on S.E 15th St. and S. Sooner Rd? Last time we saw one or two months ago they were planned to demolished old houses.
    another one by the Burlington next to the new stores building does not know what they have the planning of new stores?

For me it's the little things Warren held dear at his theaters. The theater was nearly in perfect shape at all times, (he extended times between showings to give time to properly clean the theaters at a loss of profit) bathrooms were always spotless, confession stands clean and stocked. Very little advertising allowed anywhere. Last time I went to Moore, there were lights out here and there, tiles were getting mildewy in the bathrooms, so many advertisements, the theaters weren't as fully cleaned as they were with Warren. Again nothing to really deter me from going but definitely one of the things you notice when a proud family owned company or place gets sold to a chain that wants to ever be more efficient and profitable. Little things slip here and there. It's still probably one of the best theaters in OK of course.

Quote Originally Posted by John1744 View Post
    For me it's the little things Warren held dear at his theaters. The theater was nearly in perfect shape at all times, (he extended times between showings to give time to properly clean the theaters at a loss of profit) bathrooms were always spotless, confession stands clean and stocked.
    I like my confession stands clean too!

maybe that's not such a bad idea...

"forgive me bill warren, for i have sinned. this past week, i watched the movie ishtar... and i liked it."

"that will be 2 casa blancas and 1 citizen kane... go in peace"

Saw this on my facebook feedfullsizeoutput_b3f.jpeg

Quote Originally Posted by zcamaro70 View Post
    Saw this on my facebook feedfullsizeoutput_b3f.jpeg
    Ugh

22. Default Re: Warren Theaters coming to MWC!

Well darn... This theater was so much nicer when Bill Warren owned it. Now it's going to be trashed before it even opens.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger S View Post
    Well darn... This theater was so much nicer when Bill Warren owned it. Now it's going to be trashed before it even opens.
    The Moore Warren is not that bad. I wish people would quit making it seem like a skidmark on the underwear of life.

24. Default Re: Warren Theaters coming to MWC!

The Moore Warren is not that bad. I wish people would quit making it seem like a skidmark on the underwear of life.
    I agree but get ready to hear about how much better this theater was when Bill Warren owned it... It's going to happen.

No, it's not that bad. It's still not as good as it used to be, though. While the experience today under Regal is still good to great, it's the little but meaningful touches that I miss that made it an exceptional experience under Bill Warren's ownership. Regal also doesn't take as good care of their employees vs Warren, and it shows.

Thread Information