Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Warren Theaters coming to MWC!

Default Re: Warren Theaters coming to MWC!

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    according to this article the two new theatres for okc are not part of the sale.
    Hope arises!

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by John1744 View Post
    That really sucks I guess money always talks but I thought Bill Warren had something really special with his theater group. I always go out of my way to drive to the Moore Warren to see a movie to support a smaller "indie" theater chain that has always done good to me. Food is always fresh, theaters spotless, audio/video perfect etc etc. I can't believe that Regal will be able to keep up the love Bill showed his employees and his theaters.
    Exactly! I always made the drive to support Warren as well because the experience was so pleasant. I will not do that for Regal. I'll watch it in my own home eventually over a Regal.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    according to this article the two new theatres for okc are not part of the sale.
    Very good news.

At least they will have tons of money now for these new projects.

4. Default Re: Warren Theaters coming to MWC!

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Very good news.

At least they will have tons of money now for these new projects.
    There have been lots of rumors over the years of a theater going in at UNP..... Wonder if he may consider building one of his "3rd reincarnations of the movie business" there.

It sounds like he is doing this to gather capital for his new theater concept.
    Which really is awesome news for the 2 new theaters, it really makes me wonder what will be different about these though other than their smaller size. Or maybe the entire idea is to make the theaters more easily accessible.

I'm just hearing about this and it makes me sick. Regal will turn Warren into a freakin' WalMart for Movies Slum in less than six months.

Just. Sickening.

Beyond that, I can't believe Bill Warren sold out.

I'm just stunned. And not in a good way.

I'm guessing Warren is going put all of his resources into the boutique theater concept. He may want to be more innovative with smaller brand.

or he is retiring and cashing out.....................

Either way, a metaphorical tornado just hit the theater in Moore. It will take a a year or two to know the full damage.

This saddens me for the potential warren in NW OKC. However, I'll just keep driving to the AMC at Penn.

I wouldn't be surprised if NW OKC and Midwest City locations are going to be a lot more different than originally thought. When we first heard about them, they just sounded like smaller versions of all the other theaters. If that's all they are, whats the point of keeping them and building as planned? It also makes not serving alcohol at these two locations more crazy when potential competitors with similar concepts will be serving alcohol.

Welp, a cohort relayed some scuttlebutt (and I stress that's all it is) to me that rumblings are that senior Warren is aging and really wants out on his own terms, and the rest of his family is apparently only lukewarm at best to the idea of taking over. Don't know if it's true, but if it is, it doesn't sound good for the two new theaters.

11. Default Re: Warren Theaters coming to MWC!

^^^^^^^
    Yeah, suspect that's the real reason, which means he likely won't run the two new ones assuming they're built. As mentioned above, Regal is in the acquisition business, not the development/construction end. It wouldn't surprise me if there is a deal in place for Warren to get current new build projects up and running and then sell those also. It's what makes the most sense.

http://www.news9.com/story/35488039/...-entertainment

The "woe is the OKC-area" can stop, at least with regards to the Warren Theaters being proposed.

Quote Originally Posted by jonny d View Post
    http://www.news9.com/story/35488039/...-entertainment

The "woe is the OKC-area" can stop, at least with regards to the Warren Theaters being proposed.
    It can if Warren dumps them to Regal once their completed. Just amazing to put so much effort into a theater and turn it over to a bad chain operator. Like handing a filet to a temp cook at McDonald's.

Is the one in Tulsa being sold to Regal as well? I'm guessing so as it said "all 7 theatres." Reason I ask is News 9 isn't always accurate and I'm not familiar with Warren's holdings. I can imagine the one in Tulsa metro being a shocker as that one is nicer than the Moore location.

Yes Warren in Broken Arrow was sold.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Is the one in Tulsa being sold to Regal as well? I'm guessing so as it said "all 7 theatres." Reason I ask is News 9 isn't always accurate and I'm not familiar with Warren's holdings. I can imagine the one in Tulsa metro being a shocker as that one is nicer than the Moore location.
    He sold everything. That's why a lot of us are suspicious that he may sell these two theaters once they are completed. Even if they are not sold immediately, I wouldn't be surprised if they are sold later. His strategy just doesn't make sense, unless these two theaters were on his bucket list of things to do before he retires.

Is there anything new here? I saw some construction workers poking around the site a couple days ago.

18. Default Re: Warren Theaters coming to MWC!

Quote Originally Posted by _Kyle View Post
    Is there anything new here? I saw some construction workers poking around the site a couple days ago.
    Construction plans are still being worked on. It will be a few weeks before you see much activity on site.

19. Default Re: Warren Theaters coming to MWC!

There's something going in on the corner, but it's not the theater. i would guess either some small strip-center thing or fast food.

20. Default Re: Warren Theaters coming to MWC!

Quote Originally Posted by bombermwc View Post
    There's something going in on the corner, but it's not the theater. i would guess either some small strip-center thing or fast food.
    Are you talking about the outparcel directly in front of Hobby Lobby?

I saw that too but im talking about where the theater will actually be. They were digging around near the street.

The BancFirst is what is being worked on at the moment.

23. Default Re: Warren Theaters coming to MWC!

The bank has the vault in now. It's always obvious when a bank is going in when the build the vault..lol.

The movie theater spot is suspiciously not doing anything at all though......

24. Default Re: Warren Theaters coming to MWC!

The bank has the vault in now. It's always obvious when a bank is going in when the build the vault..lol.

The movie theater spot is suspiciously not doing anything at all though......
    Nothing suspicious about it... Plans aren't approved yet.

What is taking so long? Its been six months.

Thread Information