Widgets Magazine
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Warren Theaters coming to MWC!

1. Default Re: Warren Theaters coming to MWC!

Quote Originally Posted by _Kyle View Post
    What is taking so long? Its been six months.
    Construction plans are being modified.

2. Default Re: Warren Theaters coming to MWC!

If it helps settle anything, when the Producer's Co-Op project was announced, Sooner Investments specifically mention another current OKC area project as the MWC Warren Theater. It's a good development company that does well with large scale. Just look at some of the projects they have helped manage. If they say they're still on it, you can feel pretty comfortable in trusting them. Putting out fakery isn't something i've known them to do. I mean if you can manage Town Center in MWC and University Town Center in Norman, you're doing pretty good. Since the site plan is still under the planning stage for Coop, it's not listed, but i think they said September so we dont have to wait long.

http://soonerinvestment.com/

Default Re: Warren Theaters coming to MWC!

Plans have been released for the Warren MWC location and it is bidding to General Contractors currently on October 5th. Plans require an NDA to be viewed.

https://twitter.com/KOCO_FAST2/statu...19242798161920

Looks like groundbreaking is happening.

http://warrentheaters.com/index.html

We're not done yet, folks!

Warren Theatres LLC has entered the next chapter in our storied history, and we are planning on developing future Warren Theatre locations.

Our mission is to be the best-in-market theatre offering the public with the best in cinematic sight and sound wrapped in a package of opulence, comfort and security. We have a demonstrated record of success as a regional draw for movie-goers across a wide demographic.

If you are a Developer or City Economic Development Official interested in bringing a Warren Theatre to your area, we invite you to make an inquiry by filling out a request form for additional information.

Our Corporate Office can be reached at (316) 685-3773
    Still really not sure what is happening here, did he decide he just wanted small theaters? Did Regal give him so much cash he literally couldn't refuse the offer? Why sell your best theaters to just start opening more theaters?

I drove by there a few minutes ago and took this picture...

Warren Theater in Midwest City by Paul L. McCord Jr., on Flickr

Untitled by Paul L. McCord Jr., on Flickr

C'mon, Chris Lee... at least get the street name right next time.

Quote Originally Posted by John1744 View Post
    https://twitter.com/KOCO_FAST2/statu...19242798161920

Looks like groundbreaking is happening.

http://warrentheaters.com/index.html

Still really not sure what is happening here, did he decide he just wanted small theaters? Did Regal give him so much cash he literally couldn't refuse the offer? Why sell your best theaters to just start opening more theaters?
    Man that's the $64,000 question in my head. I hate the Regal taking over the Moore Warren. The only thing I've heard that makes any sense is that Warren is getting older, and apparently no one in the "next generation" is all that interested in the movie business, so there's no one to inherit or take them over. He opted to continue with the existing projects, but it would surely seem to me the moment they're on steady footing, the for-sale sign will be up ASAP.

First sure sign of Regal's infection: Went to the movies there the other night, and didn't get my traditional chocolate-covered mint on the way out. Asked the usher, "Where's the candy?" He said, "Don't have any."

I fear that's only the beginning.

Regals are very nice theatres.

9. Default Re: Warren Theaters coming to MWC!

I never saw a problem with Regal when that was the branding for the one at 240/35. Actually, when AMC took it over from Regal was when it stopped lighting up the extra neon lights and quite staffing the extra concession stands, etc. It's not that the AMC is bad, it's just a plan ole regular nothing fancy place. Which, to be honest, is fine for me. I don't particular want to pay an extra $10 per ticket, but i know there are people out there that would want that....otherwise Warren wouldn't be successful.

When we're talking about companies like AMC and Regal, its really hard to say "AMC is this" or "Regal is that". They're so large that different theatres in different markets are going to give a completely different vibe from each other. AMC's and Regal's theatres can be nice when they put effort into that location or trash when a location is not worth spending the effort or money on. I expect Moore Warren will maintain a certain level of niceness. I sincerely doubt it will become a trash heap like some have predicted just as I really doubt that Spotlight 14 in Norman will ever be nicer than it is now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkasa View Post
    When we're talking about companies like AMC and Regal, its really hard to say "AMC is this" or "Regal is that". They're so large that different theatres in different markets are going to give a completely different vibe from each other. AMC's and Regal's theatres can be nice when they put effort into that location or trash when a location is not worth spending the effort or money on. I expect Moore Warren will maintain a certain level of niceness. I sincerely doubt it will become a trash heap like some have predicted just as I really doubt that Spotlight 14 in Norman will ever be nicer than it is now.
    I don't know about trash heap, but it will lose that personal touch it received from Warren. It will be one theater out of a few hundred compared to the dozen or so that Bill Warren owned.

Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    I don't know about trash heap, but it will lose that personal touch it received from Warren. It will be one theater out of a few hundred compared to the dozen or so that Bill Warren owned.
    I think we overestimate how much the Warren will change. Regal is VERY aware of how popular that theater is (I thought I saw where it was in the top 20 in the country in terms of revenue, but may be wrong). They will not mess it up too much, due to that alone.

13. Default Re: Warren Theaters coming to MWC!

Quote Originally Posted by jonny d View Post
    I think we overestimate how much the Warren will change. Regal is VERY aware of how popular that theater is (I thought I saw where it was in the top 20 in the country in terms of revenue, but may be wrong). They will not mess it up too much, due to that alone.
    I see a lot of people on the Moore FB page complain about how it's gone down hill but there are an equal number of us that really haven't noticed much change.

Only been a couple of times since the change and other than the small and medium popcorn now comes in a bag instead of a bucket and the online movie times are harder to find... I haven't noticed much degradation yet and haven't noticed any of the stuff others have complained about.... I'm holding out hope that Regal maintains it's status but I'm also very aware of how far they let the Robinson 14 theatre in Norman go after they took it over.... I'll never set foot in it again.

I didn't think the Norman theatre really had far to fall before Regal took it on. I haven't been in since then, but if its gotten worse I'd only expect Regal just let it keep going the way it was going.

The Choctaw Times has a decently sized article about the theater, some choice quotes:

Bill Warren: "I think the future of the industry, at least for us in the way it's going and I think that it should go, is small theaters that are even more luxurious," "I would equate this theater with a luxury boutique or luxury hotel like you would see in resort areas and so forth. They will be nicer and better, more expensive. This will be the nicest theater in the state of Oklahoma. It won't be the biggest, but it will be the nicest"

16. Default Re: Warren Theaters coming to MWC!

I didn't think the Norman theatre really had far to fall before Regal took it on. I haven't been in since then, but if its gotten worse I'd only expect Regal just let it keep going the way it was going.
    Ya having been to it before it was Regal it was exactly the same. Pretty crappy either way.

Quote Originally Posted by John1744 View Post
    The Choctaw Times has a decently sized article about the theater, some choice quotes:

Bill Warren: "I think the future of the industry, at least for us in the way it's going and I think that it should go, is small theaters that are even more luxurious," "I would equate this theater with a luxury boutique or luxury hotel like you would see in resort areas and so forth. They will be nicer and better, more expensive. This will be the nicest theater in the state of Oklahoma. It won't be the biggest, but it will be the nicest"
    Must be about branding. Don't want the new concept Warren theaters to be compared with the old concept or vice versa.

Don't know if it has been said yet but this theatre will be run no different than the other Warren theatres that were just bought by Regal. All new Warren theatres will be run and staffed by Regal.

Well that's just the oddest thing. I wonder if Warren even owns them and is letting Regal manage the theaters or what's going on with the whole thing.

20. Default Re: Warren Theaters coming to MWC!

Quote Originally Posted by zcamaro70 View Post
    Don't know if it has been said yet but this theatre will be run no different than the other Warren theatres that were just bought by Regal. All new Warren theatres will be run and staffed by Regal.
    And you have a credible source for this piece of information? And no your mom's, friends, cousins, sister doesn't count as credible.

Quote Originally Posted by OK BBQ Eater Anonymous View Post
    And you have a credible source for this piece of information? And no your mom's, friends, cousins, sister doesn't count as credible.
    Right. I've heard speculation to this effect, on this board and otherwise, but I haven't heard anything confirming it.

22. Default Re: Warren Theaters coming to MWC!

Right. I've heard speculation to this effect, on this board and otherwise, but I haven't heard anything confirming it.
    The interviews of Bill Warren I read after the sale of his theaters was that he was not exiting the theater business but instead going a different direction in the theater business.

Spoke to managers at the Moore location. Do you really think Regal would have bought his theatres and then allow him to open new competition down the street? If you don't believe me just wait until it opens.

Quote Originally Posted by zcamaro70 View Post
    Spoke to managers at the Moore location. Do you really think Regal would have bought his theatres and then allow him to open new competition down the street? If you don't believe me just wait until it opens.
    I'm not going to speak for OK BBQ, but at least on my end I'm not saying it will definitely not happen like you said. As I mentioned, this possibility has been brought up before and I believe it is still a strong possibility. It is not, however, confirmed, at least in my mind. "Managers" at a movie theatre is such a potentially broad term, especially now that they're managers in a company with hundreds of locations compared to 7, that I wouldn't take their word as fact for something that doesn't immediately affect their own location. It's possible that they legitimately know something and have leaked it to you, but I think it is at least equally possible they just repeated the same speculation that's already occurred.

If we do find out this is the case as we approach opening day, I won't be surprised and if that affords you some feeling of vindication then more power to you. I also won't be surprised, however, if it turns out this is not the case. We'll find out.

25. Default Re: Warren Theaters coming to MWC!

It's pretty much been my experience that manager = mom's, friends, cousins, sister.

They get their information the same way the rest do... Through the grapevine.

So, yeah, we'll wait and see because right now it's just speculation and rumor.

Thread Information